• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

adz2ka

First reroll of the day and I got Rosellia (only 3-star, but that's no big dela). She definitely seems to be my best pull yet. Said I'd be satisfied with anything in the "Noteworthy" tier, so I think I'll go ahead and actually start playing the game.

I have her 5* and she's so ridiculously imbalanced, the game is a breeze

Virdix

So does the game permanently link with your Google play account? I uninstalled and redownloaded and the game started right ahere i left off.

I just assumed it was FB like a dummy D:

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So does the game permanently link with your Google play account? I uninstalled and redownloaded and the game started right ahere i left off.

I just assumed it was FB like a dummy D:

No, it probably just automatically logged you into the facebook account you associated with. Log out of facebook and you should be fresh again.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Whoa! Just ran into a cactaur in Fulon Pass exploration.
The thing dropped a star quartz.

JCj2MEV.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I am jealous of your team!

Jarekx

Updated and FPS went to crap running on Andy in exploration mode. Tried to get it running on bluestacks but it keeps crashing before logging in.

Guess I'll just have to avoid exploration for a while.

ZangBa

So I noticed that if you target an enemy and then untarget them, auto battle will prioritize that enemy without wasting any more attacks than it needs to to kill it. If you just target it, the whole party will attack even if it died awhile ago. Pretty useful for killing enemies in the daily without wasting turns.

Rixa

So I noticed that if you target an enemy and then untarget them, auto battle will prioritize that enemy without wasting any more attacks than it needs to to kill it. If you just target it, the whole party will attack even if it died awhile ago. Pretty useful for killing enemies in the daily without wasting turns.

Yeah, I do that on Vortex. Outside of Vortex I use tapping so that my Vaan can try to steal every enemy atleast once.

Colosseum stealing is pretty awesome.
I'm just defending until I've stolen everything.

Getting some mats i haven't seen in Vortex ADV.
what move has paralyze on him? he didnt seem to have any for me
Blade Bash. I think you need to awaken him first to 2*.

Chille

Colosseum stealing is pretty awesome.
I'm just defending until I've stolen everything.

Getting some mats i haven't seen in Vortex ADV.

Blade Bash. I think you need to awaken him first to 2*.

ooo thank you :D <333333

blade bash

80% ST Physical Attack & 30% Paralyze

how are you allowed in the gunsmith shop? Is there some quest i need to do first?

Got to do the Zu quest, then hand in 5 hides and then you will have access to the shop.

Skulldead

blade bash

80% ST Physical Attack & 30% Paralyze

how are you allowed in the gunsmith shop? Is there some quest i need to do first?

The quest give by the guy next to him, a 2 step quest.. you only get a Gun to buy, which is only 2 more atk then a short bow... not that great...

The quest give by the guy next to him, a 2 step quest.. you only get a Gun to buy, which is only 2 more atk then a short bow... not that great...

It should be noted that a lot of equipment comes packed with properties that arent explicitly stated

I dont know how deep the mechanics go though

Traditionally in FF games guns would ignore defense

Pejo

Is there any truth to the "if you get any new guns, show them to me!" guy? Or is it just flavor text? I have a Capella I got from an Earth Key, and I tried talking to him with it equipped and not equipped, and it doesn't trigger anything.

Skulldead

It should be noted that a lot of equipment comes packed with properties that arent explicitly stated

It's possible, i know Sabin got that kind of skill, so Gun probably have these stat to, if this is the case, then it's freaking good... if not...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Finally downed that white dragon.
Now I can branch Cyan and level up Kain!

It would take a monster team to beat that thing without poison and paralyze.

It's possible, i know Sabin got that kind of skill, so Gun probably have these stat to, if this is the case, then it's freaking good... if not...

Or like how a Leather Shield gets a 20% reduction in Lightning damage

I hope they do these layers with all equipment so everything feels unique and useful in some small way

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Did you have a healer? I cant beat him without it.

My healers are at 1*.
I just used Cyan to blade bash (paralyze) and Vivi to bio.

Reset probably over 100 times until RNG loved me and activated paralyze and poison on almost every opportunity.

If the dragon got an earthquake or that snow spell off then it was over. Best to keep him paralyzed.

My healers are at 1*.

Reset probably over 100 times until RNG loved me and activated paralyze and poison on almost every opportunity.

If the dragon got an earthquake or that snow spell off then it was over. Best to keep him paralyzed.

What level and defense stats did you have?

I wouldnt mind trying it if I could at least take one hit

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What level and defense stats did you have?

I wouldnt mind trying it if I could at least take one hit

My team was:
lvl 34 Exdeath 4* - With lvl 10 Ifrit
lvl 30 Garland 3*
lvl 34 Vivi 3*
lvl 31 Lasswell 3* - With lvl 10 Siren
lvl 20 Cyan 3*

All in the best gear available from the castle town.
I couldn't really survive through hits and just prayed to the RNG gods that I could keep a stun and poison up.

The dragon has a weaker attack that he got off but it hit my exdeath, garland, and Lasswell which was pretty inconsequential to the battle.

