• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know where I can get or steal some Mystic Ore? I've been grinding the ADV Vortex dungeon all day and I only got two. I need 20 to awaken this Exdeath.

So regarding the Fulan Pass - Exploration. I seem to get party EXP of around the 11400 mark while Japanese page says I should expect 14500. Is this a global change, am I not quite getting up to the encounter limit (I run around a lot with no encounters...this game really needs a notification of "x encouters left") or is the friend I'm bringing stealing EXP (despite people saying this doesn't happen in global).

ZangBa

So regarding the Fulan Pass - Exploration. I seem to get party EXP of around the 11400 mark while Japanese page says I should expect 14500. Is this a global change, am I not quite getting up to the encounter limit (I run around a lot with no encounters...this game really needs a notification of "x encouters left") or is the friend I'm bringing stealing EXP (despite people saying this doesn't happen in global).

I've gotten the same amount. I wish there was a notification for when the battles have depleted, I've relied on the amount of items I've acquired to make a guess. Sometimes random battles take forever to trigger and I leave early :(.

If friends don't take a share of XP then I can start bringing them again.

Euphor!a

Banned
I've actually gotten them as drops and stealing from I believe it is the volcano area.

Yeah, I have almost 20 of them and I haven't stepped foot in the wakening vortex. So its either from the castle level where I was farming sergeants or from the volcano where I was trying to kill bombs. I'm pretty sure it is the volcano.

is there an account stats screen anywhere in this game? Like total battles, wins, losses. that kind of thing.
Yep on the home screen hit menu then trophies then records. There is a record of losses so it will it be tainted with how you tried to cheese the white dragon :p

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm glad I downloaded the soft release version. Even though the content is lacking this is perfect for grinding up level, trust, and material to get a good head start when full release hits.

I just wish there was a way to buy that early bird offer on iOS.

Credo

After using a friend's Exdeath just now, I *may* quit and reroll until I get him, even it if takes a week. He just utterly annihilated everything.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
After using a friend's Exdeath just now, I *may* quit and reroll until I get him, even it if takes a week. He just utterly annihilated everything.

Yup. He does shitloads of aoe damage and has a really strong normal attack as well.

Stider

Since it is still beta it might be a good idea to reroll for a character that is high-tier or one you like since there isn't much content yet. I got extremely lucky in that my first two rolls were Vaan and Cecil so there was no need to reroll.

Vex_

Banned
I kind of wish this game didn't have quests and exploration. I feel like they're the roughest aspects of the game.

I'm going to disagree with you here. And it isn't like quick battles (vortex, colosseum, non exploration towers) aren't present if you just wanna get some quick exp or do dailies.

This is the only mobile game I have consistently played this long, and I think it is because it offers 2 types of styles of gaming. Casual/quick and old school/full on Final fantasy open world gameplay.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

--------------------

Also, EXDEATH was my first rare pull. I didn't know he was supposed to be good lol. He is, but the only thing I don't like is that gravity is useless when you actually need it: against bosses. It just says "RESIST" even if they have no resistance against dark magic? Wtf? I mean, I can see it working less, but not even once? C'mon man.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm going to disagree with you here. And it isn't like quick battles (vortex, colosseum, non exploration towers) aren't present if you just wanna get some quick exp or do dailies.

This is the only mobile game I have consistently played this long, and I think it is because it offers 2 types of styles of gaming. Casual/quick and old school/full on Final fantasy open world gameplay.

--------------------

Also, EXDEATH was my first rare pull. I didn't know he was supposed to be good lol. He is, but the only thing I don't like is that gravity is useless when you actually need it: against bosses. It just says "RESIST" even if they have no resistance against dark magic? Wtf? I mean, I can see it working less, but not even once? C'mon man.

His limit break and other magic skills make up for it on bosses. He learns so many good spells it's ridiculous.

insanekyo

Neo Member

I usually take exdeath (friend unit) into hard battles. He's a beast.

Vex_

Banned
His limit break and other magic skills make up for it on bosses. He learns so many good spells it's ridiculous.

Speaking of good spells. I am lacking some recipes for:

Aerora
Thundara
Blizzara

Are there any recipes/quests/shops to buy these from? So far, only rydia is actually learning those.

Also, while I'm here: anyone else like ifrit's boss music? So nice! The one where you walk up to him is p cool too. But the one where you actually fight him sounds like some heroic song lol.

http://youtu.be/dN4P7rDvO78

current squad said:
B3GI2oZ.png
Just replaced my awakened monk dude with shiki. :p

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Found a way to buy the welcome pack on iOS!

Install an emulator (I used Nox)
Install the apk
Sync your account
Buy the pack with your Google account (but don't claim the items from your mailbox)
Switch back to iOS and claim the items there.

Negator

Been playing for a while and was thinking, "Why do people think Cecil is good?" Then I tried out a higher level Cecil friend and Cura spam was godlike.

Level 33 can't come soon enough.

Edit: I took the opportunity to take a look at his future skills. Damn Cecil is a monster.

bonkeng

So if i reroll, which unit should be the toptiest tier?

I understand Vaan, Cecil, Bartz and Exdeath are the best, but since I'm rerolling, might as well go for the best of the best.

chrono01

So if i reroll, which unit should be the toptiest tier?

I understand Vaan, Cecil, Bartz and Exdeath are the best, but since I'm rerolling, might as well go for the best of the best.
From what I've read, that would be Vaan or Exdeath. Those are one of the two I'll be aiming for when I re-roll, anyway.

Stider

From what I've read, that would be Vaan or Exdeath. Those are one of the two I'll be aiming for when I re-roll, anyway.

Depends what you want, Vaan is there for support(Full Break and Concentration), Exdeath is damage(lots of AoE) and Cecil is your tank and healer(Libra, protect and shell, AoE heals).

Vex_

Banned
Ok where are these "barbarus" things? Like what level of the volcano are they on? Need two more of em. I forgot what they look like.

bonkeng

Thanks chrono. I'll aim for those 2.

I hope most of us from CC plays this game. I now see atleast 3 of you here (chrono, Stider and Rixa).

chrono01

Depends what you want, Vaan is there for support(Full Break and Concentration), Exdeath is damage(lots of AoE) and Cecil is your tank and healer(Libra, protect and shell, AoE heals).
Sounds like I have a decision to make, haha.

Honestly, I'll probably just go with whichever I get first.

I hope most of us from CC plays this game. I now see atleast 3 of you here (chrono, Stider and Rixa).
Not a problem!

It's nice indeed seeing some fellow CC players joining this one (or will, when the game is officially released). I won't be opening my wallet though, not until I see how Gumi are handling things a nice ways off from launch. My faith in them is shaken (that's an understatement), it'll take a while before I trust them again.

Are -ra spells stronger than the normal spells, or just AoE versions of them? AKA: Should I spend the extra MP when I'm doing ST fights?

Stider

Honestly, I'll probably just go with whichever I get first.QUOTE]

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

Link to the reddit wiki which has a breakdown of all the abilities+spells a character gets and when. Looking through it, the 6* characters get some massive powerups when they get to 6*.

Are -ra spells stronger than the normal spells, or just AoE versions of them? AKA: Should I spend the extra MP when I'm doing ST fights?

Looking at reddit wiki: Base spells are 120% single target, -ara is 140% aoe and -aga is 180% aoe.

9teen8485

Neo Member
Is it worth spending lapis on magic keys?? Don't want to if there's just garbage inside of those chests.

I'm regretting my 500 pull that just got me a 3-star red mage. I guess he can replace the 1-star white mage (leah) i got earlier though who maybe-dunno can't cura?

I hate gaccha why am I playing this?! lol

Visceir

Is it worth spending lapis on magic keys?? Don't want to if there's just garbage inside of those chests.

I'm regretting my 500 pull that just got me a 3-star red mage. I guess he can replace the 1-star white mage (leah) i got earlier though who maybe-dunno can't cura?

I hate gaccha why am I playing this?! lol

Future island will definitely have some locked chests you'll want to grab but you're not missing out on much by not opening any on the first island.

Oh, been meaning to ask about the Star Quartz. What are they used in? Are they material for crafting or evo mats or are they items to be sold?

Visceir

Oh, been meaning to ask about the Star Quartz. What are they used in? Are they material for crafting or evo mats or are they items to be sold?

Later on in future updates there will be fat chocobos in game who will trade you powerful equipment and consumables for Star Quartz.

Rixa

Honestly, I'll probably just go with whichever I get first.
Not a problem!

It's nice indeed seeing some fellow CC players joining this one (or will, when the game is officially released). I won't be opening my wallet though, not until I see how Gumi are handling things a nice ways off from launch. My faith in them is shaken (that's an understatement), it'll take a while before I trust them again.
Here Iam :).

I aimed for the "Best" tier, decided it does not matter what I get of those, going to reroll so long that I have it. So after ½ day of rerolling got Vaan. I did drop 400 Yens (3,89&#8364;) to "Early Bird" packet. It gives 1000 Lapis and 2 Premium Tickets. Those Lapis I did use to upgrade different slots: More item / friend / inventory / unit slots. Now I have used some Lapis to get more friend slots. Tickets & Lapis (for summon) I will use when we get "Summon Gate" where is better chance to get one good unit than this "normal" Lapis summon you can do now. <- This is the way it goes in BF, I think its same in here (JP Players can say if it is).

Pro tip, when you start and get unit with "Steal" (either Vaan from reroll or some Friend point 1-2* unit), start to use steal in every normal fight and steal works in Colosseum too! Vortex (atleast exp dungeon) it doesnt work.
As seeing how rare they are, prolly not wise to sell them :p. Not sure if they are needed for unit Awaken material or to some high end crafting stuff or both.
Later on in future updates there will be fat chocobos in game who will trade you powerful equipment and consumables for Star Quartz.
Now I know.

I kind of wish this game didn't have quests and exploration. I feel like they're the roughest aspects of the game.

I don't agree regarding the quests, even if I usually don't even bother with them myself.

However, I do think the exploration levels are fine on paper but the execution is flawed. The problem is that the level designers seem to set out trying to make the absolute most frustrating layouts possible.

Way too many narrow paths, outcroppings to get stuck on, dead ends, etc.

Not all of them are bad, but I feel like half of them just feel like a chore to navigate. Especially some of the ones added for events in the JP version.

RalchAC

--------------------

Gravity is incredibly useful for the ADV experience Vortex. There are some enemies with >5k HP there.

It has never worked in bosses in FF right?

bonkeng

So, i fully unrooted my phone. And I'm still stuck with blackscreen on my phone.

I'm rerolling on my PC using nox, but now I'm worried about the black screen thing.

Rixa

There is a maintenance in an hour. Will we get something good?

Actually it started just now.

FFBEFB said:
Hi, fellow knights.

FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS will be taking a short break; we'll need to fix some kinks and bugs in the system, kupo.

The scheduled maintenance will be performed on May 19 from 1:00 PST to 4:00 PST (that's early morning, kupo).

Sorry for the interruption. We'll be back before you know it, kupo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom