• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he did was most likely out of anger, not actually in "defense."

You don't need to beat someone to death to stop a rape from ocurring.

IMO, it's revenge. IMO it's justified revenge.. technically under the law? There is no such thing.. hence why despite this probably fairly easily fitting a manslaughter charge, the DA will be subjective and decide not to press charges.
Anger, yes, but revenge? No. It was happening right in front of him. He stopped it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So? It's my opinion that he shouldn't have. Or is my opinion nullified because the majority thinks otherwise?

Well then, what did you try to say?

That it took 86 posts until someone wasn't okay with the story. Why you thought that I was saying you're find with child rape is beyond me.

You called it murder. Don't pretend people are clowning on you for any other reason.

I'm not an native English speaker so I don't know all the different words for ''killing a person'' and their nuances. For me, that's what murder is.

That it took 86 posts until someone wasn't okay with the story. Why you thought that I was saying you're find with child rape is beyond me.

Okay, I thought you were implying that I was on some kind of child-rapist defense force.

Chumly

No real issue with this. It wasn't so much as self dense but rage induced murder. Justified since he wouldn't have been in his right mind anyways since he just saw his four year old daughter getting raped. I mean four years old..........good god.

And on the most base level, isn't this the entire point of a father?
Ha, that's actually an interesting thought. Of course, there are a lot of things humans aren't allowed to do despite them being the natural thing to do.
Murder is still murder. Laws are still laws. He shouldn't have killed the guy.
People really need to understand a sense of context to laws, rather than just putting actions in a vacuum. That's disgusting.

Anger, yes, but revenge? No. It was happening right in front of him. He stopped it.

Not really going to mince words too much here.. kind of pointless.. this entire thread is full of vengeful statements about the guy.. "I'd have done much worse."

These statements aren't "I'd have done more to make sure we were defended properly," they are statements of revenge.

If he beat the guy out of anger, then yeah.. that pretty much defines revenge.

But we can move on. My point wasn't to claim this was outright revenge; maybe he really did just punch the guy twice to get him off his daughter.. my point was that there are people who are disgusted by "killing someone" even if it's in response to something like child rape.. and this thread is definitely full of people making statements of rhetorical vengeance; it was addressing that as much as the case itself.

Good riddance.

Must be traumatic for the dad though. First a guy sexually abuses your 4 year old daughter and then he punches the guy to his death. That will leave a mark.

But i'm glad the baby-abuser is dead.

Dude Abides

Banned
This wasn't "revenge." He didn't even intend to kill the guy. This was catching a man in the act of raping your daughter. This was acting in defense of a little girl in which the scum died.

That depends on how long the punching lasted. If he did more than necessary to stop the assault, it's manslaughter. Though the DA would be a fool to charge him.

The guy was in the middle of molesting his daughter. It was defense.

"Hey sir, please kindly stop molesting my daughter. Thank you"

Again.. you think rapists just keep on raping when they are caught in the act without repeated head punches?

Simply entering the room probably ended the rape.

Either way.. let's all pretend the people in this thread aren't making CLEARLY vengeful statements..

Not really going to mince words too much here.. kind of pointless.. this entire thread is full of vengeful statements about the guy.. "I'd have done much worse."

These statements are "I'd have done more to make sure we were defended properly," they are statements of revenge.

But we can move on. My point wasn't to claim this was outright revenge; maybe he really did just punch the guy twice to get him off his daughter.. my point was that there are people who are disgusted by "killing someone" even if it's in response to something like child rape.. and this thread is definitely full of people making statements of rhetorical vengeance; it was addressing that as much as the case itself.

He put his goddamn hands on a 4 year old girl. You want to maybe to talk it out over beers?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon

These statements are "I'd have done more to make sure we were defended properly," they are statements of revenge.

That is not true at all. If he found out about the molestation at a later time, and then he beat the guy to death, you may have a point. But he caught the guy in the middle of the act. He was defending his daughter. There is absolutely no argument here.

Again.. you think rapists just keep on raping when they are caught in the act without repeated head punches?

4 years old. She was 4 years old.

Either way.. let's all pretend the people in this thread aren't making CLEARLY vengeful statements..

What the hell do people in this thread have to do with what happened to this guy and his daughter?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
justifieddbbvi.jpg

This is seriously what I was going to post.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
That is not true at all. If he found out about the molestation at a later time, and then he beat the guy to death, you may have a point. But he caught the guy in the middle of the act. He was defending his daughter. There is absolutely no argument here.

This. It's a crime of passion, if anything.

This is what I'm getting at. Revenge implies a cooling off period.

I have to be honest. I'm not sure I would have the restraint even if it happened years ago and I was just made aware of it. I hope I never have to deal with this...

Dresden

He should have carefully aimed his blows so that the man would've been gently incapacitated. Maybe a kung-fu punch into the solar plexus with 164.5 newtons of force to decrease the chances of the man being injured.

But really, the molester got what was coming to him.

Jokab

Gaf: defends rapist who basically threw away any right of safe conduct the minute he put his hands on a 4 year old...sigh

No one is defending the actions of the rapist, what the heck are you reading? Some people are just saying he didn't need to die. People in this thread need to stop with their hyperbole to get their points across.

He put his goddamn hands on a 4 year old girl. You want to maybe to talk it out over beers?

I haven't raped anyone.

So how about you calm down and respond to my posts, and not get all angsty about it.

I said repeatedly his vengeance kill was justified. I'm just not going to sit around pretending it was really required to "defend" his daughter.

It was likely a combination of defense reaction + angry vengeance. But if my words are just going to be twisted I'll unsubscribe.

GAF can't really have a "logical" discussion about anything.. it's like everyone is sitting around getting angry about what hasn't happened to them.

This. It's a crime of passion, if anything.

No, it's likely not a "crime" of anything.

All you people having trouble with the English language, try the word "homicide" on for size. That is the proper word for the killing of a person without making a criminal judgement.

In this case, it seems this was a justifiable homicide, as the father was defending his 4-yr. old daughter during a criminal sexual assault on her person.

M-PG71C

Good, I would've done the same. Put a hand on my daughter and I will kill you, period. I don't need justification, just know you're going to die and I couldn't give one fuck otherwise.

In jail I get three meals a day plus free rent. I'm not intimidated.

I haven't raped anyone.

So how about you calm down and respond to my posts, and not get all angsty about it.

I said repeatedly his vengeance kill was justified. I'm just not going to sit around pretending it was really required to "defend" his daughter.

It was likely a combination of defense reaction + angry vengeance. But if my words are just going to be twisted I'll unsubscribe.

GAF can't really have a "logical" discussion about anything.. it's like everyone is sitting around getting angry about what hasn't happened to them.

There are things in life that are so sacred that talkimg it out doesn't work. A daughter is one of them. I have one so forgive me for putting myself in the guy's shoes.

What the hell do people in this thread have to do with what happened to this guy and his daughter?

Try following the conversation.

Which was about.. what people had said in this thread.. and how someone was disgusted with those statements.

I chimed in.. to say, these people are disgusted by killing, even if it's for revenge.

I'm not going to argue with you on your definition of revenge; I don't personally think it has anything to do with how much time has passed.. if I see someone groping my woman at a club and I swiftly punch them in the throat.. IMO, I am enacting revenge.. just swift revenge.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
No, it's likely not a "crime" of anything.

All you people having trouble with the English language, try the word "homicide" on for size. That is the proper word for the killing of a person without making a criminal judgement.

In this case, it seems this was a justifiable homicide, as the father was defending his 4-yr. old daughter during a criminal assault.

All of this was already implied by the phrase "if anything" in my post. That is to say, if it was a crime (highly unlikely) then it would be a crime of passion. Not first degree murder.

Beth Cyra

This isn't a valid excuse to me honestly.

Also I may be a heartless evil man, but frankly I'd preferd the piece of garbage die then to have good tax payers dollars that would be used all so a few people who are against death can save a piece a trash who would touch a little girl.

y2dvd

"Oh, you caught me raping your 4 years-old daughter. I have learned my lesson and promise never to rape again."

Somehow, I don't see that happening.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Good for him, I hope I'd do the same if I'm ever unlucky enough to ever see that shit. My daughter is 4 and I just don't comprehend that at all.

There are things in life that are so sacred that talkimg it out doesn't work. A daughter is one of them. I have one so forgive me for putting myself in the guy's shoes.

What "doesn't work" though?

I'm not suggesting he SHOULD HAVE "talked it out".. I'm simply discussing reality... that if someone walks in on a 4 year old being raped, that rape is probably ending pronto no matter what transpires afterwords.

So it's not really a case of "justified defense" but "justified rage".. aka a manslaughter charge that would never stick because of the circumstances.

Beyond that, my only point was to address pacifists who believe it's always wrong to kill people, even if (I'll avoid the word revenge) it's in REACTION to something.

These people often have never experienced being the victim of much in their life.

I haven't raped anyone.

You can't have a "logical" discussion because you've obviously made up your mind, calling it a "vengeance kill."

What if the guy was struggling to hit the father back until the very last blow? Ever even thought of that?

No, you are too busy making up wild "vengeance kill" scenarios in your wild imagination, and blaming others for not being "logical."

Jokab

GAF can't have a logical discussion because there's a defense force for every goddamned thing

Are you saying the people arguing that the rapist didn't have to die are a "defense force"? Really? And for that matter, "defense forces" are the ones arguing against the majority opinion, which creates discussion. Up until someone disagreed with the majority opinion, this thread was "good, would've done the same" and similar - you can't possibly be saying that's a logical discussion?

M-PG71C

Beyond the point. If you rape my daughter, there is nothing in the world that will stop me from killing you. There is no conversation, there is no negotiation, there is no compromise.

There are some things in this world that needs no justification. I will do as I see fit. If the consequence is jail, then that's a very small price to pay. Is it logical? Not at all, but not everything is followed by logic. That's why there is instinct.

"Oh, you caught me raping your 4 years-old daughter. I have learned my lesson and promise never to rape again."

Somehow, I don't see that happening.

And where did I say that is what would have happened?

People are claiming this is a "defense" case..

I'm simply saying that is intellectually dishonest. The rape probably would have ended simply from walking in the room.

Now respond to me, and then say something totally unrelated that I didn't imply, as if that's what I implied.

Good for him, I hope I'd do the same if I'm ever unlucky enough to ever see that shit. My daughter is 4 and I just don't comprehend that at all.

Agreed, I put myself in his shoes for a second and the rage inside me was consuming. My girl is my world.

Ice cream for her when I get out of work.

This isn't a valid excuse to me honestly.

Also I may be a heartless evil man, but frankly I'd preferd the piece of garbage die then to have good tax payers dollars that would be used all so a few people who are against death can save a piece a trash who would touch a little girl.

A statement always made by only the most refined of minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom