• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

/ Rain

Banned
lel
lelawkward.png

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/477127387541676032

dat burn.. soo good.

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
I know it was released. I wanted to know their reactions. Do they feel that their efforts was wasted.

Playing the patched version on the emulator right now it will take a hellova good upgrade to make me buy the port. And of course there is no release date in sight to stop me from playing right now.

Square has been criminally late with Type-0, I'd say the translators won.

KtSlime

To those opting to play the game with patch (nothing wrong with that) over waiting to buy the PS4/One port, did you actually buy the PSP game?

Widge

I wonder if the fan translation has impacted on Square's decision at all - coming to the conclusion that it has infringed on the sales they might have got.

laoni

To those opting to play the game with patch (nothing wrong with that) over waiting to buy the PS4/One port, did you actually buy the PSP game?

I did, back at launch. Played through alongside a girl on Livejournal who was doing really rough translations & moaning about things. I remember meeting Magius around that time too on Gamefaqs.

I plan on picking up the PS4 version too, and I'll probably even play Agito. Orience is easily my favourite world in the FF universe, and I can't wait to visit it again, especially now I'm actually able to understand all the nuances, not just read half conversations from a girl off Livejournal XD

I wonder if the fan translation has impacted on Square's decision at all - coming to the conclusion that it has infringed on the sales they might have got.

Doubtful. The patch was released days before this announcement, and the decision would have been made weeks ago.

And prior knowledge of the existence of a possible patch probably didn't play a role, otherwise they could have requested the fan translation cease (given confirmation of an official release, fan groups often will) or sent a C&D, but most likely they just didn't consider it at the time, the internet is littered with webpages about translation patches that were "almost finished" but never actually happened (these groups are often 1-3 people, working as a hobby so its not uncommon for events to cause them to cease) and even if they get released its only a tiny % of the market who get them (patching ISOs and emulators, seem like everyday stuff to us but its a tiny %age of the general consumer market and a significant chunk of that percent will buy the official release anyway, and another large chunk wouldn't buy an official release anyway).

I want a trailer.

So how good is this game, exactly ? Is it a true Final Fantasy ? Is it on the level of pre-XIII games ? Does it feel like a subpar spin-off ?

pariah164

Squenix needs to take some note from XSEED:

Xseed also reiterated that a physical release for the PSP version of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter wouldn’t be possible.

In response to that particular request, they replied: “Sorry, but that’s just not in the cards for this title. Releasing a PSP game in mid-2014 even as a download-only title was risky enough as it was, since from a business perspective doing PC only was the smarter move, but still [got] a PSP release approved somehow so that we didn’t leave the original supporters of the first game on PSP hanging.”
See the line I bolded, Square-Enix? That's called doing your fans a solid. LEARN IT.

salromano

According to Operation Suzuku, info on Type-0 HD will be coming Monday:

https://twitter.com/OperationSuzaku/status/477495129926668288/photo/1

Nope. The actual tweet says:

"In commemoration of the western announcement of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, we'll be starting a Present Campaign for newly registered Final Fantasy Agito players. Please wait until June 16 (Monday) for full details."

Edit: Also, surprised no one has taken a better screen cap from the Final Fantasy Agito video. Here is mine from the actual video file Square Enix released to press.

Philippo

I feel sorry for those guys who did a tremendous efforts with the fan-translation, but having only a PS4, i'll buy it.
Any idea of when will release? Late 2014, Early 2015? I guess this just pushes FFXV even further...

I feel sorry for those guys who did a tremendous efforts with the fan-translation, but having only a PS4, i'll buy it.
Any idea of when will release? Late 2014, Early 2015? I guess this just pushes FFXV even further...

If I had to put money on it I'll say FFXV feb/march 2016 US release with winter 2015 release in japan

Nakazato

I think type 0 could be early 2015 and late 2015 for XV.... 2015 AE that is :( game is doomed

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly not sure why people feel sorry for the fan translators. Many fan translations have the risk that the real thing can pop up at any time. The team completed their project, put it out, and plenty of people are already enjoying it now. I say that's a project fulfilled, and not sure what else would be expected to come out of it?

Philippo

If I had to put money on it I'll say FFXV feb/march 2016 US release with winter 2015 release in japan

Gah, i hope they'll at leat try a WW release later next year, with Type-0 coming Q1.

I'm honestly not sure why people feel sorry for the fan translators. Many fan translations have the risk that the real thing can pop up at any time. The team completed their project, put it out, and plenty of people are already enjoying it now. I say that's a project fulfilled, and not sure what else would be expected to come out of it?

It's just that the announcement came what, 1 week after the release? It just seems like an "evil" move by SE. But i agree with you.

Anyway, someone who played it can tell how is it? I just heard it is a solid FF, but that's pretty vague.

DR2K

Banned

Why? This game isn't happening for another 2 years going by how early SE releases games.

I don't know why people keep feeling bad for the fan translators. Loads of people now have the option to play this game in English right now without having to buy a PS4 or an Xbone, so its not like the effort was wasted.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's just that the announcement came what, 1 week after the release? It just seems like an "evil" move by SE. But i agree with you.

I wouldn't call it "evil". As much as SE can stink, they DID make the choice to release it JUST before E3 themselves, which is when anything can happen, and it did. It's like, the equivalent of making a fan-made sequel for a JRPG and releasing it the day before TGS started, just to find out that they made an official sequel. Or something like that.

I really think they rushed the release JUST in case it did get announced.

Takao

Banned
the question is:
did the fan translators catch a whiff of this announcement beforehand and decided to release before square enix could cut them off
or
did square enix prematurely announce this to cut off the fan translation's appeal

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
the question is:
did the fan translators catch a whiff of this announcement beforehand and decided to release before square enix could cut them off
or
did square enix prematurely announce this to cut off the fan translation's appeal

Who knows. I just knew that it was fishy that they just happened to bump the announcement ahead RIGHT before E3. I anticipated a release due to that move.

the question is:
or

Occam's Razor tells me its the former. I don't think SE would go through the trouble to slap together an announcement with a teaser and logo just because of a fan translation. Its seems like they've been planning to use Type-0 as a way to push Agito to western territories for a while.

Blader

It would be hilariously pathetic if porting over and updating a PSP title actually takes away resources from FFXV development.

Well it's still portable for those who want it either on laptop, Android, PSP, or hacked Vita so I still appreciate their work.

Skilletor

I don't know why people keep feeling bad for the fan translators. Loads of people now have the option to play this game in English right now without having to buy a PS4 or an Xbone, so its not like the effort was wasted.

I bought a copy just to play Type-0 on my Vita.

This game has tons of replay value, though, so I'm looking forward to playing it again. :)

Also, the fan translation was supposed to come out in August. This would have already been announced if everything had gone as planned.

Takao

Banned
It would be hilariously pathetic if porting over and updating a PSP title actually takes away resources from FFXV development.

It likely will. Tabata has been assigned to FFXV, but Type-0 is his baby. He said that a console release would require an extensive reworking of the game, so unless Square Enix is going cheapo, he'll probably have to work on Type-0 HD.

Top Bottom