• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats ps4 announcement conference and this one, square just completely shat on playstation fans. Its just like that old battered wife staying with that drunk slob of a man she calls a husband "but he used to be so sweet and kind, he's still the same"......no sweetie no.

My neighbors must be thinking that I've lost my mind considering how loud I'm laughing right now. I'm literally in tears that SE would pull such a hard troll move like this at a major Sony event LOL!

Who thought this was a good idea ? honest question

MPKTf.gif

Rocky

Banned
I guess that means PS1 emulation on PS4 isn't coming anytime soon.

I wouldn't say that. If Sony announces PS1 emulation, SE could just not license the PSOne version for PS4 right away. There's already quite a few PSOne classics I can play on my PS3 but not my Vita.

teiresias

Anyone that seriously thought SE, the company that can't get games out in a timely manner on anything but mobile, actually was going to stealth announce and show a trailer for a remastered PS4 FFVII was deluding themselves, even after they flashed the FFVII logo on the screen.

I'm just surprised Sony keeps allowing Square Enix to get up there and embarrass themselves and the Playstation platform by doing these kinds of announcements.

I think the trend is clear, if Hashimoto is making an announcement you're not getting crap. You'll only see anything remotely of note if a game director is on stage.

inner-G

Banned
Thats ps4 announcement conference and this one, square just completely shat on playstation fans. Its just like that old battered wife staying with that drunk slob of a man she calls a husband "but he used to be so sweet and kind, he's still the same"......no sweetie no.
Now I know how Sonic fans feel.

stryke

If SE thought this was necessary, it pretty much confirms Sony has little intention of PS1/PS2 emulation in the near future or ever.

One of the greatest unintentional trolls in press conference history, 9/10. Loses a point only for not being the final "one more thing..." announcement.

Betty

Banned
The worst part is THEY KNOW.

They KNOW people want a remake.

Ever since that Tech Demo for the PS3, there has been nothing but demands for a FFVII remake.

Both western and Japanese audiences want it.

They damn well KNOW people want a remake/remaster whatever, NOT a friggen PORT of the old game.

I just... cannot fathom it, I can't. Why would they do this?

Why not just show more about Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV if this is all you had? Showing either of those games alone would have brought you enormous goodwill and free publicity.

Why are you so out of touch Square?

Excitement was gaining momentum until about half way in when it hit a brick wall. I had almost sent out a text to some old friends who I though would be interested. Goddammit square. Funny as fuck, though.

Is it at least in widescreen? I don't mind getting past greats updated to look good on my HD, but the way they did this was amazingly heinous lol

Mengetsu

Ever since that Tech Demo for the PS3, there has been nothing but demands for a FFVII remake.

They damn well KNOW people want a remake/remaster whatever, NOT a friggen PORT of the old game.

Why not just show more about Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV if this is all you had? Showing either of those games alone would have brought you enormous goodwill and free publicity.

Please be excited..?

RPGCrazied

Is it at least in widescreen? I don't mind getting past greats updated to look good on my HD, but the way they did this was amazingly heinous lol

What do you think? The whole trailer was in a little box, and the end was in 4:3. You can probably answer this question on your own.

this is top tier trolling by square goddamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom