• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

ocean

Banned
For days I've tried to come up with a reply but I just can't do it. This isn't Destiny hype. This is seriously the game I've most anticipated, ever.

I want a date so I can give Square my money.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I don't understand why he can throw his sword and appear where its at, side of a building, lamp post, etc. Seems like a silly mechanic to have, how do they limit where you can go with it?

iosefe

I don't understand why he can throw his sword and appear where its at, side of a building, lamp post, etc. Seems like a silly mechanic to have, how do they limit where you can go with it?

think The Arkham Series. there are nodes you can teleport to, and i assume each enemy counts has a node too

ZenTzen

they already said he can only teleport to specific points during normal gameplay, during combat he can teleport to enemies but he'll most likely have some limited use

iosefe

i think someone mentioned katana?

yeah, it's troubling since they haven't shown gameplay from other party members in any trailer from the past year. still have hope it's in though.

now there is the assist feature

also, what is happening on the bottom left corner of the screen during battle in yesterday's video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYHpvvRHUA#t=1704
i know it';s the command menu, but there is a lot of word changes and stuff. is that the whole party's actions?

Falk

that puzzling face
It seems more like MMO unitframes so more of a status report than a command menu. It's showing Action -> Target for the entire party.

Like I said, the more the game evolves, the more it seems that in the final version, actions are all associated with a target and cannot miss (well, positioning-wise, not stat-wise)

I honestly think that's what 'auto' 'attack' meant, and that phrase just didn't translate well from Japanese.

Kieli

I hope every single character in FFXV loses all their hair.

What travesties they've subjected their hair follicles to, I can't not even begin to imagine.

now there is the assist feature

also, what is happening on the bottom left corner of the screen during battle in yesterday's video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYHpvvRHUA#t=1704
i know it';s the command menu, but there is a lot of word changes and stuff. is that the whole party's actions?

yep, you can see goblin and behemoth where the arrows are pointing at.

you mostly see "kougeki" on the left side, which means attack.

and they correspond to what the characters on the right-hand side of the screen are doing at that moment.

can be too hard to follow though, seeing that you have to look from one side of the screen to the next to see which character is doing which action and to which target.

iosefe

Most definitely.

The actions are in the left half inside boxes, the targets are to the right.

yep, you can see goblin and behemoth where the arrows are pointing at.

you mostly see "kougeki" on the left side, which means attack.

and they correspond to what the characters on the right-hand side of the screen are doing at that moment.

can be too hard to follow though, seeing that you have to look from one side of the screen to the next to see which character is doing which action and to which target.

i rather like it. keeps the UI balance. but i miss the personal command menu from 2011

Desi

i think someone mentioned katana?

yeah, it's troubling since they haven't shown gameplay from other party members in any trailer from the past year. still have hope it's in though.

The last time we saw anything was from the E3 "gameplay" trailer where during the ending montage after Noctis sets the Iron Giant aflame you see Prompto slide behind a desk and aim but from the players camera view.

is it just me who's getting a ninja turtles vibe from our 4 heroes?

noctis is leo, blonde is mikey, driver is donatello and the big dude is raph?

I can totally see Greg Cripes voicing Prompto.

images

It took about 24 hours for the hype wave to hit me, probably because it means so much, like the shock before the actual reaction. I've been pretty nonchalant, y'know, watched the trailer a few times like "huh, cool. FFXV". But after being at work all day thinking about it, especially the demo footage that really gives the feel of a full battle and not just the quick cuts we're used to in the trailers. I'm feeling it, GAF, I'm there. It's time to stop putting this game on the back-burner of our minds like with TLG and actually, for want of a better phrase, Be Excited.

Choomp

Banned
Works like Batman Arkham games. Not too fond of the feature.

I tried not to make that parallel but I think you're right. I don't know if a swords gonna have the range like a grappling hook will, but that gameplay video made it look so. Still trying to decide if it's a bad thing or not.

Top Bottom