• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

Foffy

Banned
Something is really wrong with the IQ.
Some moments it looks awful.

Probably depends on the area and how far it is in development. I noticed this too.

It looks really off when some parts look to perform well, but then you see the city chugging along. :/

dark_chris

Gold Member
yxiiyc.gif

I dunno what but i fucking love this. Just hiding behind a rock from a wild behemoth looks so tense.

jetsetrez

This is the first time I've been genuinely excited for an FF in years. Looks great, though I will agree the dub seems kind of poor.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The scene with Noctis pointing up is still really weird, even in Japanese. Just averting his eyes downcast at Ignis would make things less awkward.

Yeah. He seems to be speaking to someone who is not the car.

The scene with Noctis pointing up is still really weird, even in Japanese. Just averting his eyes downcast at Ignis would make things less awkward.

Even by "rule of cool", it doesn't make sense.

The camera cuts away to the sky immediately after that, and there's no emphasis on Noct's unnatural pointing motion.

Korten

Banned
Cindy? You dun fucked up SquareEnix. You had one job. Her name should be CIDney.

Cidney. Not Cindy. :/

I have a feeling someone will alter behemoth in that gif to something else.
I love GAF gifs lol

The model... Looks very similar to the one used in FF14.

Corgi

Banned
game and animation looks great... but why do i have this feeling its not gonna play good?

Curious how tight the controls are, or are they gonna go the loosy goosy Ass creed route.

To be fair this game looks nothing like any of the past gen games. It's also supposed to be huge.

It's also still in development. They keep stressing that every time they show the game for a reason. They even just showed a gameplay clip where they have wireframe models in the environment because the development of the town isn't completed.

KoopaTheCasual

900p, no AA.

I'm calling it.

Luminous engine? More like LOLminious Engine.
Calling it for a game that's 2 years away? Impressive.
Cindy? You dun fucked up SquareEnix. You had one job. Her name should be CIDney.

Cidney. Not Cindy. :/

The model... Looks very similar to the one used in FF14.
I have absolutely no understanding of Japanese, but it sounded like she definitely emphasized "Cid-ney" in the japanese dub, if I heard things right. This probably is new Cid.

I dunno what but i fucking love this. Just hiding behind a rock from a wild behemoth looks so tense.
I think they were trying to recreate the TGS/E3 trailer in which Noctis was hiding from a Behemoth. That said, it sure looks tense. Behemoth will be a powerful foe in the demo :p

First of all awesome trailer and I can't wait to play it.

But damn the image quality is pretty awful. Some really rough textures too. The game is still quite a ways out from release though so plenty of time to improve.

Enemies standing by while you're killing their friends, yay.

Noticed this too. Soldiers look a bit stiff. Kinda jarring how they stand there and flinch when you hit them and then stand back up straight. Especially when compared to the noctis and co who looks more animated.

Aside from that weird pointing scene and the bleh English dub ("Cindy" lol) goddamn this game looks amazing. Only 3 months till the demo! Or maybe not...

He is pointing to ships in the sky after all...

No, my point is that generally speaking, when scenes like this are used, the character is just as important as the backdrop. But the cutscene that was shown, Noct's pose was just a 2-second look, and it immediately cuts to the backdrop.

Rule of cool, generally keeps the focus on the character, just as much as the background, like this:

Kamina_wallpaper.jpg

Guymelef

Probably depends on the area and how far it is in development. I noticed this too.

It looks really off when some parts look to perform well, but then you see the city chugging along. :/

Is weird that is always the lighting on objects what causes that low IQ.

SougoXIII

It's not FFXII tier, but it's hardly super bad. A couple of lines in this and the TGS trailer sound a bit weird, but it's perfectly fine most of the time.

It'll be less awkward when they actually sync the dub to the footage instead of dubbing over it.

SougoXIII

No, my point is that generally speaking, when scenes like this are used, the character is just as important as the backdrop. But the cutscene that was shown, Noct's pose was just a 2-second look, and it immediately cuts to the backdrop.

Rule of cool, generally keeps the focus on the character, just as much as the background, like this:

Kamina_wallpaper.jpg

That.... wasn't meant to be a rule of cool moment. He was frustrate at Ignis' attempt to calm him down and pointed at the large amount of airship invading his country.

BHK3

Banned
Some lines sounded off in both dubs, namely the yell at the end is ultra weak compared to whats happening.

Top Bottom