• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

SRV

Can you go fishing in the demo? Wanted to wait till full release to play, but I will download this if I can try the fishing lol

I know some people aren't feeling the combat, but man, when you're in the groove and are dealing with multiple enemies it feels so good. At one point (it was one of the Mesmerize hunts) it was very cool looking to see attacks, dodging, link skills, and warps becoming this sort of organic and fluid visual experience.

Also, once you get it, it feels great too. I don't think I took damage from anything until the dual horn fight when I mis-timed a dodge. Can't wait to play more of this.

Wish I didn't notice the stutter as much in the quality mode. Eh, maybe it will be better at launch but as of right now I'm liking the higher framerate.

Yea, hopefully day 1 of the game has a smoother Pro version. Right now I'm sticking to base version because it just makes the combat shine more with how fluid it is.

Ishida

Banned
Again, not going to say much specifically until the game and/or soundtrack itself is out, but if it helps piece together a (rough, mind you) timeline, our first collaboration with Square Enix on a game soundtrack was Lightning Returns.

Does your TV have settings for overscan? It should.

Thanks! That's more than enough. :)

Ishida, you told me the demo would look/play the same on pro, what is going on, why are some members getting better textures?

I was obviously wrong. It seems the demo is indeed patched for the Pro. :)

34bn018.jpg

I will make it through this demo with Transate :VVV

Logash

Yea, hopefully day 1 of the game has a smoother Pro version. Right now I'm sticking to base version because it just makes the combat shine more with how fluid it is.

Yup. From my understanding though, isn't the base mode running with pro hardware so it makes the mode run smoother on the Pro. Am I wrong?

Banzai

Idk, not Feeling it. At least i wont feel as Bad waiting for a price Drop. I know i shouldnt make opinions after playing for barely an hour but the huge Fields of nothing, beelining for Quest markers,...Not feeling it.

Also it somehow bothered me how noctis weirdly stoos midair when jumping from high places.

Yup. From my understanding though, isn't the base mode running with pro hardware so it makes the mode run smoother on the Pro. Am I wrong?

Yea, it might be the Pro hardware at work but I'm fairly certain it's locked to 30 FPS regardless. I didn't notice it going above 30 but then again, I haven't really sat down and played it a lot.

Edit: Other thread says it's uncapped. Interesting. I didn't really notice that in my brief time with it.

I know some people aren't feeling the combat, but man, when you're in the groove and are dealing with multiple enemies it feels so good. At one point (it was one of the Mesmerize hunts) it was very cool looking to see attacks, dodging, link skills, and warps becoming this sort of organic and fluid visual experience.

Also, once you get it, it feels great too. I don't think I took damage from anything until the dual horn fight when I mis-timed a dodge. Can't wait to play more of this.

Super cool thing happened to me during that dual horn fight: I had equipped beforehand a fire spell and I got a link attack with Gladio and got a counter opportunity, in which he threw me in the air with his sword and Noctis casted fire on the beast then it died while burning ! That was intense and so exciting! That is some kind of finisher I wished to see for a long time !

Looks and performs great on the OG PS4. Sometimes it's a little bit blurry, maybe it's the dynamic resolution. Nothing that really bothers me though.

Found a cool greatsword with a fire element attached to it.

Caim

I love how the skill tree is set up.

The abilities adds some depth to the combat.

In the beginning when I heard about the Link Attacks I didn't think I'd be a fan of it buts awesome.

A question for people playing on OG PS4.

How loud the PS4 fans get while playing this? For comparison is it quieter or louder than Witcher 3 on OG PS4?

Z3M0G

Enough about the fucking graphics... do we need a separate thread for the gameplay impressions?? I'm sure there are some in here but you would really need to search for them...

Ploid 3.0

combat so boring smh

I like tough long fights but it seems like those rhinos were non threatening, and it was just tough to put them out of their misery. Though I'm sure there are risky fights out there and I should look up that Iron Giant fight.

Caim

A question for people playing on OG PS4.

How loud the PS4 fans get while playing this? For comparison is it quieter or louder than Witcher 3 on OG PS4?

It wasn't quiet, but not that loud either. I think it is quieter than W3. I just know it was nowhere near as loud as when I played Uncharted 4 which sounded like a jet engine.

Caim

There's a new ability in the demo called Airslip, allows you to dodge (by pressing square) in the air. After 10 hours in Platinum Demo, it's a godsend!

You can also get a skill called Blink where if you press Square at the last second you can phase through an enemy and it uses no MP.

I like tough long fights but it seems like those rhinos were non threatening, and it was just tough to put them out of their misery. Though I'm sure there are risky fights out there and I should look up that Iron Giant fight.

The easy mode doesn't help either, but Japan finds the game hard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wmlk

You're not going to get punished as much on Easy mode anyway.

Depends of the moment, but it's a mix of super loud, loud and relatively loud.
Thanks for the reply.

I see. I thought that would be the case. Still hoping that the super loud ones are few and far in-between.

It wasn't quiet, but not that loud either. I think it is quieter than W3. I just know it was nowhere near as loud as when I played Uncharted 4 which sounded like a jet engine.

Ah, that's actually good to hear. If it's like Witcher 3 or better yet even quieter than that, then I don't think I would have any problem with it :)

Enough about the fucking graphics... do we need a separate thread for the gameplay impressions?? I'm sure there are some in here but you would really need to search for them...
Not playing it myself but came in to read gameplay impressions not too many mostly pro talk.

How's the camera is it fixed or will we be counting on the day one patch to make it better

My heart melted a little when I got into the car and put on the FF7 world map theme and drove around.

I haven't had that feeling with any game in years.

tumblr_llmhneiJ9L1qcinp9.gif~c200

I suspected I would like the whole travel-by-car thing, but man, it's really great. It feels like an elegant solution to having cool stuff in your open world without having to jam it all into a smaller play area. Plus, it really nails the whole "this is a road trip" feeling.

You can also get a skill called Blink where if you press Square at the last second you can phase through an enemy and it uses no MP.
Yeah Blink is extra great because it can cancel attack animations. Vastly improve the combat.
Reminds me of perfect dodge that Nero has in DMC4. That was amazing. The Blink ability and mid-air dodge will be the first ones that I buy when I get my hands on the game.

I'd like to thank the Pro for making me discover game mode on my monitor. The color on the standard mode looks literally gray to me now when I compare it to game mode.

Here are two screens I took of FFXV:

There is so much more color without making the image too saturated! Can't believe I've played games like this for two and a half years!

LowParry

I think it's slightly unfair to judge combat when we're stuck with easy mode. Even after fighting lvl 11 crabs (quest), they had a good healthy pool of hp but easy to manage. Hoping normal mode gives enemies a better AI to deal with.

Slowdive

Banned
Just finished it, a lot better than Duscae or the Platinum demo, they should release it worldwide.

Can you go fishing in the demo? Wanted to wait till full release to play, but I will download this if I can try the fishing lol

Yeah you can.

Top Bottom