• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - German/French dubs announced, Lat.Am Spanish/BrazilPortuguese text

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn Square Enix is going all in on this one. This all pretty impressive as I originally thought it was just subtitles but doing actual VA for all these different languages is genuinely impressive! Bravo!

Ydelnae

Woah, this is great. I hope it pays off so they start trusting in more localizations like these in the future. I could be the only person wanting them to dub the game in spanish after everyone criticized the Kingdom Hearts 2 spanish dub for being "bad" (even though it's one of the best spanish dubs I've ever heard), but I really don't mind the english/japanese voices.

People on twitter are losing their shit thinking that this means that there won't be an european spanish translation though. For what I understood, the game will have both castilian and latin spanish localizations.

Mariip

I think the thread title should be updated to "FFXV will be localized in many languages".
I kinda disagree... We've had a lot of SE games localized for german, french and spanish, Brazilian portuguese is huge news since they've never done it aside for a couple of iOS ports...(latin american spanish is a huge thing too, though)
They could add the french and german dubs to the title so it doesn't get too many threads, but the headline is the latin american market

Sblargh

Banned
Starcraft 2 had amazing br localization and people said it sounded like the notoriosuly awkward movie dubs that are common on brazillian afternoon TV.

I expect the same kind of negativity.

I kinda disagree... We've had a lot of SE games localized for german, french and spanish, Brazilian portuguese is huge news since they've never done it aside for a couple of iOS ports...(latin american spanish is a huge thing too, though)
They could add the french and german dubs to the title so it doesn't get too many threads, but the headline is the latin american market

This is the first time a Final Fantasy game (and probably a Square Japan game) will have a localized dub in a language other than English.

This is big news.

Ydelnae

Latin American dub too?! Or just text its not clear.

If it is, thats impressive :O

The game will be dubbed to Japanese, English, German and French. Two new text localizations have been announced today: brazilian portuguese and latin spanish, which differs from the already announced spanish localization.

Setsu00

Someone on Twitter suggested that Prompto's Japanese voice actor (Tetsuya Kakihara) should also voice him in the German version since he grew in Germany and is actually fluent in the language. It would be incredibly funny, but I doubt they're going to do that.

This is the first time in my entire life that I am giddy with excitement because of an announcement of a dub. Hahaha! Only Final Fantasy could do that to me.

oimori

No idea, they would only comment to me about the German version.

hmm... I thought they said that including dual audio was difficult because of a capacity of Blu-ray disk(and planed to release language DLC) in ATR, so if German version can include three different languages' full-size audio, two would be easy...

Kouriozan

HOLY SHIT, just learned about the various DUB
First time ever Final Fantasy will have French dub, wow wow wow.
If it's as good as Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 it'll be amazing.

Obviously any Gaffer posting here is fluent in english so how many of you will be playing FFXV with a different dub/sub track than English?

I've been playing game in English all my life in part because there was no other option and in part because I know the language. As I grew up more games came translated into some form of spanish (usually european Spanish more than Latin) but I stuck with English always since many times it was the original language or at least english was worked closely with the Japanese original while other languages were an afterthought.

So, with that said, I'm excited to see the Latin American market getting big enough for companies to care and getting our own text translation is very good! But I'll stick with English... I'll be too confused by terms and spell names in Spanish to make it worthwhile.

Who's sticking to English and who's playing it in Spanish/Japanese/French/German/Italian/Portuguese/Russian?

yoonshik

I'll wait for the spanish dub. Tabata you can do it.

Woah, this is great. I hope it pays off so they start trusting in more localizations like these in the future. I could be the only person wanting them to dub the game in spanish after everyone criticized the Kingdom Hearts 2 spanish dub for being "bad" (even though it's one of the best spanish dubs I've ever heard), but I really don't mind the english/japanese voices.

People on twitter are losing their shit thinking that this means that there won't be an european spanish translation though. For what I understood, the game will have both castilian and latin spanish localizations.
That's because Sora = Ash. For some reason people hate Adolfo's voice. I think it was okay though.

UrbanRats

OMG

https://youtu.be/0gZhRXD86rU

Edit: typo in the title, I meant announcement lol

Edit 2: Full localization confirmed for Germany (text and voice) and text localization confirmed for Brazil and the rest of Latin America. (So, brazilian portuguese and Latin Spanish.)

I just hope i can play it with JPN voice overs.
The English ones sounded atrocious so far, and the ones from my country would be even worse, likely.

Obviously any Gaffer posting here is fluent in english so how many of you will be playing FFXV with a different dub/sub track than English?

I've been playing game in English all my life in part because there was no other option and in part because I know the language. As I grew up more games came translated into some form of spanish (usually european Spanish more than Latin) but I stuck with English always since many times it was the original language or at least english was worked closely with the Japanese original while other languages were an afterthought.

So, with that said, I'm excited to see the Latin American market getting big enough for companies to care and getting our own text translation is very good! But I'll stick with English... I'll be too confused by terms and spell names in Spanish to make it worthwhile.

Who's sticking to English and who's playing it in Spanish/Japanese/French/German/Italian/Portuguese/Russian?

I am playing that shit in French, yo!

I cannot believe how excited I am for a fucking dub, hahahaha.

FF14 is already multi language dub.

The voices were in English when I played last year. Unless my memory is terribly wrong, but I don't think it is.

Well, I am very excited that a mainline Final Fantasy game will be dubbed in French for the first time! I pray that the dub will be of quality.

Top Bottom