• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 22-28 | On the Xrd Day of Christmas

B5rJQc4CYAAj8kF.jpg

hitsugi

FT10 or especially 20 is plenty for a set. I would even consider 20 to be relatively long. Stuff like 50+ just becomes mind numbing after a while if it's serious play. Who the hell wants to play the same match for that duration?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
God Alex is just such a fucking badass. So damn cool. It's fucking criminal how little love he, along with most of the third strike cast, gets from Capcom.

Alex-taunt.gif

His animations made me love playing him, plus his supers were so satisfying to land. TvC Alex was a lot of fun with high damage combos with baroque but who the hell didn't have high damage combos with baroques.

What does FGCGaf think about long sets? I find the longer I play the worse I play. I think I am gonna swear off em.
I can't even stomach them in DOA for too long.

I feel the same way, when I play for long sets, my habits are exposed really easily to the point where I get frustrated. Its at that point where I know that I'm on auto pilot and I have to mix it up. All of the sets I've had throughout the years has taught me to mix up my beginning game quite a bit and I'm certainly thankful for being able to notice habits now at a higher than normal level, whatever that means.

FT100 is where it becomes real.

Nah, its first to death.
Very dark humor for some but it does get real sometimes.

Zissou

Merry Christmas FGW dudes! Hoping to make it to Evo this year, so hopefully I'll be able to meet/play against some of you guys!

Riposte

Merry Christmas FGW dudes! Hoping to make it to Evo this year, so hopefully I'll be able to meet/play against some of you guys!

Ah, I thought I recognized you from somewhere. I've read some of your stuff on Faust.

Btw, I get wrecked when cornered (especially after a fall). I know that's suppose to be his weakness, but I feel like I'm missing something (other than FD).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Merry Christmas to all the frauds that post here

EDIT: I'm wide awake from my body being in intense pain from being active but keeping it to myself. One more day to go x.x/

Zissou

Ah, I thought I recognized you from somewhere. I've read some of your stuff on Faust.

Btw, I get wrecked when cornered (especially after a fall). I know that's suppose to be his weakness, but I feel like I'm missing something (other than FD).

I'm still very new to GG myself, haha. I dabbled in the arcade release of Xrd while reading up like hell on Xrd and GG in general, which is why it may seem to occasionally know something. So far my defensive strategy is:
1) Oh fuck, BURST BURST BURST
2) Use dead angle attack (Faust's is good!)
3) Use the invincibility of 5D to blow through an attack (super risky, but costs no resources and puts the momentum completely in your favor if it works)
4) Use 6P to get people off you (upper body invincibility and has a decent hit box). You can OS the throw too, so it's a solid option.
5) Try and super jump > explodey head. This is better if you have meter to YRC so you can move immediately after the toss.
6) Block patiently and wait for a chance to poke them out of pressure with 5P or another fast move.
7) Mash out ass-poke-super because fuck it- sometimes you gotta prove you'll do nutty stuff to make them a respect you a little bit more during their rushdown.

Kumubou

All I want for Christmas is for every game to have a healthier playerbase.

KNRIEYp.jpg

Happy Haunchristkwanzfestimas, stay safe and try not to get hit by the holiday mixup too much.

Riposte

I'm still very new to GG myself, haha. I dabbled in the arcade release of Xrd while reading up like hell on Xrd and GG in general, which is why it may seem to occasionally know something. So far my defensive strategy is:
1) Oh fuck, BURST BURST BURST
2) Use dead angle attack (Faust's is good!)
3) Use the invincibility of 5D to blow through an attack (super risky, but costs no resources and puts the momentum completely in your favor if it works)
4) Use 6P to get people off you (upper body invincibility and has a decent hit box). You can OS the throw too, so it's a solid option.
5) Try and super jump > explodey head. This is better if you have meter to YRC so you can move immediately after the toss.
6) Block patiently and wait for a chance to poke them out of pressure with 5P or another fast move.
7) Mash out ass-poke-super because fuck it- sometimes you gotta prove you'll do nutty stuff to make them a respect you a little bit more during their rushdown.

To be honest, I haven't implemented alpha counters at all in my game plan, I think because I haven't seen people using them and some games may have trained me not bother with them. Throwing out 6P tends to be a big gamble unless I'm actually fishing for an aerial, but I haven't been mixing it with throw.

vocab

To be honest, I haven't implemented alpha counters at all in my game plan, I think because I haven't seen people using them and some games may have trained me not bother with them. Throwing out 6P tends to be a big gamble unless I'm actually fishing for an aerial, but I haven't been mixing it with throw.
People don't bother using it because they rather use the meter for damage. Its like that in every game.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a great day!

Also I'm now 22 and I haven't made it to Capcom Cup or an Evo top 8, what am I even doing with my life!?

MechaX

Merry Christmas FGC.

Now if only PSN would unfuck itself so I can actually get some playtime in GGXrd or... anything.

Top Bottom