• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - German/French dubs announced, Lat.Am Spanish/BrazilPortuguese text

Infest

German dubs can be really hit or miss. We have extremely good voice actors here but unfortunately mediocre dubs are still the standard for videogames. If they get the right actors it can be really good though.

Hoping for the best. My first playthrough will be in Japanese nevertheless. :)

I know, but it shouldn't have. XI should have been called Final Fantasy Online and XIV, Online 2. They are MMOs, which "mainline" FFs are not.

giphy.gif

Doesn't matter whether it should or shouldn't have... IT IS ONE so that's all that matters

Begaria

Nice. Man. We're only a week away from the event. Finally, we're going to be closing this chapter of Final Fantasy history.

Mariip

I know, but it shouldn't have. XI should have been called Final Fantasy Online and XIV, Online 2. They are MMOs, which "mainline" FFs are not.
have you even played FFXIV?:| It's the best FF game since XII, please don't do this :|

It's really nice they are doing french/german dubs for a non mmo FF tho, but since XIV alteady had them it would be only natural for XV to have them too(unless the sales were really low)

Koozek

I'll stick to English obviously, can't stand Japanese Anime-style dubs anymore and German dubs in games are wack as hell most of the time. The actors tend to do their typical German, drama school-style over-acting and -pronunciation.

I mean, FFXV's English dub wasn't good either so far, though, so who knows... maybe even the German cast will have better voices (especially curious to hear Prompto and Noctis) :D

Ray Down

Banned

Ugh, does it really matter if they are MMOs?

What about FFXIV disqualify it from being a mainline final fantasy game?

This reminds me of people saying FF15 isn't a real FF game cause it not turned based/ATB.

Russian subtitles as well.
The very first game in the series to be officially subbed.
I wonder about the quality of localization. We had official translations which just transcribe english spell names into russian, sounding like complete gibberish to new players and hilarious for veterans.

Mariip

Btw I'll play with the japanese dub, if the texts in portuguese are well made I think i'll stick with them, it's not how I usually play my games but I gotta appreciate their effort :)

I'll stick to English obviously, can't stand Japanese Anime-style dubs anymore and German dubs in games are wack as hell most of the time. The actors tend to do their typical German, drama school-style over-acting and -pronunciation.

I mean, FFXV's English dub wasn't good either so far, though, so who knows... maybe even the German cast will have better voices (especially curious to hear Prompto and Noctis) :D

I am curious to hear the improvements for the English dubs since we haven't seen any progress since Duscae so in a week we will find out I guess!

I am curious to hear the improvements for the English dubs since we haven't seen any progress since Duscae so in a week we will find out I guess!

Square has already amassed some goodwill with this game. If they announce that they rerecorded Igni's lines so he doesn't sound like a butler, they will have gone above and beyond the call. It would be fantastic, indeed.

Koozek

???
I see no Italian does that mean that we don't get the subs/dubs?
I'm not sure, but didn't all FFs since FFVII have Italian subs? These special announcements were done because they were firsts for mainline, single-player FFs. Italian text is normal, that's why there's no special video, I guess.

NSESN

Btw I'll play with the japanese dub, if the texts in portuguese are well made I think i'll stick with them, it's not how I usually play my games but I gotta appreciate their effort :)

I'm thinking of doing that too, i will either play the game in english or Japanese with pt/br text

I'm curious how much lighter they made Noctis voice compared to the demo.

But this is great news though! I can't believe we are one step closer to everything (release date, announcements, ect.)

Latin American spanish is great news, I cant stand Spain spanish on my videogames, might be the first game in a long time that I play a game in spanish.

RavenH2

Latin America? That's great, thou I'm not so sure about hearing the same actors who do Goku/Seiya/Vegeta/Shiru/TheSimpsons as Noctis and company.

Because, let's face it, they are going to be hired for sure to dub the game.

It's a great choice, but I'll be keeping them in english or japanese

Square has already amassed some goodwill with this game. If they announce that they rerecorded Igni's lines so he doesn't sound like a butler, they will have gone above and beyond the call. It would be fantastic, indeed.

True! That and Noctis's batman voice. Also curious to hear other VAs like Regis, Cor, and others. Since we haven't heard Regis or Cor in English.

Final Fantasy XV - This is a fantasy based on nationality

lol I see what you did there

Mariip

I have, and yes, it is great. I don't know why you interpreted my comment as a slight against the game's quality.
well, i assumed that since whenever people say it shouldn't be a mainline game, they do it because they don't think XIV "deserves" to be one just because it's online...you could ditch some of the MMO parts and the game would still make a solid rpg, i don't think it deserves that kind of prejudice, that's what makes people upset when you say things like that...
Awesome! Shame for no European Portuguese, though...

I'd still play it in English so w/e :D
I remember when the games had only PT-PT text/dubs and it was a nightmare to me, so yeah, it's a shame, PT-PT and PT-BR are just too damn different.. haha

I wonder about the quality of localization. We had official translations which just transcribe english spell names into russian, sounding like complete gibberish to new players and hilarious for veterans.

I for one will play in English.
Always have.
Russian localizations are usually from average to shit tier.
I mean, at lest our players are able to understand how to play games and are willing to buy them with subs.

Always have.
I mean, at lest our players are able to understand how to play games and are willing to buy them with subs.

Did previous FF titles were translated in russian ?

Link_enfant

As a french gamer and FF series fan, I think that those news are just as surprising as they're amazing. Thanks, Hajime Tabata.
Just can't wait to pre order the LE of this very promising game and listen to the french dub!

bummer :(

Love how Naughty Dog has Turkish in their games. Wish they would do the same for Greek (VA).
Yes, Sony first party has been doing very well with Turkish support.

Sorry to hear of Greek audio not being in Uncharted. I recall seeing Greek text on GT5 though!

What the fuck. Final Fantasy in german. What the fuck. I hope I can change midgame, I want to try it out, the english dub so far is mediocre.

Zexen

So, does it mean we have a chance to get KH3 in different dubs? I actually miss Donald Reignoux as Sora's voice.

Latin America? That's great, thou I'm not so sure about hearing the same actors who do Goku/Seiya/Vegeta/Shiru/TheSimpsons as Noctis and company.

Because, let's face it, they are going to be hired for sure to dub the game.

It's a great choice, but I'll be keeping them in english or japanese

Don't get too excited (I'd sure as hell be if I hear Mario Castañeda or René García in my FFXV) this is just LatAm text and subs. FFXV will have english, japanese, french and german dubs "only".

Mariip

Always have.
Brazilian localizations used to be like this, now they seem to have improved a lot in some games because of popular complaints and more investment i guess, i don't play my games in portuguese so i'm not sure, i remember MK9 being specially bad(i won't even talk about MKX and max payne 3...)
I'm curious to see how SE will handle it since it's their first AAA game to do that, i'm really hoping they focus on quality and do a decent job :/

Top Bottom