• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 25-31 | Marvel vs. Comcast

kasane

it's a lot worst on 360 since people feel that's the superior version a lot of players manly play on there.
i figured there should be more casual players on 360 than pc
still remember my first game in dota 1 back in 6.48ish. Went 0-12 as dragon knight and got shamed out of the game ;(.

lol i had friends to play with so i was eased in to the game

there was 10 of us who play dota in class so we had our own lobbies which was fun. We played money matches against each other and we almost destroyed our friendship lol.

anyways i have been grinding usf4 today playing ryu and im getting beat up :(

kirblar

So, I haven't been watching many FG tournaments recently, but I caught most of top 8 of USF4 Stunfest this weekend and loved seeing it again.

Any particular standout matches I should go back and check out in, say, the last six to nine months-ish? Doesn't matter what game; I'll check it out if it's fantastic.
Everything w/ Arturo (TS Sabin) from Combo Breaker and Final Round in USF4.

ArynGpT.png

Anybody want to check to see if this actually works?

fader

i figured there should be more casual players on 360 than pc

hmmm I guess by ratio that may be true. 360 does have a ton more players even higher ranked ones.

All I know is playing SF4 online is like the most frustrating thing ever. I don't even get this irritated playing League. And you have a team yelling at you in that game.

Azure J

edit:evo finals for blazeblue was literally an anime arc

BlazBlue was WILD hype last year. I seriously knew next to zero about that game minus one or two cast members I liked mechanically, but everything that happened on that top 8 stage should be in best of fighting games compilations for eternity.

BlazBlue was WILD hype last year. I seriously knew next to zero about that game minus one or two cast members I liked mechanically, but everything that happened on that top 8 stage should be in best of fighting games compilations for eternity.

lmao, nice touch with the grenade in your avatar

Kimosabae

Banned

pfft

Your covered for SF5 at least. Unless you bought your PS4 with Xrd before they announced the new version

Spooky should have run this with PS4 version just to see if anything would happen

Nah, bought it in Nov. to play the best version of Xrd, but still haven't had a chance to do that due to the stick situation. I saw SFV and SF4 as consolation prizes.

I just feel burned. Bought my PS4 with a credit card too. That was even more dumb.

Meh.

the SF player? played him a few times at GU back in like 2011 when I used to play SFIV. nice guy.

Ya

Rainy

Banned
UPDATE:

Please note that these statements are from Capcom.

For those experiencing issues and wondering about a patch, we are aware that you are experiencing problems with the PS4 version of USFIV, which was published and developed by SCEA’s Third Party Production group. SCEA and Capcom are currently looking into the issues that some users may be experiencing and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible. We will continue to provide updates on our progress.

A lot of our more competitive players have wondered how the USFIV version of PS4 will affect them and the tour. To that we'd like to advise that the integrity of the Capcom Pro Tour is a top priority for us and we will continue to work with tournament organizers worldwide to ensure that the highest quality event will be run. Each region will maintain its current hardware standard for the remainder of the 2015 Capcom Pro Tour until otherwise announced. We will keep you updated as to when the PS4 version of USFIV will be integrated into the Pro Tour.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Stay tuned for future information.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/05/27/usfiv-on-ps4-out-today-update

Not sure if someone already posted it. So looks like things will stay with the 360 version for the time being.

Mumei

Thanks for all the links and suggestions. You guys are fantastic. I'll have plenty to go through while stuck at the neighbor's house this weekend. <3

fader

Great! Looks like Capcom is pissed as well

I'm sure they are. They were probably pushed by Sony to do the port, pushed to have the ps4 version be the tournament standard by Sony, all to sell PS4's. The fact that the port is shit just makes Capcom look bad. I mean look at the USF4 thread, it's filled with people with pitchforks pointed at Capcom.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yams we gotta play on PC sometime. everytime im on, your off.

also, people really love Bridget.

I think I added you didn't I? I don't know your steam username since Onemic changes his repeatedly and so do others lol

So EVO is saved.

I now expect that no patch will come out for a while lol.

If Sony outsourced to a company with a horrible track record, I doubt they really care about the game. Hell, a patch may never come out that fully resolves the input lag.

Kreymore is such a beast. I honestly thought Art wouldn't win that.

Pretty frustrated that Kreymore let the pressure get to him at the end. He could've waited for a solid anti-air.

So I decided to get back into Skullgirls now that I have more free time, and why did nobody tell me Robo Fortune is a shitload of fun. Now I gotta figure out how to actually use her competently and some good assists, and I'll be good to go!

Boke1879

I'm sure they are. They were probably pushed by Sony to do the port, pushed to have the ps4 version be the tournament standard by Sony, all to sell PS4's. The fact that the port is shit just makes Capcom look bad. I mean look at the USF4 thread, it's filled with people with pitchforks pointed at Capcom.

With it being a Capcom IP they aren't absolved of this. They are still getting some of that money you paid to buy the game. You can't blame Sony or Capcom for the deal. Both are getting something out of it Capcom no doubt got money for this whole deal. Isn't Sony helping with the pot bonus as well.

Just got a shit dev to port the game. This is a quick fix that will make the competitive scene happy. Now they need to hurry and get a patch out.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
With it being a Capcom IP they aren't absolved of this. They are still getting some of that money you paid to buy the game. You can't blame Sony or Capcom for the deal. Both are getting something out of it Capcom no doubt got money for this whole deal. Isn't Sony helping with the pot bonus as well.

Just got a shit dev to port the game. This is a quick fix that will make the competitive scene happy. Now they need to hurry and get a patch out.

Its disappointing that they didn't capitalize on this. I was going to buy a PS4 and a fight stick just for SFIV so I could have it ready for SFV, without having seen the game out in the wild. Huge fuck up and Capcom and Sony are trying to not step on any land mines,
which I hope they do, especially Gio Corsi.

fader

not saying their innocent, just admitting to knowing where my priorities are instead of blindly raging which is a common trait of many internet gamers.

This isn't gonna be patched out. The issue's that are surrounding this port it would be impossible to pinpoint them since they are springing up by the minute. I'll even bet that this will not be fixed by the time SF5 comes.

Azure J

I see

add the Nohr symbol in there too while you're at it ;)

That'll be the next theme. ;)

On a more serious note, yeah I hope Anne is ok.

Heard this, lots of talk here to make me push X23 up half a tier on my list.

Magneto / X23 (Crescent Scythe) / Dante - The dream?

Whoa, wasn't this setup being talked about as being disgusting waaaaaay back in the day? I definitely remember GB contemplating it once or twice. If it starts becoming a part of the meta it'd definitely be another one of those long investments paying off. :lol

Dahbomb

Whoa, wasn't this setup being talked about as being disgusting waaaaaay back in the day? I definitely remember GB contemplating it once or twice. If it starts becoming a part of the meta it'd definitely be another one of those long investments paying off. :lol
That's what he's talking about basically.

I remember back in the day this team used to come up in discussions but the order of the team was always kinda debated. Like how can you put X23 in 2nd place when she doesn't have a safe DHC? And if you put her on point then you are basically play it like a Zero team where she is your win condition and if she dies the rest of the team is weaker (sort of like Firebrand)... an in that situation, why not just play X23/Firebrand instead?

The answer is that you play X23 2nd with Crescent Scythe assist that is used for Alpha counter. You basically get in X23 safely through alpha counter for one bar as opposed to DHCing her. So basically just have Magneto block something and put her in. Then you have a character with two great assists.

Both Magneto and Dante can TAC infinite for her at low damage to build 5 bars... that's what holds it all together.

Rest of the discussion was on Thor and how he's better than what most people think or what has been shown so far about him especially in the current meta especially with Strange who is Thor's BFF.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Heard this, lots of talk here to make me push X23 up half a tier on my list.

Magneto / X23 (Crescent Scythe) / Dante - The 300% dream?

one of my friends probably helped out with that and he wont stop talking about this damn team. apparently its the best x23 shell, even though she's second. x23 has a lot of nasty stuff that people dont explore all too often. with the right team, she is scary as fuck, even though shes rarely seen, half of the people i play marvel with play x23, made me pick her up and shes good in my book. another shell that people havent explored is x23 and sentinel. its possibly the most stroke inducing set ups ive ever faced in my life.

edit:

her alpha counter is annoying lol, i love that the marvel meta is still ongoing

Top Bottom