• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV leaks happening for today's event (ads, videos, demo on March 31)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No way square would release it in the west only a month after Star Ocean V

Star Ocean 4 International Edition (PS3) - Feb 8, 2010
Final Fantasy XIII - March 9, 2010

Maniel

Banned
Star Ocean's impact on Square Enix's fiscal year: Basically non-existent.

Final Fantasy XV's impact on Square Enix's fiscal year: Quite large.

I don't think they will make any consideration of this sort when deciding a date for Final Fantasy XV.
Fair enough. I still think Square will want at least 5 months of full blown marketing before releasing the game.

Squire

Banned
and watch them get decimated(in comparison) by all the heavy hitters? I'm saying September.

Why do you all think they're suddenly competing with shooters? There's no need to worry; those guys aren't buying this and never were. Fallout 4 did fantastically and I'd say that audience actually has some crossover.

styl3s

No way square would release it in the west only a month after Star Ocean V
Why not? Star Ocean doesn't have any kind of a mass appeal like Final Fantasy, it's niche audience will buy it regardless when FF comes out.

Releasing a month later wouldn't impact the sales of either game.

Star Ocean's impact on Square Enix's fiscal year: Basically non-existent.

Final Fantasy XV's impact on Square Enix's fiscal year: Quite large.

I don't think they will make any consideration of this sort when deciding a date for Final Fantasy XV.
Exactly what i was thinking.

It doesn't matter when they release it and this "5 month advertising push" doesn't really mean anything they could achieve the same thing in 3.5 months.

So that mention of a PC version is probably fake? I have the PS4 version preordered but would probably switch if it happened to be true.

I hope the demo is good. If it's what we saw in the first video the framerate looked a bit rough (though maybe it's just the youtube video).

Why do you all think they're suddenly competing with shooters? There's no need to worry; those guys aren't buying this and never were. Fallout 4 did fantastically and I'd say that audience actually has some crossover.

Of all the JRPG series that exist, FF is the one I'd most expect to have crossover appeal with the shooter and other AAA gaming crowd.

DNAbro

Cause Fallout is (sadly) a much bigger name and has broader appeal. They want to attract as big as an audience as possible and most likely don't want to take the risk of fighting against other big titles that could take any possible sales.

Piccoro

FFXV demo, Doom Beta, SFV update, Blops III DLC 2 stream...

200_s.gif

This will be indeed a very busy weekend! :D

So that mention of a PC version is probably fake? I have the PS4 version preordered but would probably switch if it happened to be true.

I hope the demo is good. If it's what we saw in the first video the framerate looked a bit rough (though maybe it's just the youtube video).

A day and date PC version? ya probably fake. Now a PC version that releases several months to a year later? You can likely bet on it.

Squire

Banned
Of all the JRPG series that exist, FF is the one I'd most expect to have crossover appeal with the shooter and other AAA gaming crowd.

Are you trying to support my point? Fallout 4 did really really well despite the fact a lot of those people probably play an annual FPS every year, too.

Releasing in November doesn't automatically mean dying at CoD's hands.

OmegaDL50

About this demo releasing on the 31st. This isn't going to be something like Episode Duscae right?

It will freely available for everyone to grab off of PSN or whatnot once it becomes available?

DNAbro

About this demo releasing on the 31st. This isn't going to be something like Episode Duscae right?

It will freely available for everyone to grab off of PSN or whatnot once it becomes available?

supposedly. It's also takes place before the game.

Squire

Banned
Cause Fallout is (sadly) a much bigger name and has broader appeal. They want to attract as big as an audience as possible and most likely don't want to take the risk of fighting against other big titles that could take any possible sales.

We'll see. I can't really tell if you guys actually think they're this conservative or just really want the game (which is understandable!)

Banned
The Verge lists PC in their article, but I'm guessing that's a mistaken assumption based on basically every other AAA game on earth releasing for PS4/XB1/PC.
Ah ok.

Would be nice for this to be the first "officially" announced game for PC and NX but that might be something to do at E3. (In regards to nx)

DNAbro

We'll see. I can't really tell if you guys actually think they're this conservative or just really want the game (which is understandable!)

i think Square Enix is legitimately terrified of FFXV failing and will do anything to get more sales. Also yes, earlier the better for me.

Socivol

anything related to that particular event, the contents, should be considered an spoiler.

but that is besides the point, I didn't want to know anything about the event before I see it later today and I just got spoiled by the thread title. This is info that should be in the thread OP, not in the thread title.

also, if you don't consider that an spoiler, that's very nice for you, but I consider it an spoiler and didn't even got the chance to decide if I wanted to see it or not

It's the internet the only way to stay completely spoiler free is to stay off it. You also had a choice of whether are not you were going to log into GAF that's the risk you took.

antitrop

anything related to that particular event, the contents, should be considered an spoiler.

but that is besides the point, I didn't want to know anything about the event before I see it later today and I just got spoiled by the thread title. This is info that should be in the thread OP, not in the thread title.

also, if you don't consider that an spoiler, that's very nice for you, but I consider it an spoiler and didn't even got the chance to decide if I wanted to see it or not

Maybe you should avoid NeoGAF if your blackout is so hardcore.

Toth

On repeated viewing, I think that the cinematic ad would be the PERFECT start up CG for the game. All it needs is a PRESS START after the logo appears :)

DKHF

It looks like there will be some sort of combat in the demo as you can see at 0:27 on the hud Noctis has "Toy Sword" equipped. Or maybe you just carry it around...

I think this is the tech demo they were talking about. It's not small time but I can't hardly be the big reveal of the event. Release date, CE info, expanding on gameplay etc I think will be the bulk of the conference

the small trailer said "a fun and free final fantasy" with baby noctis footage. it's obviously that.

Whompa02

tracking where?

gaming news outlets, media outlets, etc. You think they are upset or scared when their youtube videos get millions of hits when they release big trailers? The brand name alone sells to those interested (which is a lot. Not call of duty/gta/nintendo numbers, but enough). I know we like pretending that square enix is a single emotion, but it's a giant machine with ad services that carefully monitor this stuff so its a calculated release. You don't make Spirits Within and not learn from your mistakes.

Top Bottom