• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using Japan numbers or actual global numbers?
I ran this test yesterday and found Fulan pass to be almost the same exp per stamina as the exp dungeon (but you also get tons of magicite and mats).

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to run the 3 dungeons again but I distinctly remember beginning having the best value of the 3 exp dungeons.
I've run Fulan pass twice today. One time I got 11.4k EXP and the other time I got 14k EXP.

Beginner EXP is the best value for rank EXP but really, you're not running a vortex for those (as they're all bad value).

Euphor!a

Banned
So ever since the patch explorations on my android emulator are running like absolute garbage, everything else runs fine except running around in explorations. Anyone else have this issue using an emulator? If so did you figure out how to fix it? If not which emulator are you using?

It's a little menu if you scroll the "world map" "Colosseum" "vortex" section of the main menu.

Uh, wow! I didn't know about that, because...
... there's another, much more convenient way to do it (bolded and underlined for visibility, as I'm sure some will find it useful) which is what I've been doing. From the esper selection menu (not the party lineup, but the list of espers that appears after you touch an esper slot), just touch on any esper and hold. This opens up the enhance/train menu and you can swipe to the other espers.

I found the awakening material dungeons to be easier than the EXP ones so that is also a point that needs clarifying.

I certain can't one turn auto-battle advance EXP. I'm lucky if I can 2 turn each battle with magic.

Thanks for the clarification here, I've been spending most of my time running advanced EXP vortexes so I wasn't too sure. I've only recently cleared Fulan Pass, but it looks to me like advanced EXP vortex is by far the most efficient way to get experience for your stamina cost. At this stage I'd just be interested in knowing the best way to get materials for awakening units and upgrading espers. I heard someone say that the rarer materials don't have an increased drop rate in advanced as opposed to intermediate, which would be nice if true.

Skulldead

So ever since the patch explorations on my android emulator are running like absolute garbage, everything else runs fine except running around in explorations. Anyone else have this issue using an emulator? If so did you figure out how to fix it? If not which emulator are you using?

Me the battle system became slow... everything move in slow motion..

Chucker

You should make it on itunes PC as usually there is no "none" for the payment option when making account on phone.
If you encounter "technical error please contact support" or something like that, it means the itunes detected your location to be outside sweden. You will need VPN to get it to work.

I got that, but it still worked.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I might just make a fake facebook account to reroll, I got Kain and then Vivi, both 3 Star.
Can I just keep doing guest until I get what I want and then login to my "new" account?

Got Fran in my second pull ! I think I'm very lucky with the team I got : 2 fighters, 1 archer, 1 bard and 1 white mage.

Also, please I implore everybody to not play this game on mute. For real, I think the music is one of the best music I never heard for a mobile game outside of Sword and Sworcery.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll go buy that OST !

Euphor!a

Banned
Just now noticed that apparently your limit breaks can level up...

Anyone know if that persists through awakenings?

So I was testing this out a bit, and apparantly the limit break on my cecil is level 1 of 20. And in order to get it to level 2 I need to use it 1427 more times...

WTF game is this?

Stider

So I was testing this out a bit, and apparantly the limit break on my cecil is level 1 of 20. And in order to get it to level 2 I need to use it 1427 more times...

WTF game is this?

Yep, the higher a characters star level, the higher the max limit break level, BUT, it also requires a lot more uses to level.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/lbgrowth

Link with amount of uses needed to level LB's. Since it looks like you can use multiple copies of the same character at the same time, it might be a good idea to level one up to keep main party strong and keep another a 3*/4* for levelling LB. Might be good for trust as well since I think the values combine when fusing.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just got Ifrit. But the "NEXT" pointer is still at Porty City Lodin. Not sure where to go next. Help?

When the game releases I think you'll be able to take the ship there to the next island.

For now you are at the end of the beta build.

Pejo

So i've been playing since this thread went up, and never saw a cactaur. Meanwhile, tonight in an hour I've encountered 3. All dropped Star Quartz. Neat.

This Lapis is burning a hole in my damn pocket. I really want to drop some on summons to see if i can get Exdeath or Firion or something, I know everyone says not to, but ugghhh, it's so hard to just sit on high amounts of it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So i've been playing since this thread went up, and never saw a cactaur. Meanwhile, tonight in an hour I've encountered 3. All dropped Star Quartz. Neat.

This Lapis is burning a hole in my damn pocket. I really want to drop some on summons to see if i can get Exdeath or Firion or something, I know everyone says not to, but ugghhh, it's so hard to just sit on high amounts of it.

Blow it all on friend slot expansion and you won't be tempted anymore!

Pejo

Blow it all on friend slot expansion and you won't be tempted anymore!

Already did drop some on that, I have 15~ free friend slots right now, but not getting many requests. Weird too, because my 4* Cecil has almost 2k HP and 177 attack, you'd think he'd be more popular.

014,414,382 if anyone still has space, i'm pretty quick to send daily gifts.

Vex_

Banned
I wonder. With all this grinding we are doing, do you all think any future content/enemies will be able to compare?

I'm at the point where my enemies don't get a turn now. My team is full of savages.

Stider

I wonder. With all this grinding we are doing, do you all think any future content/enemies will be able to compare?

I'm at the point where my enemies don't get a turn now. My team is full of savages.

Same here, doing Adv exp chamber with only 3 in my party so I can get Cecil and Vaan to 60, then it's time to start farming for mats for 5*.

