• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

I am confident in Marvel
versus DC Universe by Netherream
eventually coming this upcoming gen.

o god, they would fuck that up so hard. I can already imagine them making the marvel characters play like some of the injustice characters

wade wilson = deathstroke
wolverine = catwoman
nova = black adam
thor = shazaam

HPKUJGL.png

I forgot what regular jago looks like.

Shows how much I've been following this game.

Wait so... they put out a viral video for something SF related on PS4, then Ono says he's going to announce something, which we think could possibly be:
-a new SF game (the least likely, I think barely anyone actually expected this)
-an USF4 port on PS4
-the 5th new character
-the new gameplay mechanic

And the announcement he's teasing is location test dates?

Come on, that isn't it. You don't put Ryu in the trailer for the PS4 launch for location dates. We'll get something in a couple of hours.

o god, they would fuck that up so hard. I can already imagine them making the marvel characters play like some of the injustice characters

wade wilson = deathstroke
wolverine = catwoman
nova = black adam
thor = shazaam
Thor should play like Hawkgirl but instead of a mace it's a hammer

Him having a teleport and Psycho Crusher would be strange

Is there a more forced meme on GAF than the Antonio Banderas one

because that has been run straight through the ground and into the Earth's core itself

Azure J

Wait so... they put out a viral video for something SF related on PS4, then Ono says he's going to announce something, which we think could possibly be:
-an USF4 port on PS4
-the 5th new character

And the announcement he's teasing is location test dates? Why not just say "next week we're going to announce the location test dates." They're at a point where if they were gonna take you out to dinner, they'd hype the fuck out of the possibility of eggs being one of the ingredients. Where are we going? Can't tell you that just yet, but I do have a surprise for you coming up later
there will be a beverage! But I can't tell you which one
. I really just wanna know if we're gonna fuck Ono. Stop dick teasing every part of the meal, lets go to mcdonalds and then fuck in the disabled toilets.

I pick the BEST times to check this thread, holy fuck. :lol

That ending though... Hit a little too close to home.

Silky

Banned
And the announcement he's teasing is location test dates? Why not just say "next week we're going to announce the location test dates." They're at a point where if they were gonna take you out to dinner, they'd hype the fuck out of the possibility of eggs being one of the ingredients. Where are we going? Can't tell you that just yet, but I do have a surprise for you coming up later
. I really just wanna know if we're gonna fuck Ono. Stop dick teasing every part of the meal, lets go to mcdonalds and then fuck in the disabled toilets.

screen-shot-2012-01-27-at-4.52.55-pm.png

because that has been run straight through the ground and into the Earth's core itself

kappa

kappa

onionfrog

-an USF4 port on PS4
-the 5th new character

GOD DAMN!

Dahbomb

Pretty much every meme that is half decent gets run to the ground.

The problem with the Banderas meme is that he has now become the mascot for the Sony fanboys and is now a part of the console war on GAF. It's just a reaction gif man, it's like if the Xbox fanboys suddenly started whoring out the Jack Nicholson.gif with Xbox One stuff.

-an USF4 port on PS4
-the 5th new character

And the announcement he's teasing is location test dates? Why not just say "next week we're going to announce the location test dates." They're at a point where if they were gonna take you out to dinner, they'd hype the fuck out of the possibility of eggs being one of the ingredients. Where are we going? Can't tell you that just yet, but I do have a surprise for you coming up later there will be a beverage! But I can't tell you which one. I really just wanna know if we're gonna fuck Ono. Stop dick teasing every part of the meal, lets go to mcdonalds and then fuck in the disabled toilets.
You got trolled son.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Apparently, I'm missing out by keeping myself holed up in here.
Yessss.

I think the JBaird thing was my favourite GAF thing ever. The dude leaking MKvsDC and nobody believing him until 3 years later was pretty amazing too.

-an USF4 port on PS4
-the 5th new character

itHwwFPMWvCAm.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF is still up?

Whoa
Still 3.5 hours left.

It would be awesome if we could break the concurrent user count twice in one week though, after yesterday's display of ineptitude when it comes to troubleshooting new consoles.

Even right now there are 5-6x more people on GAF than usual. Next gen is finally here.

kirblar

I highly doubt it, as the Hadouken Cab thing is entirely based in Sony's marketing. We may find something out tonight during the PlayStation 4 event but, other than that, no one has a clue.
The loketests are clearly not related to the Sony/PS4/USF4 thing that's likely coming. (When is that event anyway, tonight?)

Horseress

I still think it would be pretty stupid for Capcom to make such a big deal of a port of a 5 years old game to a next gen console. But hey, it's Capcpom

guys...before the inevitable happens. i just want to say....

anime games will continue to be dead until toonami returns.

Anime died when you guys started making those full body pillows prints. Sure it was funny, but then you guys took it serious. Like serious serious.

Anime stinks. And this is from a Persona 4 fan.

pixelish

is the ps4 advert featuring ryu an indicator of ultra's going to be on ps4 as well? if it does happen, what does that mean to the tournament scene? let's say capcom solve the input lag issue which many top players have complained about in the past for ultra on ps4, will the organisers switch from xbox to ps4?

is the ps4 advert featuring ryu an indicator of ultra's going to be on ps4 as well? if it does happen, what does that mean to the tournament scene? let's say capcom improve the netcode for ultra on ps4, will the organisers switch from xbox to ps4?

It would be strange to have Ryu in a launch video when there is no SF right? But then that video also has games like The Last Of Us so it might just be celebrating characters rather than an indicator of something coming right now (unlikely with the other viral videos but we'll just have to wait and see).

Netcode is irrelevant for tournaments and they could already switch to PC if image quality was a factor. So no, I don't think it changes anything right now. Down the track when the MS hats wear off it could of course be very useful.

pixelish

It would be strange to have Ryu in a launch video when there is no SF right? But then that video also has games like The Last Of Us so it might just be celebrating characters rather than an indicator of something coming right now (unlikely with the other viral videos but we'll just have to wait and see).

Netcode is irrelevant for tournaments and they could already switch to PC if image quality was a factor. So no, I don't think it changes anything right now. Down the track when the MS hats wear off it could of course be very useful.
oops, i mean input lag instead of netcode.

sleepykyo

is the ps4 advert featuring ryu an indicator of ultra's going to be on ps4 as well? if it does happen, what does that mean to the tournament scene? let's say capcom solve the input lag issue which many top players have complained about in the past for ultra on ps4, will the organisers switch from xbox to ps4?

Probably not. Once those XB1s get donated, Evo is staying XB1 for the generation.

Top Bottom