• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Jump Festa 2015 Trailer

Sami+

Insomnia... what a name for a city, lol. Can't wait to visit the great capitals of Dyslexia, Schizophrenia, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder later on in the story.

forgive me if someone already made the joke

Styles

nspswz.gif

Dat Town!

That looks very reminiscent of Rabanastre. Love it.

And the music, God damn, the music.

well looking at the trailer, the early story seems to have changed from versusXIII days.

in versusXIII it seems Niflheim attacks while Noctis is in Lucis, but now it seems Nocis and co are out of Lucis when the attack happens.

Which probably means that scene where Noctis and Stella meets is gone now...

I think we get to see Nocto at the party with a suit meeting stella (luna)

ACESmkII

Wow! That music was absolutely fantastic.

Was that part where Noctis was in the train, in game or CG? The cloth and hair physics looked insane.

well looking at the trailer, the early story seems to have changed from versusXIII days.

in versusXIII it seems Niflheim attacks while Noctis is in Lucis, but now it seems Nocis and co are out of Lucis when the attack happens.

Maybe But i think it could easily still be the same since Niflheim takes the crystal at theat meeting we are shown so I think that they still do have their meeting again, sine Noctis and co have to leave since they are overtaken by Niflheim. It says that they take the crystal and start launching invasions of other countries. So we will see.

Not only that, but the badass battle with metal behemoth in the city at night and in the subways and all that. I wonder if that part is still in.

benzy

As someone who doesn't understand the first thing about cars, I disagree. It probably won't (and shouldn't) look realistic.

Why shouldn't it look more believable/realistic? Considering the advanced cloth physics and animations making the characters believable with a sense of gravity and weight (even when Noctis teleports or does crazy moves), the car literally just looks like a light hot wheels toy rolling down my driveway.

Oh god that English dub seems a lot worse now. PLEASE have dual audio at release so I can at least have the option of blissful ignorance

Otherwise, holy shit. That seaside town looks amazing (IQ goes to shit on the stairs though). If they fix the IQ issues in the game it will be visually amazing amazing amazing.

NPC animations looked good in the town. Now please have dialogue and it'll be perfect.

I'm absurdly hyped for this, eek.

raven777

to be fair the trailer was good.

It wasn't as good as that godly DKS3713 trailer but it was certainly better than TGS 2014 trailer.

sappyday

The attack happens at night. Noctis dad is still in the office with Aldercapt and it seems like Aldercapt fooled Regis up until the moment the soldiers barge in. The scenes of noctis and co in the car could be of the day after. However, there was a scene in the tgs trailer saying they're almost home. So I'm not entirely sure.

Famassu

Not necessarily. Too much seems to be going on for all the Insomnia stuff to just be cutscenes. Most likely scenario is that some details might have changed a little bit (maybe no dragoon lady battle anymore :'( ), but that Nilfheim does their surprise attack while Noctis is still in town and they leave amidst all the chaos without really knowing what has happened. They then stop outside of town and the dialogue in this trailer could just be them reacting to the news they are listening to in the radio while also seeing more and more Nilfheim forces fly by to invade Lucis/Insomnia. They don't understand what's happening and then Ignis is trying to be all "I'm sure everyone (Noctis' father included) are okay" and Noctis doesn't respond to that all that well when he sees all the airships.

Chilikar

Not necessarily. Too much seems to be going on for all the Insomnia stuff to just be cutscenes. Most likely scenario is that some details might have changed a little bit (maybe no dragoon lady battle anymore :'( ), but that Nilfheim does their surprise attack while Noctis is still in town and they leave amidst all the chaos without really knowing what has happened. They then stop outside of town and the dialogue in this trailer could just be them reacting to the news they are listening to in the radio while also seeing more and more Nilfheim forces fly by to invade Lucis/Insomnia.

Definitely sounds like that'll be what's happening. That Stella/Noctis meeting was pretty heavily emphasized for FFVSXIII after all

Falk

that puzzling face
I was a bit worried of how normal enemies didn't really seem all that dangerous in past videos, but what the fuck happens at that one point where everyone's HP drops by, like, 1000-2000HPs. o_O

Isn't that because of footage cuts? They could be taking chip damage the entire time.

Reveirg

Is this the first time since E3 that Roberto Ferrari isn't credited for character designs alongside Nomura?

I wonder what's up with that.

Stark

Banned
to be fair the trailer was good.

It wasn't as good as that godly DKS3713 trailer but it was certainly better than TGS 2014 trailer.

That was an amazing trailer. But yeah this was more inline with the impactful/high-tempo trailers we got in the past. If they keep this up + longer trailers for future events like E3, then I'm happy.

Gator86

This trailer is the first thing I've seen in half a decade that makes me think Final Fantasy could still be a top-tier franchise. Cautiously optimistic now.

The E3 2013 trailer's voice-overs largely implies that Noctis was in the Insomnia when the attack happened.

"Looks like my dad is on the run" "Let's hurry and rendevous with him."
"They're trying to take the crystal out of the city. Before they can, whatever it takes, we need to grab it back."
"Finish suppressing the Lucile loyalist. As for the prince, kill him on sight."

That largely implies that Noctis was in the capital, at least during the attack itself.

My guess is that that opening sequences of the game (Attack of Insomnia, presumably the first meeting with Stella, etc) is not in the demo due to it being too much of a story spoiler.

Famassu

Isn't that because of footage cuts? They could be taking chip damage the entire time.
Some of it, yes, but you can see huge chunks of red in the HP meters (that seems to indicate recent damage) when the HPs drop to their lowest.

sappyday

The E3 2013 trailer's voice-overs largely implies that Noctis was in the Insomnia when the attack happened.

"Looks like my dad is on the run" "Let's hurry and rendevous with him."
"They're trying to take the crystal out of the city. Before they can, whatever it takes, we need to grab it back."
"Finish suppressing the Lucile loyalist. As for the prince, kill him on sight."

That largely implies that Noctis was in the capital, at least during the attack itself.

Yea and I just remembered that in the E3 trailer it also shows Noctis and co fighting Nifelheim soldiers at night. However, he wasn't in a suit.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Dec 2014 seems more & more likely :)

It's looking good but those guards are just standing there like damn fool with a "hit me sign" over their head lol :p

Tagg9

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that Square decided not to show this at the PlayStation anniversary conference. Now that would have been epic.

Top Bottom