• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Hands-On Demo (Chapter 0-3) Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teletraan1

Banned
Previews are generally positive about every game. The wired preview even praised the demos which were shit, opinions and all. Reviews will be telling and the post release honeymoon will be even more so. I don't think I am going to even consider this game until a PC release so I will have plenty of time to know if it is shit or good.

21XX

Banned
Jeesh, I hope this game is good and all and that people enjoy it, but some of you folks need to calm down when people drop some negative opinions on it. The amount of bickering in this thread is embarrassing.

Ralemont

not me
That's fine with me (car on rails) since it'd probably be shit to control in the wilderness compared to chocobos. Like, worse than Roach.

So the benefit of using the car is that it can be automatic and its the fastest land option.
However, it can't go off road. The alternative is using the chocobo which can go anywhere and even fight with you, but its not as fast. Then theres the airship which is acquired late in the game and can fly anywhere with the only drawback being that you can't land anywhere.

Am I understanding this correctly?

『Inaba Resident』;213975387 said:
So the benefit of using the car is that it can be automatic and its the fastest land option.
However, it can't go off road. The alternative is using the chocobo which can go anywhere and even fight with you, but its not as fast. Then theres the airship which is acquired late in the game and can fly anywhere with the only drawback being that you can't land anywhere.

It seens that's so.

I hope Dawg actually goes and finishes a write up of the game soon. I'm curious about what his visual and voice complaints are.

Good to hear he thinks the combat is getting better too though.

『Inaba Resident』;213975387 said:

Yup there's also a boat but that seems on rails and probably only used to get to altissia. O and chocobos can get you across water apparently

notaskwid

Gotta be exceptions tho right? If we need the airship for certain places unless everything has a road
Hm well, I'm imagining there will be some kind of landing points if they don't want to put a road in certain places. Like Chocobos can only land on forests like the older games and you can only access them if you get the golden chocobo, maybe some kind of upgrade.

Hm well, I'm imagining there will be some kind of landing points if they don't want to put a road in certain places. Like Chocobos can only land on forests like the older games and you can only access them if you get the golden chocobo, maybe some kind of upgrade.
That makes sense too which opens up another question.... if I leave the car in duscae and go riding on a chocobo to another region.........do I gotta ride all the way back to the car Xp

Ishida

Banned
That makes sense too which opens up another question.... if I leave the car in duscae and go riding on a chocobo to another region.........do I gotta ride all the way back to the car Xp

I believe Tabata mentioned you could have Cindy to get the car towed to your location.

Nags

Banned
Paid previews confirmed.

2016-08-1718_05_08-damaun2.png

Must be running at a lower or dynamic res. Giving it that muddy, last gen look.

Car never looked like it controlled great. It's probably used more like a way to traverse while taking in the scenery. I bet there will be an auto-drive.

I'll chalk up the unresponsive controls to just the lack of practice with it. But from the 2 demos, it certainly doesn't feel good.

Sound issues are lame, hopefully resolved by release.

This game needs to be polished at the very least. What I don't understand is why SE decided to go overboard with a game that clearly cannot perform on current gen consoles smoothly. They could have went with a stronger art direction as opposed to pushing technical detail. Made it work within the bounds. Versus never looked like it was going to run properly on last gen and then they make this game that looks like its barely running well on current gen.

wmlk

You could get away with extremely detailed character animation that's ultimately unresponsive if it's a turn-based game, but it's problematic if it's an action game.

I don't think that there's lag between input and what you see on the screen...it's just that it feels like some attacks take different times to inflict any damage. It creates an inconsistency. Warping for example is totally fine and snappy.

Or you know what, I really don't know. I was coming off KH 3D when I played Platinum Demo and it felt fine, and I forget which parts bothered me.

notaskwid

I believe Tabata mentioned you could have Cindy to get the car towed to your location.
That and I'm pretty sure there will be some auto travel solution like a teleport or something.
I actually wonder if it'll be possible to travel between regions by chocobo (once the game opens up).

Nice hearing positive reception from the press. I had my problems with episode duscae, but saw some good in it. I liked the Platinum demo (the combat at the end, that is) and the other stuff I've seen since is nice, so I expect the game will be decently enjoyable. I don't expect greatly positive reception, but I expect it to at least be decent.

chozen

Are there more previews coming?

Tabata said during an interview with IGN at E3 that at the next major event they would be showcasing Leviathan.

This seems like a major event and some new stuff is still coming out like brotherhood did today. GC doesn't end for a few days.

LowParry

With what they're showing, I don't think we really need a trailer. But sure if they want to give one up, do it.

I got thrown off by that too lol.
With the 1000gil you have, you can buy a lot of potions and gear for all of them, hope that changes lol.
Alil op potions heal half your health right? I think that's what the info said. I might not ask for a discount lol made it the easy option was able to buy a bunch a weapons for everybody right of the bat too

Akainu

PSY・S;213870336 said:
Ishida already ruined it. Shouldn't have brought it up at all :p

Fake edit: What Falk said.

Edit: Holy shit I mean Lifejumper. MY B LOL.
It's ok they are staring to bleed into each other. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom