• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/And)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The game would look and sound ultra shitty if SE just slaps the game on a PS4.

This would give a REALLY bad rap for FF to unknowing users.

"Hey man, don't buy this FF anymore.I bought this game for my XB1 and it looked and played like SHIT! I am getting COD instead of FF15 its gonna suck like Type-0"

This game could lay the foundation for the gen, SE had to consider this when they decided to make this....Right guys? RIGHT ? :O

Just overthinking this probably

No.

Falk

that puzzling face
Older games coming to new systems clearly labelled as a HD remaster is nothing new. Not this gen, not last gen.

Edit: Well, maybe not exactly portable->console remasters, but yeah.

Edit2: That actually has me wondering what the plans for KH3D are, considering Nomura's quote on 'entire franchise playable in one place'

"Hey man, don't buy this FF anymore.I bought this game for my XB1 and it looked and played like SHIT! I am getting COD instead of FF15 its gonna suck like Type-0"

This game could lay the foundation for the gen, SE had to consider this when they decided to make this....Right guys? RIGHT ? :O

Well if it were priced properly it wouldn't be a big deal. Okami HD was a 15 dollar download.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

They slapped RPG Maker versions of FF5 and FF6 onto iOS and Android. Don't underestimate Square Enix.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Older games coming to new systems clearly labelled as a HD remaster is nothing new. Not this gen, not last gen.

Edit: Well, maybe not exactly portable->console remasters, but yeah.

MGS Peacewalker, God of War PSP games. Those are probably what people should be looking at in terms of what to expect here.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was actually going to bring up AC:Liberation as a bit more of what I'd expect, but that one did take quite a few extra developmental man-hours which, like I said last page, might not be the best choice if both KH3 and FFXV are going full throttle.

Shinta

Banned
I was actually going to bring up AC:Liberation as a bit more of what I'd expect, but that one did take quite a few extra developmental man-hours which, like I said last page, might not be the best choice if both KH3 and FFXV are going full throttle.

Liberation is also a Vita title, not a PSP title.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
MGS Peacewalker, God of War PSP games. Those are probably what people should be looking at in terms of what to expect here.

Has development started or was this simply an announcement ala Final Fantasy X HD?

Falk

that puzzling face
Liberation is also a Vita title, not a PSP title.

No, in terms of additional content, rebalancing, etc.

Unless your point is "ha ha vita was such a poor platform that Ubisoft decided to actually spend resources to port it off to recoup" which is quite the salt in the wound as far as this thread is concerned. D:

HeelPower

So stealth release ?
Well if it were priced properly it wouldn't be a big deal. Okami HD was a 15 dollar download.

A reasonable price isn't usually what SE does.

They slapped RPG Maker versions of FF5 and FF6 onto iOS and Android. Don't underestimate Square Enix.

But that's cellphone stuff.

When people buy next gen games they expect to satisfied by the visuals if not wowed.This game probably looks worse than FFX or XII when stretched on a big screen.

I really don't think SE would dare release such a game!

I just want this to be good man...We've all been waiting for a new release and I never played this game.Please be good please.

;_;

EDIT: Even if it never gets good treatment.I should just be happy they announced anything worthy at all this E3.

Shinta

Banned
No, in terms of additional content, rebalancing, etc.

Unless your point is "ha ha vita was such a poor platform that Ubisoft decided to actually spend resources to port it off to recoup" which is quite the salt in the wound as far as this thread is concerned. D:

I wasn't saying that at all. Ubisoft said Liberation was profitable for them, and even encouraged people to make more Vita games. My point was it's a whole generation ahead of Type-0, so it's not necessarily going to be the same kind of thing.

As far as additional content, that would be neat. I didn't know Liberation HD had any to be honest.

A reasonable price isn't usually what SE does.

Agito is free. Drakengard was $50. FFX HD was two games for the same price as Persona 4 Golden. Not all their stuff is super expensive.

Had I been given the choice between a Type-0 port or an HD remaster, I'd have chosen the HD remaster, so I'm pretty darn pumped about this news. Also, very excited to get my hooks into Agito, surprisingly. I've been dying for an engaging Final Fantasy phone game.

Out of curiosity, has anyone asked SE why the Vita wasn't considered for Type-0 also (aside from SE being stubborn or Vita being dead) since FFX/X-2HD did decent on it when it came out?

Especially since some are saying this port won't reach to such a visual level for it to stay only on next gen consoles.

HeelPower

Agito is free. Drakengard was $50. FFX HD was two games for the same price as Persona 4 Golden. Not all their stuff is super expensive.

Agito = Insane microtransactions probably.Same with all japanese F2P shit.

Drakengard. you can't honestly expect to sell that kind of game full price. It doesn't have the brand nor the production values to justify $60 or ,in canada's case,$70.Plus the game has tons of DLC.

FFX HD was very well priced, I agree,

Shinta

Banned
Agito = Insane microtransactions probably.Same with all japanese F2P shit.
I'm a bit optimistic about it actually after reading this. Doesn't seem nearly as bad as some of the worst offenders, despite clearly having higher production values.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-agito-is-the-most-fun-i-ve-had-with-a-fre-1588400337

In the end, Final Fantasy Agito is far beyond what I expected going in. It has entertaining and strategy-filled battles, an evolving plot and characters, and tons of back-end customization. Best of all, while I can see how buying things with real money would make playing a bit easier, I don't feel totally outclassed as a person who has bought nothing—a first in a freemium title for me. Final Fantasy Agito is a game that has earned a place on my phone and is one I plan to continue to play for the foreseeable future—and that's possibly the highest recommendation I can give.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You know since I haven't followed much on FF Agito, is GILGAMESH in that one. Or is no one far enough in the game yet?

HeelPower

I'm a bit optimistic about it actually after reading this. Doesn't seem nearly as bad as some of the worst offenders, despite clearly having higher production values.

Its looking to be one of the better F2P games but that has to be tested in practice.

They're remaking its entire graphics from scratch.

This is 100% not happening. It's going to be an upscale with a few upgraded textures/models and some effects slapped on top. Consider the scope of FFX (some redone music, some upgraded models, a little extra localization to cover content that the previous US release didn't have, a layer of added polish.) This is going to come in somewhere underneath that.

KtSlime

Yes you can. Your previous post is ridicilous and I 'm perplexed why you decided to reply to me with it. " It's 200,000 because this website for creating petitions is about real problems, not kids who don't get what they want on Christmas." wtf

I replied to your question about the 200,000 minimum. I guess that's just the default not the minimum, but I've never heard of a change.org petition with a smaller number of signers. I am sorry but I was apparently mistaken.

I don't know what's ridiculous about thinking this website shouldn't have it's resources used to make frivolous petitions. But I am aware of other stupid petitions on the website, so no need to display them as precedent.

I hope this platform helps you guys get what you want.

Biker19

Banned
Why should vita owners get credit over psp owners?

PSP's just about dead now.

This. If Square-Enix knows what's good for them, they won't be lazy with this remaster.

linkboy

So you are saying that almost dead platforms should not get the game released on them even if the owners of those platforms claim they are the reason the game is being released in the West?

The bigger issue with the PSP is the piracy issue. It's so easy to install a cfw on a PSP and download a game. Sony knows it and Square knows it.

A PSP release of the game would pretty much just be a waste of money since people (not everyone) would just pirate it (hell, not everyone who's playing the translation patch imported it).

Had the Vita been selling better, it probably would be receiving a port of the game, but it's not. Even Sony barely acknowledges the thing exists (we just had the biggest game show of the year, and Sony ignored it).

So what's this?

jK8FhCC.jpg

LuuKyK

So what's this?

jK8FhCC.jpg

? I dont get it. Thats exactly what Kagari implied. A port of a PSP game just like MGS and GOW, not a complete remake with remade graphics like some people are expecting. And thats fine with me honestly. Just to get the chance to play the game in some form is already a profit imo.

Skilletor

? I dont get it. Thats exactly what Kagari implied. A port of a PSP game just like MGS and GOW, not a complete remake with remade graphics like some people are expecting. And thats fine with me honestly. Just to get the chance to play the game in some form is already a profit imo.

That's not what an HD port of Type -0 looks like. That screen implies redone graphics.

I replied to your question about the 200,000 minimum. I guess that's just the default not the minimum, but I've never heard of a change.org petition with a smaller number of signers. I am sorry but I was apparently mistaken.

I don't know what's ridiculous about thinking this website shouldn't have it's resources used to make frivolous petitions. But I am aware of other stupid petitions on the website, so no need to display them as precedent.

I hope this platform helps you guys get what you want.

I don't think you should worry about what resources this website actually has to spend to log the people that "virtually sign" the petitions. I doubt they have bandwidth issues.

Every game related petition I've seen required less than 200k except gta v. Anyway I dont expect this petition to actually change anything, Sony knows on which platforms we want it by now, if they couldn't get it to Vita, something is wrong with the SE side.

Pretty shitty looking cg.

It looks "in-game", not cg, and if it was cg, it would be really bad looking. Who knows, though, maybe they are using the same models, just touched up considerably. I mean, if you look at the models used in Agito, they look pretty damn good. I'm sure they could add a bit more detail to those ones for Type-0 HD and it would make the PSP models look like crap.

And even if it's just a few details and touch ups, if it's at the very least matching THIS(but in HD), then we've already won!:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So what's this?

jK8FhCC.jpg

A target graphical style they would like to achieve with this HD version. Or bullshit. Going by that HD GILGAMESH would be super awesome and super detailed. Not gonna fool myself though.

The behemoth really has no right to be there though. Random Behemoths don't show up in these area's at all. Seems like a few HD models were just placed there.

GreenFear

Banned
I want a trailer.

So how good is this game, exactly ? Is it a true Final Fantasy ? Is it on the level of pre-XIII games ? Does it feel like a subpar spin-off ?

Could someone please answer this question ^ ? What is this game about exactly, and how does it compare to other final fantasy games?

My biggest concern is how does this fit into the release schedules for FF15 and KH3? Is this a move to get Type-0 out quickly and more easily as a stop gap to the first true FF on the next gen consoles? Makes me concerned we won't be seeing FF15 released for an even longer time than its already ridiculously delayed timeline.

Wagram

I love how people are downplaying the quality of Type-0 just because it's a PSP game on a PS4 or XOne. Apparently that makes it a bad experience?

Jumping ship...worst game ever.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I want a trailer.

So how good is this game, exactly ? Is it a true Final Fantasy ? Is it on the level of pre-XIII games ? Does it feel like a subpar spin-off ?

Very good. True Final Fantasy is subjective. Blows the XIII games out of the water IMO. Subpar? Pfft.

Besides GILGAMESH is in it. Nuff said.

KoopaTheCasual

It started following the completion of Agito.
The fact that they're already working on it in some capacity shocks me greatly. I fully expected this to be a simultaneous announcement, as they just made the decision to do this on the same day.

Perhaps your cynicism is rubbing off on me, Kagari.
My biggest concern is how does this fit into the release schedules for FF15 and KH3? Is this a move to get Type-0 out quickly and more easily as a stop gap to the first true FF on the next gen consoles? Makes me concerned we won't be seeing FF15 released for an even longer time than its already ridiculously delayed timeline.
My fear as well. Makes me think that production of FF15 is slipping, and they need something to fill unexpected hole in their holiday 2015 lineup =/

Blader

I love how people are downplaying the quality of Type-0 just because it's a PSP game on a PS4 or XOne. Apparently that makes it a bad experience?

Jumping ship...worst game ever.

No, just a different one from what you'd expect of a console FF title. Obviously, how Square (or anyone) makes a game for the PSP is going to differ greatly from how they make a console game in the same franchise. That doesn't mean it's bad, just something designed for portable that's now being played on something not portable.

Top Bottom