• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

jelly

For later

lethal-weapon-2.png

Can they charge me for this later?

In theory, yes, as they have your credit card information.

In practice, no, as I'm pretty sure that would be illegal. If you buy something for £0.00, a store cannot then re-charge you at a higher price later just because the price has gone up; regardless of it being an error or not.

def sim

man they can't charge you for what you didn't authorize

in the unlikely case they do, it won't stand and they'll have to fix it

malfcn

Don't do this guys, if you already gave your cc info, MS will charge it sooner or later after they fix this issue. This happened months back as well and those unlucky ones got their cc charged but they got to keep the game.

I don't remember this ever happening.

Skelter

Banned
Don't do this guys, if you already gave your cc info, MS will charge it sooner or later after they fix this issue. This happened months back as well and those unlucky ones got their cc charged but they got to keep the game.

I have an old CC number on there :D

Noobcraft

Yeah it works. Weird lol. Not expecting the license to stay but never played Fallout before so maybe it will be a nice demo.

I bought the deluxe edition. But I own the game physical and own the season pass. If licenses get revoked, is there are a chance they would remove my legit purchased season pass?

They can't legally do that (at least in the U.S., but I'd imagine it's illegal in most countries). They can, however, revoke the digital license to play it.

Kadin

If you can all stop downloading and free up some bandwidth for me, I'd really love you. And you. And you!

Maybe they were planning on making it free for the weekend a la Rocket League?

Edit: I suppose that wouldn't make much sense since you can easily beat the story in a weekend.

Kindekuma

Banned
Anyone getting confirmation emails for the purchase? I haven't received one, it's not showing up on recent purchases either. Maybe the system is a bit overworked right now? Who knows.

Deadbeat

Banned
Maybe quickly download the game and go offline for a while. If you dont mind being offline for a while that is. How long could you play this purchase offline?

Then i will call my credit company and tell MS to suck my zero fraud liability dick

Their official store is showing 0$ and I clicked buy because its 0$, try and charge me after you false advertisement the price

I purchased the full game and season pass for ps4, but also got this deluxe edition thanks to a heads up by Wario thru Twitter.

expecting MS to revoke these tho

Drayco21

Got it through the store on the console itself; I don't like what Bethesda's done with the franchise, but I'll take it for free until they inevitably revoke it.

thenameDS

Done managed to get the Deluxe Edition. Bought a physical copy day one but the performance was so bad I sold it 2 days after, hopefully its better now?

Assuming they don't just revoke everyone's licenses of course..

Top Bottom