• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

I had credit on my account so it let me purchase it without needing any CC info, installing it now. Prob. going to be taken away but if its not then GG my friends.

MUnited83

For you.
Don't do this guys, if you already gave your cc info, MS will charge it sooner or later after they fix this issue. This happened months back as well and those unlucky ones got their cc charged but they got to keep the game.
Nevwr happened, and it cannot happen unless MS want to get fried. It's illegal.

Chris1

They can't legally do that (at least in the U.S., but I'd imagine it's illegal in most countries). They can, however, revoke the digital license to play it.

They can't do it in UK either.

If MS charges you more than advertised price (0.00 right now) they're breaking the law. There's nothing to worry about, just download it & hope they don't revoke your license.

etta

my hard graphic balls
this makes you realize how unimportant the disc really is.

giphy.gif

bidguy

Banned
just throwing this here in, they never revoked access to games on 360 because they couldnt do it. system wasnt set up for that

on xbone they can do it easily done it several times when i got a refund for a game

They can't do it in UK either.

If MS charges you more than advertised price (0.00 right now) they're breaking the law. There's nothing to worry about, just download it & hope they don't revoke your license.

Yeah, it would essentially be an unauthorized transaction.

Kalentan

Assuming they keep this... I may use my PS4 for my "regular" guy and on XBO do that survival mode.

Why not both on same platform? *Shrugs*

Egg0

Banned
Yea there's noway these purchases will stick considering no one has gotten a confirmation email.

There's actually a difference between a "Free" download from GWG and this Fallout thing.
A GWG download bypasses the credit card info and lets you download. If you're buying Fallout on the Xbox they ask for some sort of payment option and the price is $0.00 not "Free," like with GWG.

Matticers

All of you poor souls who think you're getting a free game. =(

If you're lucky, you can download and play it for an hour or two before the license is revoked. Like a little demo.

I downloaded the digital deluxe but I'm expecting it to be revoked. The expansion pass was free on the ps store and that got revoked. Worth a shot though.

Think they may have JUST fixed it. I got to the F4 page with $0 price but needed to sign in. Signed in and now the same link gives me an error :-|

EDIT: Well, the Season Pass is still $0 and works, lol.

Big Brett

Everyone keeps saying they'll revoke the licenses, but is there any tangible proof of them doing this in the past? I've had XBL for a loooong time, and I've seen glitches like this stick a lot.

Docpan

How many days / weeks does it take to revoke license.

And how do I take the console offline? Just unplug ? I wanna play with mods that's why I even bothered downloading

Epcott

Got and downloading now!

So I guess once they catch on the game and DLC will mysteriously vanish from my external HDD?

By the way, thanks OP. I... Love you

kevin1025

Banned
how?

when i use the link and add my cc info to purchase i cant even choose my province because it lists only US states

I have a few dollars on my Microsoft account, I guess it might be allowing me to buy free things without credit card info, not sure. I hit the Buy Now button, signed in, and hit confirm and that was it.

Top Bottom