Visceir

All bows and projectile weapons have Bird Killer/Slayer -- deals 50% more damage to bird type monsters.

My team was:
lvl 34 Exdeath 4* - With lvl 10 Ifrit
lvl 30 Garland 3*
lvl 34 Vivi 3*
lvl 31 Lasswell 3* - With lvl 10 Siren
lvl 20 Cyan 3*
and a friends 5* Exdeath

All in the best gear available from the castle town.

I couldn't really survive through hits and just prayed to the RNG gods that I could keep a stun and poison up.

The dragon has a weaker attack that he got off but it hit my exdeath, garland, and Lasswell which was pretty inconsequential to the battle.

I wonder if I could stack defense on my Rizer and use provoke and Protect

See if he can tank a hit or two so I would have breathing room to poison and paralyze

Sucks that he maxes out at 2 star

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I wonder if I could stack defense on my Rizer and use provoke and Protect

See if he can tank a hit or two so I would have breathing room to poison and paralyze

Sucks that he maxes out at 2 star

Isn't Rizer your paralyzer? If so I wouldn't encourage him to be attacked.
The only people that matter in that fight are the poisoner and paralyzer. Everybody else is expendable and can't really damage the thing.

It's an RNG fest so luckily it doesn't cost stamina. I have been retrying repeatedly the past day or so while waiting for stamina to refill.

Anoregon

My freebie summon early on was Tronn. When can I get Rizer, from friend point pulls?

Raxious

if anyone wants to add me, currently have a 3* CoD:

ID:
Raxious

Only thing I ask is that you send gifts on a daily basis, as I return the favour :)

m33pm33p

My healers are at 1*.

I'm assuming this is in Global?? Im at the end of the Island but Ive yet to run into the dragon, where is it found?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have got a few Rizer's from the friend pulls.

Luckily the pool of available units seems small at the moment for friend point pulls. This poses an interesting opportunity to max out trust while we can keep drawing the same units.

I'm assuming this is in Global?? Im at the end of the Island but Ive yet to run into the dragon, where is it found?

Go to any town and touch the statue thing that transports you to moogle land.
Its in the building on the top left of moogle land.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone giving away accounts? I wanna give the game a shot now that the root issue has been fixed.

I don't need the best lead but something that can clear the current events/quest would probably be helpful down the line.

Or should I just go ahead without rerolling? Don't know how important it is for this game.

Pejo

Did you have a healer? I cant beat him without it.

If you are going in without a healer, you need to hope Paralyze and Poison hit almost every time, which is a long grind of resetting. On my winning run, I ended up getting the dragon down to about 20% with perfect poison and blade bash procs and ran out of MP for Bio Blaster (50% poison - supposedly). I went balls out with 2 units Cura'ing every round and the rest doing as much damage as possible. It was super hairy but I won. Thank god for Cecil's DEF/SPR boost limit break.

That sword is pretty nice.

Dandte

Anyone giving away accounts? I wanna give the game a shot now that the root issue has been fixed.

I don't need the best lead but something that can clear the current events/quest would probably be helpful down the line.

Or should I just go ahead without rerolling? Don't know how important it is for this game.

This is the current Tier List

http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

Only 3 of the current 22 top Units Are in the Game Right now.

But don't use shadow...

m33pm33p

Luckily the pool of available units seems small at the moment for friend point pulls. This poses an interesting opportunity to max out trust while we can keep drawing the same units.

Go to any town and touch the statue thing that transports you to moogle land.
Its in the building on the top left of moogle land.

ty!

ZangBa

I'm sure, otherwise you are a wonderfull Person :3

For the Moment or in a pure physical Team he is ok....But there are many better Units.....But i could also be totally wrong.

Until there is a rate up for some good units, I don't have much of a choice for now. For now he's good enough, there hasn't been a challenge yet.

All signs point to yes.

Also, is there a way to like set abilities to be used during Auto, or is it always just auto attack?
If it is one or two people using abilities you can select those abilities then hit auto. Anyone without an ability selected will just attack. In other words auto doesn't overwrite choices you already made.

If this list (https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units) is in release order and we assume the cut-off point is Medius then there are about 19 characters in that pool but the 7 added later contain more that can become 3*.

But don't use shadow...
:( I know he sucks but I gotta play with what I have...don't think I'll be giving him 300k EXP for him to reach level 60 for him finally have an ability worth using...a worse version of blade bash...I suppose I could give him black mage materia if I want to use his MP...shame we don't seem to be able to target our own party members with osmose as that would make his MP serve a purpose.

The description for one of them mentioned something about fixed damage. Oh god is it Phantasy Star II all over again where all the weapons (but especially the guns) would have stats completely out of whack with their actual damage and many weapons and armour would cast spells if you used them in battle.

Dandte

I have a shadow myself....4*...Imagine My Hype when i saw the Gold Chrystal...But i still like him....i also like that only he faints, while his dog is sitting there like...you disappoint me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom