• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

_woLf

Can they charge me for this later?

No. That's not how it works.

They'd just remove the purchase from your account.

Interesting that I never got an order confirmation email nor does my xbox live account orders page show I have fallout.

But when I go to the fallout 4 deluxe page, it says I already own it. Huh.

GReeeeN

Its asking me for CC details??, I dont think so, most likely will be charged later, anyway to bypass this CC stage?

notaskwid

Don't have an Xbox one, don't care for Fallout 4, was going to get it anyway, but it's asking me for a credit card so I guess I won't.

Zafir

I can't recall a time when they have. People kept them and MS just fixed the error.

Yeah but, the last time this happened with the Fallout 4 Season Pass on PSN, it got revoked. That's despite the fact, previously Sony had let price mistakes slide (I got Killzone on PS4 for a few quid not that long after release, I got Minecraft for free etc).

Snagged the deluxe even though I don't own an XBO. Worth a shot, free is free

Its asking me for CC details??, I dont think so, most likely will be charged later, anyway to bypass this CC stage?

Doing so would literally be fraud on MS's part, glitches notwithstanding. There's no chance MS will charge you after the fact.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
OK seems to be working, but then the page changed to english? If you don't get an email about a CC charge, are you ok?

mcrommert

Banned
Don't do this guys, if you already gave your cc info, MS will charge it sooner or later after they fix this issue. This happened months back as well and those unlucky ones got their cc charged but they got to keep the game.

That is literally illegal...they will just revoke the sales

If people get angry when they revoke them i will just laugh

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Cool, just downloaded literally everything they offered all for free. Removed my Credit Card info afterwards. thanks!

Don't do this guys, if you already gave your cc info, MS will charge it sooner or later after they fix this issue. This happened months back.

Proof? I have never seen them charge people afterwards for buying a "free" game. I've heard of licensing being revoked, but most of the time they let you keep it. There would be a shit storm if they randomly charged people for something that they already "bought" listed as $0.00 with no indication or fine print that they'd be charged later.

Wondering if we'll secretly be charged full price for "purchasing" it once they correct this. I'll be absolutely livid if that happens.

I don't think they can do that legally, especially since on the purchase statement it says $0. They can just remove the license from your account however.

Zach

I don't know why I'm downloading this. I got bored with it on PS4 and moved on.

Eh, it's nice to have digitally just in case. Thanks, thread starter.

Don't do this guys, if you already gave your cc info, MS will charge it sooner or later after they fix this issue. This happened months back as well and those unlucky ones got their cc charged but they got to keep the game.

I was able to DL it without a CC. I had 25 cents on my account.

so time to cancel my card and get a new one. Niiiiice.

alexbull_uk

I'm not worried. There's no way they can take money for something afterwards that they "sold" for free. They could remove it from your library but they can't charge you for it.

illegal?

and i used a visa gift card so i'm good.

Syranth

They legally can't do that and you can dispute it with your Credit Card Company. It's an easy case especially if you get some sort of receipt.

imjust1n

Banned

Change your cc info afterwards or remove it

jediyoshi

Did it? Source? I've literally never seen an instance of this.

Chris1

Can they charge me for this later?

No that'd be illegal, the advertising price is 0.00 they can't charge you more than that.

They can revoke it from your account though, but it's probably worth a try incase they let you keep it.

Thanks OP. Grabbed the season pass edition.

TwIsTeD

No one is going to get charged after the fact and since its now on the front page of Slickdeals there are definitely gonna pull the licenses

No. That's not how it works.

They'd just remove the purchase from your account.

Interesting that I never got an order confirmation email nor does my xbox live account orders page show I have fallout.

But when I go to the fallout 4 deluxe page, it says I already own it. Huh.

It doesn't do it for free games. Have you ever gotten an email over a Games With Gold download?

Speaking of which, maybe this is a free GWG for e3?

Top Bottom