• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XV: The English Voice Cast

SRTtoZ

Yep now it makes sense why Gladio is so bad. It's a guy without a deep voice trying to make it sound deep :/

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Well it's not bad at all. Loving Luna s voice specifically.

But I don't know how Duckroll might feel about my sentiments here. I'm quite concerned actually! (😈)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I get the feeling they've gone cheap for the voice acting on this?

jett

D-Member
Looked pretty good to me. Why does everyone seem to hate the English voice acting so much?

Doesn't fit the animu stylings of the game. Would probably come across better if they had used facial motion capture.

Meh, it just sounds like an anime dub.

ICXk2gm.gif

f7sTWAc.gif

Noct never looks (or sounds) this cool

sensui-tomo

Why do I get the feeling they've gone cheap for the voice acting on this?

something something spending money on FF type 0 hd and having good VAs to only have a shitty voice director getting the worst performance out of every actor/actress and easilly being the worst dubbed Square enix product.
I'll forever shit on that game's dub and i can take bad dubs .

Toth

They sound great. Love the new footage as well. I want more Luna!
This would look so much better with Kingsglaive Luna's design :(

It would look foolish for someone on the run to dress like a princess, no?

sensui-tomo

Yep. Daymond and Mercer? What is this, Sentai Filmworks?

Wahlgren is the most talented actor in the cast and the only one they apparently couldn't get for the video. LMAO!

Mercer is discount Troy Baker (that isnt a diss on his performances but lets be honest, if you cant get troy just get the next person who can more or less sound like him.)

Squire

Banned
Mercer is discount Troy Baker (that isnt a diss on his performances but lets be honest, if you cant get troy just get the next person who can more or less sound like him.)

Absolutely. I actually do like Mercer a good but, but it can't be denied.

I think they all sound good in the clips in this video too, but we can hear a lot of them in practice in the footage that's out there and it's not great. Daymond in particular is pretty awful.

Salarians

Sounds like an anime dub. Seems fine for the most part. Shame they didn't put Kari Wahlgren in the video. She's one of my favorite voice actors, highly underrated.

sensui-tomo

There is? Nice! I remember somewhere that there wasn't. Maybe I misremembered or thought about another game (e.g. Persona).

yeah persona is the game more than likely not getting dual audio due to contracts in japan with specific voice performers.

Squire

Banned
You just don't understand the sophistication and nuance of the flowing beauty of Japanese voices acting. Trust me. I'm an expert.

Eh, try again, Jolly. I don't even watch anime 99.9% of the time, of its not dubbed. The JP voices are completely beside the point. These actors seem good, but the way they've been directed does not.

BBboy20

I'm shockingly ok with this voice cast. Not sure why people are so down on it.

They've yet to top XII cast and performance, though.
Because, overall, the main cast sound a bit worst from the Gamescom videos.

I would not want to be the person who actually asked him how he feels about that.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You just don't understand the sophistication and nuance of the flowing beauty of Japanese voices acting. Trust me. I'm an expert.
Both dubs are way overacted. I mean ffs the majority of actors in this video could've and should've been told to go with their normal speaking voices instead of whatever the hell Square told them to do. Because it all just sounds like an anime dub. It's so awkward watching these actors read this script man.
Looks like Luna's in-game model has way too little blend shapes.

Mifec

VA: Noctis isn't your average prince bla bla bla

Proceeds to outline the plot of the vast majority of fantasy novels.

I guffawed irl.

Ridley327

Mercer is probably happy that Baker is priced out for most small-to-mid tier publishers these days. Why pay that much money when you can get someone that sounds nearly the same for a fraction of the cost?

sensui-tomo

Because, overall, the main cast sound a bit worst from the Gamescom videos.

I would not want to be the person who actually asked him how he feels about that.
Mercer is probably happy that Baker is priced out for most small-to-mid tier publishers these days. Why pay that much money when you can get someone that sounds nearly the same for a fraction of the cost?

hell mercer took two of troy bakers previous roles if i'm not mistaken (possibly more) with the two that i know are Kanji(persona 4) and Sigma (Zero escape series)

They sound like anime dubs. I don't get how they had it so right with FF12 and it's gone downhill since.

Oh well, Japanese it is! Makes sense anyway with the animations being recorded by Japanese especially some characters doing very japanese movements it'll look odd in English imo.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
They sound like anime dubs. I don't get how they had it so right with FF12 and it's gone downhill since.

Oh well, Japanese it is! Makes sense anyway with the animations being recorded by Japanese especially some characters doing very japanese movements it'll look odd in English imo.
It looks odd in Japanese too.

Top Bottom