• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 29 - Jan 4 | 2015: An Esports Odyssey

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It might have gotten better tho. I haven't really kept up with it but seeing that just killed all interest for me.

Just going to their Kickstarter. Everything looks fine, even up to the rough animations. But something gets lost super hard in the translation to the final product.
Idk maybe I'm expecting too much from them but still.

Oh I remember this, I didn't like it at all, although the concept has potential.

Pre-emptive Happy New Years, y'all. Stay safe, everyone.

Same here, happy new year to all, don't party too hard.

WHAT THE FUCK MAGO'S YANG LOST TO POONGKO'S 0BP THAWK

FailFish times infinity

Mago wasn't the one using Yang as they aren't allowed to use their mains.

Momochi uses Yang, Tokido uses Ken, and Mago uses Akuma.

Can't believe they're still going. :lol

edit: Seems they are using their mains now so you were right. That desperation. For the first few hours they weren't using their mains.

Sayah

I can't wait to see final Tekken 7.

The changes we're seeing just in the span of a few months have been phenomenal.

Made this for AAK but will post here too.

1st location test.
jnd9hHsTOe22O.jpg

2nd location test.
jgSvT3v5GB2yx.jpg

Hwoarang character model still needs work though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't wait to see final Tekken 7.

The changes we're seeing just in the span of a few months have been phenomenal.

Made this for AAK but will post here too.

1st location test.
jnd9hHsTOe22O.jpg

2nd location test.
jgSvT3v5GB2yx.jpg

Hwoarang character model still needs work though.
Uh, you mean they added another stage? Those two stages are lit in different ways, the first more from elevation/above and the second more from the front.

MrDaravon

I think I am actively getting worse in Smash, which is impressive. Granted this was in For Fun Team Smash, but I just played 30+ games online. I only broke even or went positive 4 times. Yesterday I thought I finally hit a point where I felt like I was beginning to know what I was doing in this game, but apparently not lol. I need to put some serious time into 1v1 tomorrow or something, I clearly have no goddamn idea what I'm doing in this game, I haven't been wrecked this bad in any fighting or online game ever. In most games when I'm getting wrecked early I at least usually understand why or am learning from it or getting better, but not here for some reason. Hoping that playing 1v1 no items will maybe give me better control over what I'm doing and let me get the hang of this better, because I'm getting pretty tired of getting completely destroyed for days at a time in this game :(

hitsugi

People said Kazunoko, Bonchan, and Fuudo gave up, but I'm not sure.

They were almost at 4300 PP over 5 hours ago.. this is rough. 4k PP would have been a fine goal with random select but I salute them either way for sticking it out this long

hitsugi

I would just start dodging people this close to victory... fuck it

edit - maybe poongko's actually just trying to help them

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are you blind, his face is upgraded and so is his vest for starters
Well, I assumed that was just a different costume, but the face is different for sure. Muscles are a bit more toned too.

This is what I get for posting from my phone.

Also Happy New Years y'all!

hitsugi

Heading out to hit up a few places and ring in the new year. Stay safe everyone, and GL to the topanga crew cause that isn't happening tonight.

Beats

After playing so much Smash 4, I feel like my approach to spacing my character in other fighting games has gotten better. Kinda difficult for me to describe how though..

anyway, Happy New Year FGW-Gaf. These are probably my favorite threads, so thanks for all the laughs and insightful posts. : ]

I seriously can't believe they're still playing.

they've been playing street fighter since I woke up and about to go to bed.

this is crazy

oh and happy new years and whatever

Marceles

I seriously can't believe they're still playing.

they've been playing street fighter since I woke up and about to go to bed.

this is crazy

oh and happy new years and whatever

I wish they played forever lol, not new years in the west coast yet but happy near year everyone

Top Bottom