Vex_

Banned

Same here, doing Adv exp chamber with only 3 in my party so I can get Cecil and Vaan to 60, then it's time to start farming for mats for 5*.

Wait. How come you're only doing it with 3 people? Don't tell me...

...you get more exp that way?

Stider

Wait. How come you're only doing it with 3 people? Don't tell me...

...you get more exp that way?

Then I won't tell you :p

The xp earned is split equally amongst the members of your party, so less members=more exp. Just did adv chamber and 31488 xp, each of my 3 party members got 10496 xp. Confirmed this by Cecil needing 14496 before and only 4000 to level after, the difference: 10496 xp which is 1/3rd of 31488 :)

Vex_

Banned
Yup. Exp is split between party members, like most FFs iirc. So less units = Faster leveling.

Then I won't tell you :p

The xp earned is split equally amongst the members of your party, so less members=more exp. Just did adv chamber and 31488 xp, each of my 3 party members got 10496 xp. Confirmed this by Cecil needing 14496 before and only 4000 to level after, the difference: 10496 xp which is 1/3rd of 31488 :)

Oh wow. Didn't know that. Welp. Guess it is better to know now...

ZangBa

Hopefully A rank coliseum gives some better rewards, so far only a couple of items were any good. I hope it doesn't end soon :s

Shouta

6qoBV4r.jpg

Finally got Dual Wield with my Trust Moogles. My Randy is looking pretty good for single target enemies. I just need an AOE skill for him now.

Phazon

Added some people here.

Bought some friend slots and I usually login daily to send out friend points: 666 995 483

Rixa

Hopefully A rank coliseum gives some better rewards, so far only a couple of items were any good. I hope it doesn't end soon :s

Iam still at D-Rank. You really should Steal stuff from enemies in colosseum.
Put other units to defend and one unit that has steal uses it. Just push "Repeat" so long that enemy doesnt have anything to steal :p.

They say that Colosseum enemies drop good stuff when using steal. In D-Rank its normal stuff Iam getting, nothing fancy so far.

Mays table, hopefully next month and future months are similar :p.

Visceir

So I'm wondering now if it's required to have a white mage in your party? I've been keeping Leah because she's the only unit I have with healing abilities to speak of, but I feel like she's really dragging my team down. Is there anything I can do to get rid of her and still get by in tougher dungeons?

Towards the second half of the next island you'll get a story character who is a healer and has a +40% atk/def party buff, you'll want to have her in your party. You could just use friend healers until then.

Decided I'd pass on Firion after some awful 500 lapis draws to go with him and then seeing how ridiculously good Exdeath and Cecil were. I'm beginning to question that decision as I've gotten Fran twice, Russell twice, Rydia twice, Galuf, Krile, and a couple of other originals. Will it never end!?!?

Been casually rerolling the past 2 days and I don't think I've gotten a single 5* potential character. The rates seem way lower than jp -- not really concerned with it though as the rates were pretty bad at the beginning of jp version as well. New character batches will probably still have rate-ups, too.

Just now noticed that apparently your limit breaks can level up...

Anyone know if that persists through awakenings?

The LB level will carry over and it would be smart to "max" LB before awakening your character as for a higher * character it costs much more to level up LB.

For a 3* char it takes 300 LB uses to level up, for a 4* char it takes 750 LB uses, for a 5* unit it takes 1500 LB uses for the same level.

You can view the LB exp table here:

Got Fran in my second pull ! I think I'm very lucky with the team I got : 2 fighters, 1 archer, 1 bard and 1 white mage.

Also, please I implore everybody to not play this game on mute. For real, I think the music is one of the best music I never heard for a mobile game outside of Sword and Sworcery.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll go buy that OST !

Fran 4* gets Cura really early and is probably best used as a healer. Oddly enough it seems like most bow users in this game are healer/support -- possibly because bows are 2handed and you'll want single-handed weapon users for maximum damage anyway?

It goes up to S rank, but the jp version also got an "advanced" coliseum a couple months after which offered new rewards and many more stages.

Jeffrey

Finally got Dual Wield with my Trust Google's. My Randy is looking pretty good for single target enemies. I just need an AOE skill for him now.

randy from secret of mana? Now I get how they can keep this game going if they have access to all SE franchises lol.

Visceir

Finally got Dual Wield with my Trust Google's. My Randy is looking pretty good for single target enemies. I just need an AOE skill for him now.

Grats!

That is probably the best use for those TMs. The good thing is that you can always re-use that DW on any other new char you pull.

I'm still thinking what to do with mine. Now that Chizuru got 6* I kinda want Miyuki's trust reward, haha.

Euphor!a

Banned
The LB level will carry over and it would be smart to "max" LB before awakening your character as for a higher * character it costs much more to level up LB.

For a 3* char it takes 300 LB uses to level up, for a 4* char it takes 750 LB uses, for a 5* unit it takes 1500 LB uses for the same level.

You can view the LB exp table here:

So if the unit came out of the hatcher a 5* you're just fucked basically?

Yu Narukami

I saw that one guy had Ifrit with Plantkiller but when I look at my Ifrit there are no Killer abilities to unlock.
Never mind, have to be 2*.

Feep

Banned
Just pulled a 4-star Krile, but I already have Terra...should I bother training her up? o_O

(I'm still using Lasswell, looking for a replacement for him)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom