• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Nov 11-17 | EVO Champions Not Guaranteed

I like this change. I've said it numerous times before, but the current version of SSF4 AE2012 is great. Let players continue to enjoy it and make USF4 the crazy broken version of SF4.

Yeah fair point I suppose. Hopefully Ultra comes with a mode selector then people can just go nuts breaking it (or not...maybe)

You have poor reading comprehension don't you? You really must.

You equated the decision to go next gen or not now based on what's currently available to choosing a winning team or wanting to be right. What was brought up was the descion to upgrade or not should not be drama.

I'm not talking petty message board system war talk from people who feel a need to defend their purchase for some reason and choosing a console is like choosing the mets or the Yankees.

And sweet, I hope that delayed wake up in AE is true.

You equated the decision to go next gen or not now based on what's currently available to choosing a winning team or wanting to be right. What was brought up was the descion to upgrade or not should not be drama.

I'm not talking petty message board system war talk from people who feel a need to defend their purchase for some reason and choosing a console is like choosing the mets or the Yankees.

And sweet, I hope that delayed wake up in AE is true.

You are continuing to prove my point. Thank you.

Zangief gets to combo into U1 off a normal. o_o

This sounds super fun.

EDIT: Hey, isn't this Ken's Alpha costume? :)

kenalphacostume2ofje.jpg

Loona

Wonder if that's Terry or an older Rock? The new KOF is rumored to be a dream match after all. Having Terry, Rock and Geese in one game would be pretty boss.

It's not rock, Rock has red eyes, while Terry's are blue, like in that 3D model.

Seem growing older and seenig the kid he helped raised turn away from him at the end of Garou were more than his usual happy-go-lucky demeanor could handle.

And Mary looks good (if that's her).

Not Mary, that's Alice Nakata, who so far has only made appearances in pachinko and cellphone games.

USD

3rd TOPANGA LEAGUE (A) ROUND 7

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152344398 - Free period over.

Kazunoko (Yun) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
2-7 ☆●●●●○●●●
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Uryo (C.Viper)
7-2 ☆○○○○●●○○
Kazunoko (Yun) vs. Dashio (Seth)
7-2 ☆●○○○●○○○
Uryo (Sakura) vs. sako (Ibuki)
7-5 ☆○○●●●○○○●●○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
7-1 ☆○○○●○○○

Horseress

You can combo using red focus into a crumple state.

Ex. Ryu st. hp -> cancel red focus level 1 (crumple) -> ultra = combo

Sounds good...Wait what?

Unless canceling red focus costs less bars than the regular focus, that will cost 4 bars, so....it's not that good

Dahbomb: I hear yah, man. Overall, both these systems just seem disappointing and unless something crazy comes out in the future - I can see myself skipping this gen all together. Usually there's at least one game at launch that shows the promise of the new gen - even if it's something you couldn't personally care less about playing.

Fuck it. 'Gettin a WiiU even though I don't give two fucks about the new Smash.

Get at me.

I'm eventually getting a WiiU for dat Kamiya

on the fighting game tip what is there, only TTT2?

lol

Zangief gets to combo into U1 off a normal. o_o

This sounds super fun.

EDIT: Hey, isn't this Ken's Alpha costume? :)

kenalphacostume2ofje.jpg

Not that's his arm, not his ponytail

.la1n

I know I'm a little late on the USF IV talk but for delayed wake up to be effective they better leave it with no visual difference between it and normal wake up. I really hope Capcom is going completely nuts with this, AE is great but I want some off the wall broken with this iteration.

I know I'm a little late on the USF IV talk but for delayed wake up to be effective they better leave it with no visual difference between it and normal wake up. I really hope Capcom is going completely nuts with this, AE is great but I want some off the wall broken with this iteration.

As long as it isn't just Rolento we should be good for that by the looks.

Horseress

3rd TOPANGA LEAGUE (A) ROUND 7

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152344398 - Free period over.

Kazunoko (Yun) vs. Fuudo (Fei Long)
2-7 ☆●●●●○●●●
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Uryo (C.Viper)
7-2 ☆○○○○●●○○
Kazunoko (Yun) vs. Dashio (Seth)
7-2 ☆●○○○●○○○
Uryo (Sakura) vs. sako (Ibuki)
7-5 ☆○○●●●○○○●●○
Bonchan vs. Fuudo

Wait, the first game counts?! I thought it was just a button check!

BadWolf

It's not rock, Rock has red eyes, while Terry's are blue, like in that 3D model.

Seem growing older and seenig the kid he helped raised turn away from him at the end of Garou were more than his usual happy-go-lucky demeanor could handle.

Not Mary, that's Alice Nakata, who so far has only made appearances in pachinko and cellphone games.

Lol, not my day. Thanks for the corrections.

Terry's new hairstyle is definitely the same as Rock's though.

USD

Wait, the first game counts?! I thought it was just a button check!

The first game is the advantage one player has for having a higher rank in the previous stage. So Kazunoko starts with a one-game advantage on everyone, Bonchan everyone but Kazunoko, etc. That's what the star represents. Probably should have explained that before, sorry.

And yes, a button check is just a button check.

Horseress

The first game is the advantage one player has for having a higher rank in the previous stage. So Kazunoko starts with a one-game advantage on everyone, Bonchan everyone but Kazunoko, etc. That's what the star represents. Probably should have explained that before, sorry.

And yes, a button check is just a button check.

oooooooooh, ok then, thanks
Well, I'm so glad I bought the points to watch this, amazing matches, based Bonchan <3

Horseress

Lol, won't that break the wakeup tech + focus backdash OS? As for everything else, we anime now.

Man, can someone translate this interview? At least the parts where they talk about the new mechanics. Btw this link doesn't work anymore, this one does

.la1n said:
I know I'm a little late on the USF IV talk but for delayed wake up to be effective they better leave it with no visual difference between it and normal wake up. I really hope Capcom is going completely nuts with this, AE is great but I want some off the wall broken with this iteration

Yes, 100% this. But I hope they stop it here, too much is too much
Also, the location tests starts on the next Friday in Japan, and Combofiend said they would have some change lists on the locations, so we'll have tons of news next week

Played SCV after I stopped playing it for TTT2...

I just find the game disgusting now after I actually though it was good post-patch and all.

Now I just make a "eww face" when I look at the nerfed movement and guard break(crush whatever it is) and the unnecessary stuff put into the game. I think Pre-Patch the game would've been a lot better off or at least a patch that didn't nerf movement(I am including the step guard glitch in that as well)

Horseress

It's the same link. Famitsu doesn't allow hotlinking.

huh... ok then :lol

still, I hope someone translates this, if they gave this red focus cancel crumple into ultra example, then they maybe said how much it will cost.
If it really costs four bars then it will be almost useless, it's way too much for not that much damage

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I like this change. I've said it numerous times before, but the current version of SSF4 AE2012 is great. Let players continue to enjoy it and make USF4 the crazy broken version of SF4.

Yeah this shit is gonna be broken, but balance is overrated so let it be. I'm not too worried since they can easily patch the obviously broken stuff nowadays. Though I'm not sure how I feel about delayed wakeup and it's kind of assy if this is the unblockable "fix."

I wonder if people are gonna start exploring standing resets more because of delayed wakeup? More hit advantage on hayate so Makoto can be top 3 pls.

I also think you're right and there are going to be a decent amount of people who won't like USF4 who will stick with AE. All this stuff is gonna change the game a lot which is gonna turn some people off for sure.

Shouta

Interesting. At the current stage, 2 Ultras reduces their damage to 60% of 1 Ultra. They plan on adjusting it as they go though. Oh god Poison is getting an Ultra that's going to be from Revenge or something that is reminiscent of it, lol.

Kimosabae

Banned
Yeah, if Capcom is not as concerned with balancing the cast with these new mechanics, I have to wonder what their business strategy is, here. They must be hoping Red Focus is a new mechanic they can market that could potentially help expand the admittedly limited appeal of this update.

Hate the idea of delayed wakeup. AE has too many prevalent defensive mechanics as is, imo, despite the popularity of vortex strategies. Players have to relearn offensive flow all over again and that was pain for the SF4 series, generally.

Shito

Oh god Poison is getting an Ultra that's going to be from Revenge or something that is reminiscent of it, lol.
I'm so aching for more Poison news.
Can't wait for the first loketest videos of her; I hope they didn't change her too much from how she plays in SFxT...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah, if Capcom is not as concerned with balancing the cast with these new mechanics, I have to wonder what their business strategy is, here. They must be hoping Red Focus is a new mechanic they can market that could potentially help expand the admittedly limited appeal of this update.

Hate the idea of delayed wakeup. AE has too many prevalent defensive mechanics as is, imo, despite the popularity of vortex strategies. Players have to relearn offensive flow all over again and that was pain for the SF4 series, generally.

The strategy seems pretty obvious to me. SF5 is still a ways off and SF4 is nearly 6 years old and stale.

Plus they've already sold new versions of SF4 with new characters/balance twice. To get people to rebuy it a 3rd time you need something more than that.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Played SCV after I stopped playing it for TTT2...

I just find the game disgusting now after I actually though it was good post-patch and all.

Now I just make a "eww face" when I look at the nerfed movement and guard break(crush whatever it is) and the unnecessary stuff put into the game. I think Pre-Patch the game would've been a lot better off or at least a patch that didn't nerf movement(I am including the step guard glitch in that as well)

Ugh. Yes. Nothing like a version of the game where strings are irrelevant due to safe backdash jank.

Also, NEC Hype is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2ChpmcMi4

Ugh. Yes. Nothing like a version offo the game where strings are irrelevant due to safe backdash jank.

Hey if Guard Crush wasn't in the game I wouldn't mind as much but since its there and there is not better consistent defensive option other than blocking. I'd rather have better movement in Guard Crush is there. Besides strings aren't that useful generally anyways.

Malice215

Hey if Guard Crush wasn't in the game I wouldn't mind as much but since its there and there is not better consistent defensive option other than blocking. I'd rather have better movement in Guard Crush is there. Besides strings aren't that useful generally anyways.

SCV gives you two powerful defensive options to use in just guard and guard impact. Pick one to use and you won't get your guard broken.

Top Bottom