• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

That would explain it.
Check my edit, I dont think this is a comparison between PS4 and Pro. I think its a comparison between Pro modes.

That is what I said too. The PS4 PRO version doesn't seem to be rendered in a resolution higher than 1080p even in "High Image Quality Mode", that is why you won't be getting supersampling.

valkyre

Just a heads up guys. Don't forget that the PS4 Pro comparisons are of the 2 Pro modes and not OG to Pro.

The Image quality setting is exclusive to the PS4 Pro so both High quality and Lightweight settings could have benefits compared to the OG.

It seems the Light setting is an uncapped Framerate at 1080p while High quality is 30fps at 1080p with better lighting, AA, AO etc. As far as we know the OG has a dynamic resolution so even the light setting will have IQ benefits over the OG.

In short we need to have an OG/Light/High comparison in order to get a better idea of what benefits the Pro brings.

Edit: Beaten by a Bandersnatch.

Is it confirmed anywhere that the high resolution mode of FFXV demo on Pro is not 4K/checkerboard/whatever? And instead its just an upscale of 1080p?

Venom Fox

Banned
Is it confirmed anywhere that the high resolution mode of FFXV demo on Pro is not 4K/checkerboard/whatever? And instead its just an upscale of 1080p?
Not that I've seen. A few users a couple pages back said it doesn't seem to be checkerboard on their 4K sets though. They think it's simply up scaling from 1080p.

Slaythe

Well, what I can confirm is that both modes run at the exact same resolution.

I can't tell which one it is, but it does looks like 1080p.

Especially compared to regular ps4 shots.

MilkBeard

Now that I think about it, that trailer in the demo is really hyping me up. It has the right imagery, especially toward the end--things I usually expect to see in a good Final Fantasy. Can't wait to play this damned game. Just 18 days left :)

Falk

that puzzling face
The hair stuff is sharp enough on the aliasing that it's most likely 1080p (even on high) and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't.

edit: Er, misread that convo. Not entirely sure on the 4k setting.

valkyre

Well, what I can confirm is that both modes run at the exact same resolution.

I can't tell which one it is, but it does looks like 1080p.

Especially compared to regular ps4 shots.

Thanks, this makes perfect sense now. They will enable 4K I guess for the released product. So we are going to see proper comparisons by then. Hope that heavy gfx mode will retain all the visual upgrades when they add 4K resolution.

Shame tho, I am still waiting for FFXV to make me get a Pro or not. (reason why I still wait is that I have a 1080p tv and I want to see supersampling benefits and judge whether its worth it or not)

jett

D-Member
I had forgotten the comparisons are from two Pro-only modes, now it makes much more sense that the pictures are so close in image quality, if not virtually identical.

finalfantasyxvjudgmengfp2c.png

XbU6hyp.png

78pTwzk.png

This looks hideous at "4K." They didn't bother redoing the HUD for 4K displays either. I have little doubt it's being upscaled from 1080p or something rather close by.

Gbraga

Majority of my work was after I moved back to Malaysia to manage my company's new Malaysian branch.

But prior to that, yeah, in quite a few of the Boston sessions

HurJjRDl.jpg

We did KH2.5 too so it's not a new thing haha. She's a fun person to work with. Very, VERY particular about her music!

This is so cool TT_TT

Thank you for all of your work in this game's beautiful music. You're an inspiration to all of us TT_TT

I had forgotten the comparisons are from two Pro-only modes, now it makes much more sense that the pictures are so close in image quality, if not virtually identical.

finalfantasyxvjudgmengfp2c.png

This looks hideous at "4K." They didn't bother redoing the HUD for 4K displays either. I have little doubt it's being upscaled from 1080p or something rather close by.

But aren't all the games that support PS4 PRO mandated to render the UI in native 4K? The PS4 unlocked 1 GB of GDDR5 by adding 1 GB DDR3 for the apps: 512 MB are 100% automatically dedicated to rendering the UI in native 4K while the other 512 MB are up to the devs and what they can do with it.

jett

D-Member
But aren't all the games that support PS4 PRO mandated to render the UI in native 4K? The PS4 unlocked 1 GB of GDDR5 by adding 1 GB DDR3 for the apps: 512 MB are 100% automatically dedicated to rendering the UI in native 4K while the other 512 MB are up to the devs and what they can do with it.

Never read of such a mandate. And in any case, one of the "mandates" is that every game released in the second half of September and later had to support the Pro, and that certainly didn't come to pass, so it's best to forget about those leaked rules.

Burbeting

Banned
I handed dino the stone... what now? The mission objective is still on him, and when I talk to him he says something... but obviously I don't have the foggiest what I should do now. Help?

//Never mind, had to talk to him multiple times for some reason.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
That is what I said too. The PS4 PRO version doesn't seem to be rendered in a resolution higher than 1080p even in "High Image Quality Mode", that is why you won't be getting supersampling.
The way it's resolving sub pixel detail such as the powerlines makes it look like it is supersampling, or at least using an incredible AA method.

Xater

I still don't think I actually enjoy playing this game though. The combat really doesn't grab me. I mean I know it's put on easy mode, but it's all I can judge the game by right now. To be fair I never though Kingdom hearts combat was much fun either.

Venom Fox

Banned
I still don't think I actually enjoy playing this game though. The combat really doesn't grab me. I mean I know it's put on easy mode, but it's all I can judge the game by right now.
Don't forget that the full game includes a classic-ish "wait mode". Can't wait to try both combat systems out!

Venom Fox

Banned
Is this Thread still only for the ps4?
It's a thread for the Demo. It's just that we've been discussing the Pro modes etc. You're more than welcome to post your impressions of the Xbox version! :)

In fact I'd like to hear some as my impressions of the graphics at EGX 2016 on XB1 weren't that great in general so I'd love to hear and see how it's been improved.

Burbeting

Banned
Finished the demo. It's definitely a much better showin than Duscae or Platinum Demo. The combat works well enough (my biggest gripe is the defend button being square, it's impossible to defend and move the camera at the same time). There were some graphical glitches (the sea was the worst offender by far...), but otherwise the game was quite the looker, even on OG PS4.

Finished the demo. It's definitely a much better showin than Duscae or Platinum Demo. The combat works well enough (my biggest gripe is the defend button being square, it's impossible to defend and move the camera at the same time). There were some graphical glitches (the sea was the worst offender by far...), but otherwise the game was quite the looker, even on OG PS4.
Change the controls to Setting B, it makes L1 defend :)

silva1991

Yeah still not feeling the combat. Every attack feels automated even when I mash.

Movement is much smoother than Duscae though so, there is that.

Gbraga

But I want attack on circle and defend on L1 :(.

Good to hear, though. I wasn't able to really look at the options in the demo, due to not knowing japanese.

Does it keep circle as attack?

This is actually the main reason I won't use it myself, haha.

Attack on square feels wrong.

Burbeting

Banned
Square and the right analogue stick are too close to each other, so trying to control both at the same time is awkward at best, outright horrible at worst.

Isn't that extra memory referring to the Dashboard UI, not any in game UI. That's how I took it.

Top Bottom