• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Looks like I can't make a purchase in Canada yet? Just tried using shop, didnt work.

I did download APK (as most of us). Bought that 3,89€ (400Yen) welcome packet with credit card via google play.

I used 600 crystals to item / inventory / unit slots. 400 Crystals went to friend slots. I did read from reddit its good to get more friend slots earlier. Seeing so many similarities to BF what I played few months, I guess Ill eventually raise item slots to well over 100 (now at 65).

We prolly get good amount of crystals when this officially releases, then its good time to spend crystals to those hard things that stay (slots).

Also if you do get Premium Tickets / cards. Dont use them yet. In BF there is constantly some special summon gate that costs more crystals to pull and you can use tickets. Those special summon gates usually had much better units (like 4-6* units) / new units.

I would guess that same thing will be here. Going to hoard crystals / use them to slots and later wait for those better summon gates. Same for friend points. I did pull twice, got 2* and surprisingly 3* unit named Shiki. Now my team is full and Rizer (or whatever that fixed pull 1* is) can go to rest.

Heh, accidentally found that White Dragon :p, that was kinda fast fight.
Was nicely surprised when I pulled Vaan, he has Steal ability, used that metal cactuar to Vaan, got Great success and boom 22 level Vaan. Now my Vaan is stealing every battle once (or more) per room. Gong to drown to items, not sure what are good and what is just junk. Not event sure is that steal ability early on any good, well it wont take long to use it.

How common is steal ability as fixed in units (I guess you can learn it to some units, same ways you can learn cure etc).

Fun shit is waiting me :).

I have many free places in friend list, send your friend requests.

-> I wont accept people that has generic username & are using "Rain" or "Lasswell" as leader (eventho they can be 5*). Since thats a good way early on to notice who is playing and who is "playing".

Name: RixGAF
ID: 147,899,569

Shouta

I can't really think of any prominent gacha which isn't about fusing duplicates to power them up in some form or another, to be quite honest.

Although what the gacha is, and how prominent the relative power levels are, etc can all change how the game flows, of course.

If you can legitimately say Record Keeper had compelling gameplay 6 months in compared to where the game is now, I'll stop 'coming at you'. (And that's totally fine, opinions and all that) Using Record Keeper as an example here solely because it's what you referenced.

Right. RK's gameplay early on wasn't terribly compelling at all. It took quite awhile for it to build up to even resemble what it is now and even then it's changed with additions.

Brave Exvius is the same, especially as new equipment, new characters, new summons, and new skills become available to use. When I started the game with the JP release, it was way different than it is now, 7 months later.

WarAdept

-> I wont accept people that has generic username & are using "Rain" or "Lasswell" as leader (eventho they can be 5*). Since thats a good way early on to notice who is playing and who is "playing".

:(

We can never be friends then. Saving up all my Lapis for those higher drop rate Summon Pulls.

Just need to farm XP Vortex a bit, then I can make the MC's 5*. Will take a while though. Does XP get divided between the party? Or everyone who participates gets the set amount after battle?

Yu Narukami

I did download APK (as most of us). Bought that 3,89€ (400Yen) welcome packet with credit card via google play.

I used 600 crystals to item / inventory / unit slots. 400 Crystals went to friend slots. I did read from reddit its good to get more friend slots earlier. Seeing so many similarities to BF what I played few months, I guess Ill eventually raise item slots to well over 100 (now at 65).

We prolly get good amount of crystals when this officially releases, then its good time to spend crystals to those hard things that stay (slots).

Also if you do get Premium Tickets / cards. Dont use them yet. In BF there is constantly some special summon gate that costs more crystals to pull and you can use tickets. Those special summon gates usually had much better units (like 4-6* units) / new units.

I would guess that same thing will be here. Going to hoard crystals / use them to slots and later wait for those better summon gates. Same for friend points. I did pull twice, got 2* and surprisingly 3* unit named Shiki. Now my team is full and Rizer (or whatever that fixed pull 1* is) can go to rest.

Heh, accidentally found that White Dragon :p, that was kinda fast fight.
Was nicely surprised when I pulled Vaan, he has Steal ability, used that metal cactuar to Vaan, got Great success and boom 22 level Vaan. Now my Vaan is stealing every battle once (or more) per room. Gong to drown to items, not sure what are good and what is just junk. Not event sure is that steal ability early on any good, well it wont take long to use it.

