• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

yeah it is and of course not. have you ever seen a zombie look like that?

what is it with people over exaggerating in here? sure the game doesn't look amazing but you're all acting like it's a PS1 game.

Zombie comment was obviously a joke. The faces aren't very good.

ymgve

I hope the game doesn't have a spaniard dub, it's just fucking horrible.

At least on Steam you are able to pick between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish and Japanese voices by just changing the language in Steam's game properties. There's also only one version on Steam so you don't risk getting the "wrong" version like with some other games.

Omadahl

Banned
Just pull the old Gob Bluth. Get in the closet, turn out the lights, take the glasses off and get it on. You know you're going to play it anyway. "Oh god, there's still light coming from under the door."

nDRhNzp.jpg

american-sniper-fake-baby.jpg

yeah it is and of course not. have you ever seen a zombie look like that?

what is it with people over exaggerating in here? sure the game doesn't look amazing but you're all acting like it's a PS1 game.

She has no depth, no real sense of quality. The textures are plastic.

e.jpg

This is depth.

horizon-zero-dawn-e3-2015-ps4-sony-video-game-screenshots-21.jpg

This is quality

a bit different art directions but regardless the modeling is bad in Fallout 4 in 2015.

Wallach

v4WV6QH.jpg

I like this shot, the framing in third person looks nice, might actually play a significant portion of the game in third person this time.

Images like this are why I'm not concerned about the PC version of F4 at all. Much like Skyrim, which everyone also took a dump on at release, I quite enjoyed Skyrim's visuals out of the gate. Once you actually get the settings back up to max and some worthwhile AA it's going to look fine. This time around I'll be running 4x DSR, so it'll be an even bigger difference on PC come launch.

I haven't preordered but if someone wants to take a stand, I'll take your unwanted PS4 copy for free - release yourself of a burden out of protest.

(It doesn't look as bad as people are crying for and it might be one of those games that looks better in motion. Either way, I'm still on the fence.)

What bothers me the most is that it's so generic and sterile; that room looks like a compilation of bought assets on wholesale. It has zero artistic identity.

Its so jarring compared to the outdoor wasteland areas which are given more detail

Maybe those details come easier to the team since they feel compelled to make the world look destroyed

Might be unsure how to add character to a lived in home Pre-Catastrophe.

Everything is too clean... too many straight lines and angles.

Wow... What a ridiculous exaggeration. Compare these characters faces to Skyrim and Fallout 3. World of difference.

Oh so zombie was an exaggeration to you? okay then she has a derp face and has barely any graphically depth better now? bottom line she's lifeless.

Also why would i compare it to those games? (the different is clear) I'm comparing it to games of this generation. Especially in terms of overall art quality.

Never the less even comparing it to those. Fallout 4 is 3 to 5 years behind in terms of modeling.

Yup

Unfortunately the same level of detail was not applied to every little piece of the world... and they probably use tools to input assets here and there without actually designing them to the location (mugs, tables, furniture)

The issue being that some areas demand specific detail for pieces to fit or to make the area more immersive.

Its tough but i have yet to see an open world game that doesnt suffer from this.

Yeah. That screenshot for example. Looks great when outside but I bet when you enter that gas station it will look bland in terms of lighting. I am now playing Halo 5 campaign and i see some really nice lighting shining down on me through these rock cracks, it's nothing that will blow you away but it DOES make the overall scene look a lot more appealing. Lighting is just so important.

alfablac

Banned
I haven't preordered but if someone wants to take a stand, I'll take your unwanted PS4 copy for free - release yourself of a burden out of protest.

(It doesn't look as bad as people are crying for and it might be one of those games that looks better in motion. Either way, I'm still on the fence.)

It surely doesn't look impeccable.
I would wait a sale or the mods. I will not regret doing this.
I've been playing games like batman and tomb raider on day one and they improved a lot as in I had to play it again a year later. So many patches and dlc that it looks incomplete on day one. Again, I would wait to buy it on a sale to play it in its completeness. In other words, the goty version.

Oh so zombie was an exaggeration to you? okay then she has a derp face and has barely any graphically depth better now? bottom line she's lifeless.

Also why would i compare it to those games? (the different is clear) I'm comparing it to games of this generation. Especially in terms of overall art quality.

Never the less even comparing it to those. Fallout 4 is 3 to 4 years behind in terms of modeling and maybe even 6 to 7 years behind.

Calling her a zombie was nonsense yes. I take it you haven't seen the video of this? Cause it really shows that Bethesda is finally able to make women look decent, this pic is just a little off. I fully realize that the graphics overall are not up to today's standards, but was Fallout 3 and Skyrim at the time?

Calling her a zombie was nonsense yes. I take it you haven't seen the video of this? Cause it really shows that Bethesda is finally able to make women look decent, this pic is just a little off. I fully realize that the graphics overall are not up to today's standards, but was Fallout 3 and Skyrim at the time?

large.jpg

It does not look much better, though the eyes are more decent. An its not as washed out.

Still is that supposed to be a human being or rather a black person? like what the hell.

couldn't give a crap about the visuals as long as it runs fine BUT i need to know that Inon Zur is back with an ambient OST and that there's tons of cool oldie songs i've never heard before.. plz

JoseLopez

She has no depth, no real sense of quality. The textures are plastic.

e.jpg

This is depth.

horizon-zero-dawn-e3-2015-ps4-sony-video-game-screenshots-21.jpg

This is quality

a bit different art directions but regardless the modeling is bad in Fallout 4 in 2015.
So where gonna act like every game looks like horizon and it's the new standard a year before launch?

large.jpg

It does not look any better. Though its not as washed out.

Like is that supposed to be a human being or rather a black person? like what the hell.

For the Gamebryo engine, which it still really is, I don't find it bad at all though. Again, a huge improvement over their previous games. Sadly the NPCs still seem to look rather bad. With an engine this old I don't think we can expect it to look on par with today's games, sadly.

I am most, since the reveal, salty about the animations more than over anything. I think animations are more important than LOD, Draw-Distance or Shadows.

Looks dumb as fuck.

Looks Like a slight improvement over the last gen games. Not really impressive at all just going by the screenshots.
I don't really accept the "it has alwaya looked bad so why expect more?" line of thought.

Also noone plays these games for graphics...said the guy who modded all previous games into unrecognizable states.

A bit of criticism won't kill little Bethesda guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom