• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Logash

Anyone got a youtube link to the trailer that was suppose to be at the end of the demo. I love walking around the open world and playing with the combat but I want to experience the story missions when the actual game comes out.

Slaythe

Thanks, this makes perfect sense now. They will enable 4K I guess for the released product. So we are going to see proper comparisons by then. Hope that heavy gfx mode will retain all the visual upgrades when they add 4K resolution.

Shame tho, I am still waiting for FFXV to make me get a Pro or not. (reason why I still wait is that I have a 1080p tv and I want to see supersampling benefits and judge whether its worth it or not)

Oh you DO want a Pro, regardless of what 4K adds.

PuJYrxC.gif

Plus they are working on a speed mode aiming 1080p/60fps. Which might look worse but will feel much better.

Logash

Oh you DO want a Pro, regardless of what 4K adds.

PuJYrxC.gif

Plus they are working on a speed mode aiming 1080p/60fps. Which might look worse but will feel much better.

Wish I didn't notice the stutter as much in the quality mode. Eh, maybe it will be better at launch but as of right now I'm liking the higher framerate.

Playing on an OG PS4 and the game looks great. Not getting a Pro (I don't think) but I can see the jump in visuals. Very nice, those who have the pro are going to get some incredible captures once this officially launches.

is there a guide somewhere for this demo? I can't read literally any japanese but i've played all the demos so far so don't want to stop now :p

Tiduz

Eurogaime
game looks so awesome, when i turned on hdr it was WAY too bright tho, i dont understand japanese so i dunno if theres a brightness option, i wont play anymore cause im already convinced ill love it :D

_Legacy_

I'm tempted to map a JAP account to give this a try.

What are people's thoughts of the actual demo? I've checked a few backpages and only seen a few assessments so far.

I need more!!!

What are people's thoughts of the actual demo? I've checked a few backpages and only seen a few assessments so far.

I need more!!!

I've seen nothing but positive reactions so far...and that's not the total fucking FF fanboy in me speaking. I don't think I've seen anyone say 1 bad thing yet.

Athreous

I need more!!!

I tried it this morning and I loved it!

Yeah, gfx is a bit weird on normal ps4, but nothing that kills the game, and the fps/gameplay improvement is a plus!

I loved how the magic works, and the combat is so much better!

Can't wait for the final game, it'll be a blast! :D

PS. I had to go to work, so i'll start the demo again once I'm back home! :D

Made a japanese account, downloading the demo now, can't wait.

I want to experience how it feels compared to the Platinum demo.

Skilletor

This is the first game where the HDR totally wowed me. Everything is so lush and vibrant.

Demo felt amazing to play, too. Didn't want to play too much since I don't want to do it over again in a couple weeks.

Oh, and HOLY SHIT AT THIS MUSIC OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

brau

Will the game have HDR support?

Glancing over the thread some of the shots look awesome. Really tempted to play the demo, but we are so close to release already!!

I've seen at least a couple of people saying they didn't really like the combat at all.

Aw =/ that's too bad then...I missed all the initial stuff in this thread and haven't read through all the posts.

I do still think it's safe to say the impressions are overwhelmingly on the positive side though.

Certinty

Doesn't look great on the Pro but it looks good, way better than the previous 2 demos at least. Day 1 for sure.

Gbraga

Aw =/ that's too bad then...I missed all the initial stuff in this thread and haven't read through all the posts.

I do still think it's safe to say the impressions are overwhelmingly on the positive side though.

Oh yeah, definitely.

I can't wait to play this >_<

I'll take my sweet time messing around and exploring at the beginning, since "carefree roadtrip" is what's going on there. The lack of plot urgency to make me feel bad for fooling around will certainly help :p

Yeah when I first tried it it told me the cart icon on the PS store was called "Trap Card" though lmao. Ever since its worked perfectly.
Omg

--

On topic the depth of field is still really really bad and makes everything look much lower res than it actually is. It's such a bad implementation of it, it increases aliasing on elements that should be out of focus so much.

Stuart444

Question, there if more music for the Car right? I'm guessing we have to unlock more eventually.

I'm sure the list of music for the radio was bigger yeah?

Anyway I loved the demo and can't wait for the full game. It did give me a fright when
the Griffon work up though I managed to get away from it.

Anyone encounter the cactuar?

I was fighting some random enemies and one of them ran past me. Followed it, and then got my ass handed by 1000 needles. Amazing lol.

Xater

On topic the depth of field is still really really bad and makes everything look much lower res than it actually is. It's such a bad implementation of it, it increases aliasing on elements that should be out of focus so much.

Yep, I am not a fan of their aggressive use of depth of field either. Very bad implementation of the effect.

Venom Fox

Banned
Omg

--

Yeah I'm with you and Xater. The implementation isn't something to behold at all.
Anyone encounter the cactuar?

I was fighting some random enemies and one of them ran past me. Followed it, and then got my ass handed by 1000 needles. Amazing lol.
WOW I've only played about 20 mins due to it being 4am when I downloaded it. Going on a hunt tonight!

bigol

What does it ask the first time you start the demo? There are two options.

There definitely are some framepacing issues when rotating camera, it feels like Ds3 issues but less frequent. Even with this minor complaint this game has awesome graphics and it's mostly smooth. Noticed some weird graphic glitches that fixed itself,again nothing major.

EDIT lol,incredible timing asking that question.Thanks Hispanic.

Simo

Question, there if more music for the Car right? I'm guessing we have to unlock more eventually.

I'm sure the list of music for the radio was bigger yeah?

Anyway I loved the demo and can't wait for the full game. It did give me a fright when
the Griffon work up though I managed to get away from it.

Some vendors sell music tracks for the car and are present in the demo, so yeah there's more music!

jennetics

Question for you all, because I haven't been able to find a clear answer (maybe there isn't a clear answer yet):

When you're playing XV and you're running around the world, your team mates engage in random banter and notice points of interest. My question, if the VO is set up for Japanese, will I see the bantering/other comments subtitled? I fear I'll be missing out on some of those moments if I switch to Japanese VO with english subtitles.

KupoNut

The demo is so good and completely cleared my worries I had about the first chapter. Pretty amazed with how it holds up and how good it looks, even on a regular PS4. More people need to play this.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The demo is so good and completely cleared my worries I had about the first chapter. Pretty amazed with how it holds up and how good it looks, even on a regular PS4. More people need to play this.

as someone who built a high end PC instead of buying a Pro, this is good to hear

Ploid 3.0

Tried a little bit this morning, the tutorial. Unfortunately my PS4 tv has overscan and the combat UI (party health bars) is out of bounds. I'd have to switch around tvs for this game. Darnit.

BasilZero

This is great to hear.

I'm planning to buy it for my OG PS4 , not interested in get a Pro.

The combat does not feel great and I was defending it the whole time. I feel like Duscae was tighter and felt actually more direct and involved than this. Let's hope it's just the fact that I so far only powered through trash mobs.

I dig the gun, but goddamn it, please, patch better bullet effects, it barely feels like I am shooting at all half the time, because of how subtle the shooting effect is.

SkylineRKR

Looks and plays fine on OG PS4, much better than the previous demos.

Its just that the game itself doesn't really appeal to me yet.

Top Bottom