• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT2| NSFWallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wow. 1/2 scale Sonico

https://twitter.com/IoryHamon/status/469802045466103808

BoUSeI6CYAEhPcM.jpg

chrono01

Ugh, I was looking forward to Amakuni's Muramasa, but they lightened her skin way too much. I still love the sculpt/pose, but that skin color. :/

I have Max Factory's version of Muramasa [http://myfigurecollection.net/item/78614], but I'll probably pre-order Amakuni's anyway. Or maybe I'll opt for Wing's version, at least they got the skin color right.

It's a shame. This would have looked nice standing alongside Alleyne.

chrono01

well... thats about the same as madoka right at retail? 15k + 5k shipping
Ultimate Madoka was only around 12,000 yen, and apparently, you still have to pay shipping through Rightstuf for Devil Homura. At least, they were attempting to charge me it when I was going through the checkout [I just wanted to see if they would].

I mean, I understand that she's an exclusive, and as such demands a higher price, but that's a lot more than even I was expecting.

Edit - I think the extra cost might have to do with me living in Canada.

Ultimate Madoka was only around 12,000 yen, and apparently, you still have to pay shipping through Rightstuf for Devil Homura. At least, they were attempting to charge me it when I was going through the checkout [I just wanted to see if they would].

I mean, I understand that she's an exclusive, and as such demands a higher price, but that's a lot more than even I was expecting.

Edit - I think the extra cost might have to do with me living in Canada.

probably canada, call/email and ask

My bro! I assume you have all the Odin Sphere Alter figures right?

I don't have the Odin Sphere ones. They came out before I really got into figure collecting. I may pick up a few down the line. Looking forward to getting the Dragon's Crown crew and maybe Queen Muse if she turns out well. And I'm really hoping for a Yuzuruha figure. OMG why haven't they made her yet!?

kewlmyc

I don't have the Odin Sphere ones. They came out before I really got into figure collecting. I may pick up a few down the line. Looking forward to getting the Dragon's Crown crew and maybe Queen Muse if she turns out well. And I'm really hoping for a Yuzuruha figure. OMG why haven't they made her yet!?

Wasn't sure who Queen Muse was so I looked her up. Dammit, now I'll probably get her.

I have Yamato's Velvet and Alter's Odin Sphere and Muramasa collections. I plan on getting MH's Elf and Amazon and get Orchid Seed's Sorceress.

And yeath, the fact that Yuzuruha hasn't been made yet when there's a pretty damn good GK of it is depressing. Having a Kisuke would be cool too or the cat chick from the DLC.

arhra

I guess AmiAmi no longer bothers linking used items to searching, kind of annoying really. I used to just search something like "K-On" to find any new used stuff but it never shows up like that now. Have to look through all the listings for them.

I'm glad it's not just me who experiences this. Their search function is really inflexible, I daresay the hassle to find something in the past has resulted in me taking my business elsewhere on more than one occasion.

The stupid thing is, the search functionality is actually pretty damn good. They just have basically no interface to it.

For example, you can get all pre-owned K-On stuff easily if you know how the URL scheme works: http://www.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_originaltitle=K-On!&s_condition_flg=1

Devil Homura is available now at Rightstuf [no deposit required] for...wait for it...

$200

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=aoa4916m

I would love to purchase her to compliment my Ultimate Madoka but, at that price? No thanks!

12334261256491.png

I don't know how I missed this, but holy shit. PASS.

And yeath, the fact that Yuzuruha hasn't been made yet when there's a pretty damn good GK of it is depressing. Having a Kisuke would be cool too or the cat chick from the DLC.

The Yuzuruha GK is gorgeous. I would have thought it would be a no-brainer to turn that into a pvc. But we're all familiar with the pace Alter works at.

kewlmyc

Devil Homura is available now at Rightstuf [no deposit required] for...wait for it...

$200

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=aoa4916m

I would love to purchase her to compliment my Ultimate Madoka but, at that price? No thanks!

....hehehe, yeah. What kind of idiot would buy that.... eheheheh..... ugh.

How much should I be looking to sell the Rachel nendo from the BBCP limited edition for?

Probably nothing considering the LE is still available on Amazon.