How common is steal ability as fixed in units (I guess you can learn it to some units, same ways you can learn cure etc).

Fun shit is waiting me :).

I have many free places in friend list, send your friend requests.

Name: RixGAF
ID: 147,899,569

Steal is nice to have for rare Awakening mats. You can add me if you want. My best unit is Rain because I didnt reroll but he has 140 ATK.
ID: 669,878,978
Name: Jaga

Rixa

:(

We can never be friends then. Saving up all my Lapis for those higher drop rate Summon Pulls.

Just need to farm XP Vortex a bit, then I can make the MC's 5*. Will take a while though. Does XP get divided between the party? Or everyone who participates gets the set amount after battle?
Whats youre id? Ill add you. Otherwise its kinda hard to see GAFers thru all these starting players (literally getting shitton of friend requests from Rains). Only thing Iam missing are Kirito named players from CC :p.
Steal is nice to have for rare Awakening mats. You can add me if you want. My best unit is Rain because I didnt reroll but he has 140 ATK.
ID: 669,878,978
Name: Jaga
And it shall be done, nice ID number :p You got fr.

Dandte

Whats youre id? Ill add you. Otherwise its kinda hard to see GAFers thru all these starting players (literally getting shitton of friend requests from Rains). Only thing Iam missing are Kirito named players from CC :p.

And it shall be done, nice ID number :p You got fr.

I changed My greeting to GAF. Cleared a few slots for Gaf:

807 908 021.

4* Cecil at your Service

Rixa

I grabbed this from reddit:

Reddit user Tavmania said:
Your current friend list should be about ~25 now depending on your rank and stays at 30 (so far, I'm rank 30 only in JP and it's still at 30). That means that I can get 30x10 Friend Points.

However, if you spend a couple of lapis to expand your friend list (which is a really good investment compared to summoning, if you look at the shitty rates), you could get 130 friends and thus 130x10 FP if everyone would gift. That allows you to do a couple of things:

1. It's important for the achievements. Getting Gifts and Receiving Gifts are two major things that can eventually net you 1000 lapis. You could possibly do that with only 30 friends, but really, 10000 gifts if you can only send 30? Good luck.

2. You get more Friend Points. More Friend Points = more trust rewards. A free 10% HP materia or a free Demon Slayer is incredibly awesome, and can take several months with average RNG and 30 friends. Speed up the process.

3. Why not have more friends to increase your selection of friends... I think that if there will be collection events like the current one in Japan, only a few will have that 6* lead capable of increasing the amount of candies/phantoma by 100%.

These are things that new players don't know. And you won't know until you go and explore things for yourself. The hints are there, but hidden well. And you can't expect everyone to see everything immediately.

Dandte fr sent.

Vex_

Banned
I'm curious: why get more unit slots? Aren't we just gonna trash/fuse them into better units anyways? Not like we can have more than 5 people in a party right?

So why do I see people saying to invest in more unit slots?

Rixa

I'm curious: why get more unit slots? Aren't we just gonna trash/fuse them into better units anyways? Not like we can have more than 5 people in a party right?

1. Many different parties for different styled dungeons where you need that one _exact_ unit (example: Unit that has steal ability for colosseum)
2. For collection purposes - One must have all
3. For whales - Because you can

Vex_

Banned
1. Many different parties for different styled dungeons where you need that one _exact_ unit (example: Unit that has steal ability for colosseum)
2. For collection purposes - One must have all
3. For whales - Because you can

Gonna catch em all

Ok. So technically we don't actually need them for some hidden reason. It is just for collectors. Cool. I thought I was missing something again.

Thanks guys.

Visceir

No one here has really discussed it but getting the trust rewards of the units is something you might want to take into consideration in future and that can be achieved more easily if you have a full party of dupes of the same character.

Most units also have an unique skill or other things that make them stand out, not to mention old units getting new evolutions in future, it's better to have them available to you rather than just fusing them (speaking about the lapis pulls here, not FP pulls)

Further in the future there will be events that drop metal cactuars and each of those eats up an unit slot, if you decide to hoard them -- the same goes for future stat pots.

My japanese account is at 150 unit spaces at the moment and I'm constantly over the limit.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well this is a bit frustrating....

BC4VaISl.png

I was gonna spend $0.99 to get some magacite and upgrade my esper a little. won't let me since i used the swedish app store trick. Just FYI if anyone didn't know this yet...

Guess I'm not spending any $$$ until it officially comes out

PS I have friend slots open! Sharing lvl 22 3* Kain right now. I'll be playing a lot so hopefully 4* soon or replace it with something better.

ID 986356554

Rixa

Well this is a bit frustrating....

I was gonna spend $0.99 to get some magacite and upgrade my esper a little. won't let me since i used the swedish app store trick. Just FYI if anyone didn't know this yet...

PS I have friend slots open! Sharing lvl 22 3* Kain right now. I'll be playing a lot so hopefully 4* soon or replace it with something better.

ID 986356554
Are those other "deals" good? They dont have limitation date (or did I miss it)? Not sure if I should grab them since they are cheap, but I dont know what they are offering,
Sending fr to you.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well the welcome pack is VERY worth buying. You get a good amount for very little cash. Too bad you can only buy it once!

The others, I can't say as I'm still learning the game :) But $0.99 for a bunch of magacite looked like a good bargain to me heh

Visceir

The item packs are a shameless cash grab and contain items that you can easily farm later on in game/during events. If you're going to spend -- get lapis.

Yu Narukami

No one here has really discussed it but getting the trust rewards of the units is something you might want to take into consideration in future and that can be achieved more easily if you have a full party of dupes of the same character.

Most units also have an unique skill or other things that make them stand out, not to mention old units getting new evolutions in future, it's better to have them available to you rather than just fusing them (speaking about the lapis pulls here, not FP pulls)

Further in the future there will be events that drop metal cactuars and each of those eats up an unit slot, if you decide to hoard them -- the same goes for future stat pots.

My japanese account is at 150 unit spaces at the moment and I'm constantly over the limit.
How long does it take to master a trust reward? I find the requirements ridiculous even with dupes.

Visceir

How long does it take to master a trust reward? I find the requirements ridiculous even with dupes.

It is ridiculous and definitely on another level of hardcore.

If you run the 1 energy dungeon 24h (288 energy) then you get ~2.5 - 3% trust per character.

If you have a full team of dupes (5) then you can get ~12 - 15% trust per day. Each dupe also adds 5% when fused, so you'd still need 80% -- which would take about 5 - 7 days to get.

There are plenty of people on JP who do exactly that though and one could argue that some trust rewards are definitely worth it (90 - 120 attack weapons, dual wield, +30% int materia, doublehanded, dual-cast).

Vex_

Banned
Holy shit. So I was just wandering around since I only have sidequests left and am at the end of the current game...

...I ran into the white dragon. More like KILLER DRAGON amirite? As in it one shots 1 or two members of my party every turn??!!!!

Man. Now I have a new goal I guess...

Bigrx1

Banned
I can't really think of any prominent gacha which isn't about fusing duplicates to power them up in some form or another, to be quite honest.

Although what the gacha is, and how prominent the relative power levels are, etc can all change how the game flows, of course.

If you can legitimately say Record Keeper had compelling gameplay 6 months in compared to where the game is now, I'll stop 'coming at you'. (And that's totally fine, opinions and all that) Using Record Keeper as an example here solely because it's what you referenced.

The only reference I brought in for Record Keeper was comparing battle systems - and Record Keeper easily had a better battle system on day 1 compared to Exvius. That's the only strong point of record keeper really because it's basically the only thing that exists in the game - battles/dungeons. Exvius at least has a few other things going for it - I just can't stomach the grind of the star upgrades for all party members and the trust grind.

And unfortunately you're right in that most F2P gacha's are all the star system. Not all but most - which is sad and yet another reason why mobile gaming as a whole is the pits. Hardly any originality and everything just clones off of each other. Star Wars F2P is the same way.

It must be a combination of lacking originality and also of those systems working to hook people into the game and to buy IAP's. Because ultimately that's the main goal of all of these, to bug you and annoy you just enough to buy those purchases.

RalchAC

The only reference I brought in for Record Keeper was comparing battle systems - and Record Keeper easily had a better battle system on day 1 compared to Exvius. That's the only strong point of record keeper really because it's basically the only thing that exists in the game - battles/dungeons. Exvius at least has a few other things going for it - I just can't stomach the grind of the star upgrades for all party members and the trust grind.

And unfortunately you're right in that most F2P gacha's are all the star system. Not all but most - which is sad and yet another reason why mobile gaming as a whole is the pits. Hardly any originality and everything just clones off of each other. Star Wars F2P is the same way.

It must be a combination of lacking originality and also of those systems working to hook people into the game and to buy IAP's. Because ultimately that's the main goal of all of these, to bug you and annoy you just enough to buy those purchases.

This is just my opinion, but I didn't like at all the fact that each spell had its own number of uses instead of a single mana pull.

Plus, didn't you need to craft and equip those? At least in this game characters unlock new spells as they level up. You can craft spells too and even Espers have their own abilities.

I dunno, maybe my memories about Record Keeper are tainted due to how damn slow the UI was at release. I remember that was my main reason to quit. If I'm spending more time on loading screens than playing, something is wrong :p

I think there was an UI overhaul right?

Feep

Banned
A) How are limit breaks leveled up? They seem to move incredibly slowly; I've not leveled up a single one.

B) Why do some characters seem to accrue larger shares of the total XP pool?

C) Do we know when the game is out of beta? I have maybe one or two days left of leftover content before I'm straight out, and I won't be playing anymore until Island 2 releases.

Dandte

A) How are limit breaks leveled up? They seem to move incredibly slowly; I've not leveled up a single one.

B) Why do some characters seem to accrue larger shares of the total XP pool?

C) Do we know when the game is out of beta? I have maybe one or two days left of leftover content before I'm straight out, and I won't be playing anymore until Island 2 releases.

A) iirc whenever you use it
B) Different Growth. Look at the Reddit Wiki Cecil Takes longer than Shadow f.e.
C) Late June/ july Maybe. Play until you van defeat the white Dragon

Love the sprites in this. If only the mobile versions of FF5 and 6 looked this nice... they should do another remake!

The dialogue is pretty bad though.

Falk

that puzzling face

Right, I guess we'll agree to disagree here. I feel that Record Keeper didn't really get anywhere close to compelling outside of making sure you had Breaks and enough of X vulnerability, until at least the friend summon system was implemented, creating a baseline minimum power level around which content could be designed, and didn't really hit its stride till at least when record materia were introduced, opening up a lot of strategies esp. with a much less limited number of magic casts, etc.

Also for the record (ehehehe) I think that current RK endgame, both where Global is at and where JP is at right now, is definitely among the most compelling of any RPG-styled mobage/gacha in the market right now. Sure it may not have absurd numbers flying all over the screen like Granblue, but it's well designed, not too deep for the sake of being deep, and rather lenient towards streaks of bad gacha luck.

I'm not sure I'd agree that it's completely a negative. It's the same way that many FPS have similar features nowadays (iron sights, progression-based multiplayer) - it's become such a precedent of a genre that you want new players to be able to have an idea of what to expect. Sure, it's tied more directly to monetization, but then again the choice to spend or not is always up to the individual. (And I'll readily admit it's a problem when any individual hasn't quite gotten a solid grasp on when he/she is spending too much on something, not just entertainment)

Savvy connoisseurs of mobage (... I can't believe I used that combination of words as a phrase) would be able to look at a new game's rates and decide if it's being overly stingy or generous and plan out how much they want to spend, if at all, before even deciding to invest time into a new game.

Falk

that puzzling face
I can't type anymore I'm having an epileptic seizure.

*actually posting with the power of telepathy.

Reading through this thread would give the impression that the core gameplay mechanic is "besting the system" instead of enjoying the gameplay

You guys are essentially like the someone at a casino bar telling all the tips and tricks

This is why its so hard to enjoy mobile games in this style

linkent

Reddit had mention that Lapis every device has its own Lapis. Ie if youre using 2 device they dont share Lapis amounts.
Expected that, wanted to purchase on ios but couldnt as it isnt release yet.
Hope the beginner bundle will be there when it is officialy release.
Almost never spend on mobile but with this price, i couldnt resist.

Skulldead

Reading through this thread would give the impression that the core gameplay mechanic is "besting the system" instead of enjoying the gameplay

You guys are essentially like the someone at a casino bar telling all the tips and tricks

This is why its so hard to enjoy mobile games in this style

Same thing with every Gotcha RPG mobile game, i feel like they are all in a competition of how going to be the strongest or beat harder content the fastest... This is the same thing in most MMORPG.... But i'm fine with that they play the way they want, i didn't retry my first pull, got a shitty party, I'm having trouble with some bosses... i can't imagine much later harder content...

Edit: I'm having a hard time to find Silk for crafting (got one since the begining) ? where i can get them in a big amount ?

Anywhere I can find a list of awakening material farming locations?

Tried to google it and came up with nothing.

Trying to find Earth's Cores.

Visceir

Anywhere I can find a list of awakening material farming locations?

Tried to google it and came up with nothing.

Trying to find Earth's Cores.

At this point you would probably have to be doing the googling in japanese if you want to find those answers.

https://ffbe.gamewith.jp/

This japanese wiki has evo mats listed along with icons/pictures for them. Each evo mat also has a dedicated site with info where you can get them.

The earliest you can get Earth's core is on the second island (which isn't in game yet), the other way to get them is to do the awakening dungeon, but I think only the 15 en one dropped them very rarely.

At this point you would probably have to be doing the googling in japanese if you want to find those answers.

https://ffbe.gamewith.jp/

This japanese wiki has evo mats listed along with icons/pictures for them. Each evo mat also has a dedicated site with info where you can get them.

The earliest you can get Earth's core is on the second island (which isn't in game yet), the other way to get them is to do the awakening dungeon, but I think only the 15 en one dropped them very rarely.

So I really can't even raise my character levels then.

Oh well.

Thank you.

BurningNad

Awesome, bought the starter bundle and pulled a 5* Cloud of Darkness. Feel free to add me, my friends list is empty at the moment!

BurningNad
677 434 103

So I just noticed there is a fast travel option for Quest NPCs when you need to talk to them for rewards. Enter the town they are in then Town Menu > Quest Report > hit the quest and then the report button to be warped to the NPC,

So I have a quest that when I try to initiate it the game crashes (I guess it is one of those beta buts like blank text boxes and characters repeating themselves).
It is Quest 7 in this town:
http://altema.jp/ffbe/porttownroedean-1129

This game needs something that you can do while you wait for your energy to fill up. Bingo would be nice lol.
Isn't that essentially the white dragon given at this stage of the game RNG cheese sandwich of Poison+Paralyze is the only viable strategy.

Yu Narukami

So I just noticed there is a fast travel option for Quest NPCs when you need to talk to them for rewards. Enter the town they are in then Town Menu > Quest Report > hit the quest and then the report button to be warped to the NPC,

So I have a quest that when I try to initiate it the game crashes (I guess it is one of those beta buts like blank text boxes and characters repeating themselves).
It is Quest 7 in this town:
http://altema.jp/ffbe/porttownroedean-1129

Isn't that essentially the white dragon given at this stage of the game RNG cheese sandwich of Poison+Paralyze is the only viable strategy.

I have Poison+Paralyze. Still need an AOE heal.

Jeffrey

you can't buy lapis on ios if you don't have a swedish card. You can always use an android emulator though and just login with your FB.

I bought the $4.40 'starter bundle' just fine, and its like Brave frontier in that that package ends up in your gift box so you can take it out on iOS if you want (lapis will be tied to your platform, android, amazon, ios etc).

Valentus

My goodness, Edgar at this point of the game is OP as fuck.

You can solo Vortex EXP dungeon ADV with Edgar Maxed using only Chainsaw.

You can even use 1 only character and a friend edgar maxed and gain 31.000 exp for your character alone.

Edgar is a beast.

Dandte

My goodness, Edgar at this point of the game is OP as fuck.

You can solo Vortex EXP dungeon ADV with Edgar Maxed using only Chainsaw.

You can even use 1 only character and a friend edgar maxed and gain 31.000 exp for your character alone.

Edgar is a beast.

Sadly i don't have Edgar Friends :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom