• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugna

The collective hopes of FF7 fans rose very high this day, only to be chopped down in just a 1 min trailer.

HeelPower

5ourAab.jpg

lol pretty excellent.

Daffy Duck

Before I decide how different is the PC version? What's this about music being sorted?

I was hyped as hell as I didn't realise it was a port from the PC....

Jamie OD

I bet the Square Enix guy is right now walking out the building whistling a joyful tune and thinking he did a job well done.

kaskade

I was just waiting for the transition to be like "now with enhanced graphics" or whatever. Once it got to a certain point I was just sad.

The worst part is THEY KNOW.

They KNOW people want a remake.

Ever since that Tech Demo for the PS3, there has been nothing but demands for a FFVII remake.

Both western and Japanese audiences want it.

They damn well KNOW people want a remake/remaster whatever, NOT a friggen PORT of the old game.

I just... cannot fathom it, I can't. Why would they do this?

Why not just show more about Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV if this is all you had? Showing either of those games alone would have brought you enormous goodwill and free publicity.

Why are you so out of touch Square?

I said it in the keynote thread but yeah the game itself coming to PS4 isn't a bad thing, but giving it it's own segment like that is pretty tone deaf, like the Conker and Vib Ribbon things from MS and Sony last E3. You have to know how people are going to react to the way these things are presented. They should have just stuck the announcement in with the Gio Corsi stuff or something.

Sony trotting out SE at pressers feels like Vince McMahon bringing Hulk Hogan back to WWE. You know his best days are behind him, you know there's a high chance that he's going to disappoint, but dammnit if he's not still a big name and a draw.

HolyJonte

Biggest trolling ever! How can they treat the best game ever like that!?

Question: Wich PC version of the game? Was it the old one or the new with that remixed music etc?

Dissapointment but will be fun to play for the trophies!

Mengetsu

Really though who thought square was gonna remake this game when they can't get FF15 out the door yet?! Lower expectations people.

-GOUKI-

This is the an unprecedented amount of disappointment. I've never been so killed by a gaming announcement ever. Fuck you Square Enix.

Foffy

Banned
It's probably up there as one of the biggest trolls ever. ):

The fact they thought people wanted a fucking port just astounds me. But that just shows how absolutely out of touch this company is, in almost every conceivable way.

Go_Ly_Dow

I FUCKING KNOW

THIS GUY

imaginebeinginthataudience.jpg

TOLD THIS GUY TO DO THIS

ps4finalfantasyyouuttertease-1361408235.jpg

SO HE GETS FIRED AND THIS GUY GETS HIS JOB AS FINAL FANTASY BRAND DIRECTOR

toriyama_final-fantasyxiii-2-525x273.jpg

HE WILL RETURN

t0rment

One of the greatest unintentional trolls in press conference history, 9/10. Loses a point only for not being the final "one more thing..." announcement.

nobody would convince me that this was unintentional, they did this knowing the hype, and they did in a way that would resemble a remake.

Bollocks

Let's recap
Square Enix got on stage!! to announce that they were bringing a game from 1997 straight up to the PS4, no remaster or anything, straight up port, god damn

meanwhile other devs remaster their ps1 games(without going on stage for it), let that sink in for a moment lmao
square doesn't give a fuck.

Hashimoto did a 13 hour flight just for this.

Apparently he has nothing better to do with his time.

they should have honestly just had a video from Japan announcing it. What was the fucking point of flying there to announce a port of a game that's available in other fucking consoles/devices?

thuway

People looking for a remake were only hurting themselves on the inside.

Yeah your right. Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy Remaster, AND the Last Guardian, people weren't expecting a conference- they were expecting some sort of Earth Shattering Miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom