• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
B4MzcxICYAALVw-.png:large

megggaaaaatoooonnnn

Groodon

Neo Member
I FUCKING KNOW

THIS GUY

imaginebeinginthataudience.jpg

TOLD THIS GUY TO DO THIS

ps4finalfantasyyouuttertease-1361408235.jpg

SO HE GETS FIRED AND THIS GUY GETS HIS JOB AS FINAL FANTASY BRAND DIRECTOR

toriyama_final-fantasyxiii-2-525x273.jpg

HE WILL RETURN

Then he will remake it, and put youknowwho as main character instead of Cloud. What a mastermind.

Nzyme32

And here I am playing the PC port for the first time, and it isn't that bad, definitely playable. Although I am messing with the PC HD mods now which does make it a heck of a lot better, it is more a matter of adjusting to the older graphics, as is true for tons of older games.

Faustek

People raging over this...it isn't even curtains call yet...trust me on this but when Kojima hears this...his rage will be massive.

No one trolls better than Kojima, no one is allowed to even challenge him.
The retribution that will befall us all due to Hashimoto's trolling will shake the heavens, the Dragons of east are quivering in fear, the Ice Giants of the north are walking down the volcano to escape his rage no one is safe, everything between heaven and Earth will feel his wrath.

Phantom Pain 2015 pushed until 2016 exclusively for Ps Vita

How the hell did that Square Enix get through security carrying the deadliest shit of all time?

What an amazing moment. I don't think this troll will every be topped. It came across as either troll or absolute cluelessness. What a mindbender. They actually saved that for the ending time as a big bomb. That guy could have literally dropped trow, grinned ear to ear, spoke Martian, and crapped on a sign saying "Your Dream" and the reaction would be more positive.

What a joy to witness it unfold. Killed the whole show. Amazing mindbender. Amazing. We'll never know all the levels. Just can't go deep enough.

A Square Enix troll directed by Christopher Nolan.

HeelPower

Honestly, its good that SE continues to honor the original work.

I like that they're not constantly destroying the game and its legacy with cheap cash ins.

You guys may not realize it now,but this is probably the best treatment FF7 could get.

Bad remakes,and sequels are not needed.

A PS4 FF7 game on the magnitude of FFXV is not realistically feasible at SE and not needed.

Give us new stuff.

Only thing that would have been even better than this would be if they indeed announced a full remake but replaced Cloud Strife with Cloud Farron.

Undubbed

If I have to be CEfuckingO of Square of Japan JUST to get this thing made, then so be it.

BRB I'm gonna get cosmetic surgery to look Japanese and work my way to the TOP!

Meia

People saying it was silly to hope for a remake are kind of missing the point here.

You have a Sony conference, where games are being talked about left and right. You're a company that knows fans want a remake, somewhat badly. So you're bright idea is to take the stage, and then talk up the original game and have the logo, and you don't think people are going to jump to a reasonable conclusion?

Nah, this is on Square for being flat out stupid, and Sony for even allowing this to happen.

SPAW

Honestly, its good that SE continues to honor the original work.

I like that they're not constantly destroying the game and its legacy with cheap cash ins.

You guys may not realize it now,but this is probably the best treatment FF7 could get.

Bad remakes,and sequels are not needed.

A PS4 FF7 game on the magnitude of FFXV is not realistically feasible at SE and not needed.

Give us new stuff.

smartest post yet...

How the hell did that Square Enix get through security carrying the deadliest shit of all time?

What an amazing moment. I don't think this troll will every be topped. It came across as either troll or absolute cluelessness. What a mindbender. They actually saved that for the ending time as a big bomb. That guy could have literally dropped trow, grinned ear to ear, spoke Martian, and crapped on a sign saying "Your Dream" and the reaction would be more positive.

What a joy to witness it unfold. Killed the whole show. Amazing mindbender. Amazing. We'll never know all the levels. Just can't go deep enough.

A Square Enix troll directed by Christopher Nolan.

Lmao I'm dyying

lewisgone

Holy fucking shit it blows my goddamn mind that there are so many people who thought for even a second that it could be anything other than a port.

The FFVII logo is displayed on screen and Shinji Hashimoto has flown in to announce something. Everything about the announcement of FFVII coming to PS4 is vague until the trailer starts.

A FFVII remake was not expected today, but with that kind of setup is your mind seriously blown that people expected something a little grander? I get that it's fun to play the cynical person who's never wrong, but don't imply everyone else is an idiot for expecting something. I can only assume you didn't watch the show if you think yourself so above people's reactions.

Dark_castle

Hashimoto did a 13 hour flight just for this.

Apparently he has nothing better to do with his time.

Maybe visit some strip clubs.

No seriously, this had to be the dumbest "announcement" ever in history. Why would ANYONE in SE or Sony think it was a good idea to reveal a port of a port like it was a complete remake??

I just don't understand. It's like Square WANTS to make people hate them intentionally. Can someone tweet Shu to check what the fuck happened?

RPGCrazied

That would actually make me feel infinitely better about this

Do we even know what FF X|X-2 HD sales were? I know they said, depending on sales from that they would think about XII. Would be pretty easy to HD. Hell, it already looks awesome in HD through PCSX2.

anaron

As someone with no investment in a remake, anyone denying that the buildup was clearly framed to announce one is delusional.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
An HD 16:9 remaster with re-rendered full color BGs (wonder if they still have the files...) and Increased texture res and antialiasing doesn't seem like a huge undertaking but the company has different priorities.

The absolute worst part of this for me is that I never expected a PS4 remake of of FF7 to happen here. Not at all.

However it is absolutely my most wanted game.

Square comes on stage and I thought, oh this is that new JRPG thats been rumored. Cool Im interested. Then though, the fucking FF7 logo hits and Im just stunned, I cant fucking believe it. Its really happening. Then just a minute of absolute agonizing deflation.

Im done square...

Trevelyon

Isn't there a town hall style Q&A coming up? I hope Boyes and co. get hammered on why they allowed this absolute horseshit on their stage.

This is just sad, they could've at least worked on the graphics to bring them up to late PS2 levels...at least make everyone look humanoid not like popeye on the world map

Betty

Banned
People raging over this...it isn't even curtains call yet...trust me on this but when Kojima hears this...his rage will be massive.

No one trolls better than Kojima, no one is allowed to even challenge him.
The retribution that will befall us all due to Hashimoto's trolling will shake the heavens, the Dragons of east are quivering in fear, the Ice Giants of the north are walking down the volcano to escape his rage no one is safe, everything between heaven and Earth will feel his wrath.

Phantom Pain 2015 pushed until 2016 exclusively for Ps Vita

Kojima wouldn't want to top this, that amount of ether released into the atmosphere would be dangerous.

And joking about MGSV release date is too raw right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom