• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 3-9 | Getting Put On Blast

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Stark is actually a flabby-legged alcoholic. The muscles are all part of the suit, like boob armor. What looks like muscle ripples are actually plastic bags filled with vodka and a sippy tube so he can drink while flying around.

god-damnit-o.gif

This is not commonly known, but that pose is actually him freaking out because his suit is leaking dangerous chemicals all over itself. He's trying to hold his hand away to keep too much of it from getting on his face.
Damn, did Tony become a chain smoker over night? You hate his guts more than usual lol.

Warpticon

PC is already becoming the reality for shmups (yes, even in Japan, via the doujin makers) and classic platformers. Why would fighting games be different?

Well, primarily because fighting games are two-players-one-station games, which most PC games aren't, so they have different concerns and hurdles to leap to be effective for offline play.

Sayah

I get selected for jury duty still. I just never show up.

You can go to jail for ignoring jury duty. Better to not risk that.

Plus, you can get paid for both jury duty and from your normal employment (edit: depending on the company/organization you work with). I don't know the specifics on the laws but yeah.

I had jury duty. Went, watched a video, sat there for two hours and the case got settled in that time. Went home free.

Rhapsody

Banned
Been called in for jury duty twice. First time I wasn't selected but it took two days for them to go through who to choose which was annoying.
2nd time I had a jury duty notice, it wasn't so bad. Just check on the website on the day before and they'll let you know if you have to come in or not.

But yeah, not showing up? I wouldn't do that. lol

Dahbomb

Damn, did Tony become a chain smoker over night? You hate his guts more than usual lol.
No Karst is just butt hurt that Tony drafted the Mutant registration and then won the Civil War because Marvel likes to play favorites.

Tony is always portrayed as a ripped dude with godlike sexual prowess and super human intelligence level.

ironman7_3.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You can go to jail for ignoring jury duty. Better to not risk that.

Plus, you can get paid for both jury duty and from your normal employment (edit: depending on the company/organization you work with). I don't know the specifics on the laws but yeah.

I had jury duty. Went, watched a video, sat there for two hours and the case got settled in that time. Went home free.
Well I wouldn't recommend people not going I'm just saying I don't go because well yeah.

No Karst is just butt hurt that Tony drafted the Mutant registration and then won the Civil War because Marvel likes to play favorites.

Tony is always portrayed as a ripped dude with godlike sexual prowess and super human intelligence level.
1) I hate everything about Stark.
2) Notice that loincloth covers his thighs.
3) It's probably a Skrull anyway.

ASW should hire Tony fucking Stark to fix Guilty Gear's shit netcode.
1) I hate everything about Stark.
2) Notice that loincloth covers his thighs.
3) It's probably a Skrull anyway.
This reminds me of the fucked up shit the skrulls did to retrieve info from Reed Richards for the invasion.

I bet it'd be your favorite comic had they used Tony instead.

Considering how great Persona 4 Arena's netcode is, playing Guilty online saddens me. I mean, Guilty is fun as hell, but that netcode... ouch.
My offline combos against CPUs for practice are about eight hits on average and those eleven hit orb combos aren't even that hard to pull off.

I think I haven't managed to hit more than a five hit combo online.

dead ass
No Country For Old IP's
Maybe if you aren't Capcom. They've done wonderful work with Iron Galaxy. Too bad they blew their load on hd restorations and Darkstalkers got punched in the face for it.

Maybe if you aren't Capcom. They've done wonderful work with Iron Galaxy. Too bad they blew their load on hd restorations and Darkstalkers got punched in the face for it.
Man I wish Darkstalkers had more success, I'm not finding as many people to play against
and get utterly thrashed by
as I have for Third Strike or even Marvel Origins. Granted I haven't played Origins online in quite some time, but then I found more people than Darkstalkers.

tl;dr, too many ports, too little time. Yet knowing how much I love brawlers I'll probably pick up D&D soon :/

Man I wish Darkstalkers had more success, I'm not finding as many people to play against
as I have for Third Strike or even Marvel Origins. Granted I haven't played Origins online in quite some time, but then I found more people than Darkstalkers.

tl;dr, too many ports, too little time. Yet knowing how much I love brawlers I'll probably pick up D&D soon :/
I'd play ya, but I'm about to begin an epic soul farming campaign so I can use the blueblood sword in Demon's Souls.

The series had always been the quintessential "OMG BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER!!!!.... with nobody playing in GGPO", so DSR it being a flop should have surprised no one. The fact that a DS4 was even being pushed in the first place over a SF5 is evidence enough that Ono has lost the plot.

alstein

Considering how great Persona 4 Arena's netcode is, playing Guilty online saddens me. I mean, Guilty is fun as hell, but that netcode... ouch.

Why would Arc netcode suddenly go to shit? Was the GG port outsourced to the same folks who did the KOFUM ports for XBLA?

Top Bottom