F YOU GUYS! 200 BUCKS EASY. XMAS!..

thinking about it. 150 +50 shipping seems more fair. Belldandy and macross max factory are around the same ballpark

F YOU GUYS! 200 BUCKS EASY. XMAS!..

thinking about it. 150 +50 shipping seems more fair. Belldandy and macross max factory are around the same ballpark

I think your figure purchase justificationometer is busted. I mean, I didn't even like Rebellion that much, it was too fucking weird.

Lemstar

Probably nothing considering the LE is still available on Amazon.
That's kind of disappointing to hear. I sold one for $42 after eBay fees + shipping a couple of weeks back, but I was thinking about dropping the price a bit to sell the rest of them a little more quickly.

kewlmyc

I think your figure purchase justificationometer is busted. I mean, I didn't even like Rebellion that much, it was too fucking weird.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Rebellion, but it's about filling out the collection at this point.

That's kind of disappointing to hear. I sold one for $42 after eBay fees + shipping a couple of weeks back, but I was thinking about dropping the price a bit to sell the rest of them a little more quickly.

You might get lucky on eBay or selling it myfigurecollection.org

I'm still not sure how I feel about Rebellion, but it's about filling out the collection at this point.

I wouldn't buy figures just because "you need them all". Buy the ones you really like. But fuck paying $200 for that Homura, and fuck Aniplex too.

As for Rebellion, my issue with it is that
it would have been okay as a standalone movie [albeit still a bit weird], but the fact that is that it shits all over everything that happened previously just so every character can make an appearance. It's pandering, plain and simple. It would have been awesome if it was based off the end scene from the TV series, with badass Homura wandering the wasteland. Instead, it was just a weird pile of WTF.

kewlmyc

I wouldn't buy figures just because "you need them all". Buy the ones you really like. But fuck paying $200 for that Homura, and fuck Aniplex too.

As for Rebellion, my issue with it is that
it would have been okay as a standalone movie [albeit still a bit weird], but the fact that is that it shits all over everything that happened previously just so every character can make an appearance. It's pandering, plain and simple. It would have been awesome if it was based off the end scene from the TV series, with badass Homura wandering the wasteland. Instead, it was just a weird pile of WTF.

Oh don't get me wrong, Akuma Homura's design is great and and will look great next to Ulitmate Madoka. That's my main reason. Collection filling is my second reason I admit. I'll be stopping though after this because I could care less about buying a figure for that pointless loli character they introduced in the movie.

I'll be stopping though after this because I could care less about buying a figure for that pointless loli character they introduced in the movie.

I cannot describe to you how much I hate that character. I saw GSC start making things based on her before I even saw the movie, so I was misled into thinking he/she/it was actually someone substantial.

EYEL1NER

I responded. Sounds legit to me.
Sorry, the new thread went up and I didn't expect anyone to have posted in that one.
I won't be getting it in anyway. I didn't mention the price before, but I had been watching that Phat Bayonetta in my cart for a while and it kept jumping around to low $100s and then to the $14X.XX range and then a bit higher and then back to the $140s. When I checked it yesterday, it was 40-something dollars. The first thought in my head was "They made a mistake updating the price, GO GO GO!' I bought it and then saw the low amount of reviews afterwards.

I got into work this morning and the seller had sent me a message apologizing but they had to cancel it because it was a price error. I'm not too upset, since I assumed it was an error at the beginning and was looking to take advantage of it.
I still wish I could have gotten it for $47 or whatever it was though. That would have been a nice score.

meijiko

That Homura gets a big fat pass from me. I'm already set to spend $200 on one figure in December; I don't need another one. I also have no place to put her. Figures are already spilling out of our designated toy room and into the rest of the apartment due to lack of space.

omlet

I liked the movie... :(

Don't feel bad. I share the sentiment that the show ends in a way that doesn't need continuation and that Rebellion Story didn't need to exist, but since it does, might as well accept and enjoy that it's a pretty good execution of continuing down the logical path of Homura's obsession that is what essentially drives the entire story from episode 1 of the TV series.

Also LOL at that AoT figure.

Get ready to refresh those browsers in a couple of hours for the Pokémon trainer Nendoroid ;D

I'm sure I'll be fine if I'm unable to get it but I do want it XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom