• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
This event is bullshit. My 5* Lyn and Takumi that are level 28-29 are getting creamed on the lower level map.

waste of stamina for a garbage unit.

Shinypogs

This challenge seems to be a "do you have a 4*/5* archer" check? Meh.
No archer required if you have a stocky mage. You could probs substitute then with ninja as well.

I like this challenge. There are different ways to build teams for it and to approach how to manipulate the ai.

That said anyone who has had god awful luck with all their pulls is going to struggle here becuase you do want a solid tank and a ranged unit.

Alucrid

Banned
i just saw that feathers post and maybe i don't play enough f2p mobile games but taking a month to get an upgrade, assuming everything goes perfectly, seems poor. especially for a game where a few weeks in the only draw will be farming to upgrade your characters

Was one hit away from getting Narcian, Hector was tanking everything and Linde backed him up with healing/support...until the archer's skill activated and did just enough damage to kill Hector. Oh well, at least I know I have a team capable of doing it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
kinda sorta? the only thing my archer did was take out narcian who was sitting too close south and that was it
I dunno, I couldn't get out of that trench because it's a choke point for all the mages to blast you to death. lol

No archer required if you have a stocky mage. You could probs substitute then with ninja as well.
Well, yeah, any ranged character. I think this is the first one where I feel you need to be lucky with the gacha to actually beat it. My all melee party is just dead.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah, the hard mode map Is dumb. All you need is a specific unit to tank the first volley of attack and not die. If you don't have that, it's over.

I dont think thats true - the map just got released and there are obvious solutions...but like most of the times with this type of Challenges people will find out more ways to beat a challenge. Most people are just used to steamroll everything with OP units from accounts they rerolled...so every type of challenge = unfair.

One thing that is needed for certain is that all units are high level - cant expect to beat 15.stam when your units are in the low 30 or even 20. Two obvious approaches are using the narrow path on the left with a unit strong enough to tank the hits and initiate enemy movement. The other approach is to have a flying unit initiating and surviving attacks over the mountains on the right side.

Their are multiple units that can achieve both of these results - they might just not be the most popular once or the ones that people leveled so far.

What the game is telling su - you wanna have a wide roster of units to be able to clear all of the upcoming challenges. Your Lucina or Lyn waifo wont just single-handily stomp every stage xD
This event is bullshit. My 5* Lyn and Takumi that are level 28-29 are getting creamed on the lower level map.

waste of stamina for a garbage unit.

Tower stages are half stamina right now - you will need to max lvl your units to clear the tougher. Also Lynn is a glas canon and Takumi is really weak against Mages with her low Res. So you might have to rework your setup. I have nearly the same setup as you - if you add a healer and a flying unit that can tank the initial hits on the right side of the map you can clear the stage without any issues.

"garbage unit"

This unit might be a Key units for a upcoming challenge. Make sure to get him unless you already have a better Gacha unit that does the same or more.

Cerium

i just saw that feathers post and maybe i don't play enough f2p mobile games but taking a month to get an upgrade, assuming everything goes perfectly, seems poor. especially for a game where a few weeks in the only draw will be farming to upgrade your characters
There will be biweekly story updates and the banners will rotate and there will surely be new characters added after a few weeks. You can see how, with all the free Dueling Swords, they're presently trying to encourage Arena play. Gatcha games never really run out of content.

Aside from all the feathers they're giving away through quests and promotions right now I'm getting 1600 from Offense this week, 500 from Defense, and another 1500 from Rank. I've spent no real world money on my team and I am by no means a tryhard. That's 3600 feathers in one week.

redcrayon

How I finished Nacien map on hard.

Team: Tiki, Ryoma, Takumi, Katua all at Lv40.

As long as you have a Red or Blue character that can tank the blue mage and red knight, a red unit to OHKO Nacien, and a ranged unit to take care of the remaining mages and archers you will finish this map with ease.

You can replace Tiki with a Red/Blue tank, preferably dragon.
Replace Ryoma with any fast, high attack red unit.
Replace Takumi with any fast ranged unit that can beat archers/mages
Replace Katua with any lance or axe flier.

I will be labeling map spaces Horizontal by letters, Vertical by numbers.

What I did:

Step 1.
Send Tiki to A-6
Send Takumi to A-7
Send Ryoma to B-7
Send Katua to D-7

Step 2.

Send Tiki all the way to A-4 in range of the blue mage and red knight.
Send Takumi behind her, and Ryoma behind Takumi
Send Katua as far right as possible.

Step 3 (Enemy Phase)

Tiki should be able to tank a hit from the blue mage and the red knight.
The archers and Nacien will try and follow Katua for advantage.

Step 4 (Your Phase)
Send Takumi to A-7, Ryoma to A-5, then Send Tiki to A-6
Get Katua out of Nacien and archer range.

Step 5 (Enemy Phase)
The red knight will attack Ryoma and die.
Nacien attacks Ryoma and dies.
Remaining mages and archers try to chase you down.

Step 6 (Final)
Hide everyone else out of range.
Use Takumi to kill everyone else.

That's it.

Yeah, I can see how if you have multiple strong 5* units including Takumi it's significantly easier. The rest of us have to work with what we're given! :D

For anyone struggling with this, it does say Grand Hero Battles are 'extremely challenging' in the promo blurb, they are meant as an endgame challenge for people with maxed out teams, and as we all develop a wider range of high-level characters, we'll have more options to deal with them. At the moment it's only been out for a week and most players are limited to their first handful of pulls for strong units.

XaosWolf

Maybe I missed it but where does it say that Special Maps have a "One Death Game Over" rule?

I can get Gordin in to kill the Red Sword guy and start everything off, but getting him out again even with Azura is impossible as if I get Gordin out then she'll get killed instead by Narcian.

Narcian is a turtling fuck. >=(

Maybe I missed it but where does it say that Special Maps have a "One Death Game Over" rule?

I can get Gordin in to kill the Red Sword guy and start everything off, but getting him out again even with Azura is impossible as if I get Gordin out then she'll get killed instead by Narcian.

Narcian is a turtling fuck. >=(

When you click the challenge it saids you need 4 survivors.

cw_sasuke

Well unless they massively increase feather drops he'll be a garbage unit at 3 stars forever

Sure, but dont be disappointed when the next challenge features a OP blue lance wielding unit that one shots your Lyn xD

If you have the resources to do a lot of gacha pulls ignore what im saying - but as f2p you gotta get everything you can.

How's this for a first roll?

C4w6FVM.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
There will be biweekly story updates and the banners will rotate and there will surely be new characters added after a few weeks. You can see how, with all the free Dueling Swords, they're presently trying to encourage Arena play. Gatcha games never really run out of content.

Aside from all the feathers they're giving away through quests and promotions right now I'm getting 1600 from Offense this week, 500 from Defense, and another 1500 from Rank. I've spent no real world money on my team and I am by no means a tryhard. That's 3600 feathers in one week.

sure, but getting a bunch of new four star units that i'll never be able to upgrade since they seemingly hard capped the amount of feathers you can get isn't that appealing. even with 3.6k feathers per week that's a month and a half for one character. considering how fast you can level up to 20 to upgrade or even 40 to max out a character it just seems off

Sölf

Considering my high level team is Lucina/Young Tiki/Elise/Est/Camilla this map wasn't that easy. I beat it first try, but 2 fliers didn't help and Tiki got hammered by that blue mage who dealt 29 damage to her (with 41 HP). I had to bait and block and everything, jesus.

Fun map though. More of this please.

cw_sasuke

Terrible. Just awful. Is that what you wanted to hear :D

lawl..when i saw the pic i knew that would be the follow up response.

@polyh3dron

2 Top Tier 5* the cover two colors.....especially Robin is strong in Arena. Def. a good starting pull.

PS. Put your image uploade in quote so they dont blow up that much on the page.

Cerium

sure, but getting a bunch of new four star units that i'll never be able to upgrade since they seemingly hard capped the amount of feathers you can get isn't that appealing. even with 3.6k feathers per week that's a month and a half for one character. considering how fast you can level up to 20 to upgrade or even 40 to max out a character it just seems off
Consider that a non banner 5* hero has a 3% drop rate. If my math is right that's somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 of orbs to statistically guarantee one.

If it were quick and easy to upgrade 4* units by grinding free content, there would be much less incentive to pay for orbs. You can't have it all.

I seriously don't, lol.. don't know the rarity of anything or what the characters are tiered at. Should I reroll, or am I lucky as hell here?

You're lucky as hell. Thank the RNG gods.

Yui

I sure hope these one-off maps aren't their ideas for events, because they're incredibly lackluster.

Yup, would probably kill the game for me if they don't have longer events in which you have to earn points, get several rewards, maybe tier and all the usual stuff.

EDarkness

How's this for a first roll?

Whoa. 5* husband and wife at the same time! (Note: My Robin married Lucina in Awakening.) Nice pull, man. I'd love to have 5* Lucia to run with my 5* Robin.

Speaking of 5*, I did a 5 pull today and ended up with 5* Roy. Not sure if he's any good, but I think he'll end up replacing 4* Selena that I've been running with. Also got 4* Tharja and it's a shame that getting characters to 5* is such a pain in the ass. I'd definitely get her buffed to 5* if I could.

redcrayon

I seriously don't, lol.. don't know the rarity of anything. Should I reroll, or am I lucky as hell here?
OK, I'll bite. You're unlikely to get a 5* at all. You're very unlikely to get two. You're extremely unlikely to get two of the better ones. 'Lucky as hell' seems apt. :p

Shun

Yeah, I can see how if you have multiple strong 5* units including Takumi it's significantly easier. The rest of us have to work with what we're given! :D

For anyone struggling with this, it does say Grand Hero Battles are 'extremely challenging' in the promo blurb, they are meant as an endgame challenge for people with maxed out teams, and as we all develop a wider range of high-level characters, we'll have more options to deal with them. At the moment it's only been out for a week and most players are limited to their first handful of pulls for strong units.

I did say that you could replace any of my units with other units who fulfill the same role...

If you have Hector the map is a joke.

So long as you have any of the type of characters I listed at Lv40, even at 4 star. You will be able to beat the map relatively fine.

There are plenty of ways to figure it out if you sit down and think a little. There's no real need to snarky about it.

cw_sasuke

As if you don't know!
How would he know if he hasnt played the game before or read up on it beforehand ?

While this is a good pull - there can be quite the difference between same rarity units, so asking about it to be sure is fine.

Game has been out for a week bro. Also high lvl 4* get work done too - stop the Elitism lol.

Theosmeo

Sölf;230062095 said:
Has anyone already upgraded Narcian? I am thinking of buffing him to 4*.

Im taking him all the way to 5 baybee, narcian for life

(but this weekend when i can get more green great badges)

Shun

Sölf;230062095 said:
Has anyone already upgraded Narcian? I am thinking of buffing him to 4*.

Yes, here are his stats at 4 and 5 star.

If you're looking to 4 star someone then 5 star someone, I recommend Anna instead.

Green fliers just have too many drawbacks.

Well, yeah, any ranged character. I think this is the first one where I feel you need to be lucky with the gacha to actually beat it. My all melee party is just dead.

I did hard mode with no ranged character. Had a flyer go up, one turn killed the archer, and lured narcian down. They won't move until one of your units is in attack range, so it's easy to set up.

redcrayon

I did say that you could replace any of my units with other units who fulfill the same role...

If you have Hector the map is a joke.

So long as you have any of the type of characters I listed at Lv40, even at 4 star. You will be able to beat the map relatively fine.

There are plenty of ways to figure it out if you sit down and think a little. There's no real need to snarky about it.
Absolutely, but people are really just posting their first impressions, and it's not exactly snark to find someone saying 'if you've got Hector and Takumi it's easy' amusing.

Genuine congrats on the win, didn't mean to sound snarky, thanks for the guide. Back to the drawing board for my bunch of plucky second-rate reprobates. :)

I'm actually pleased that it's going to take me a few trys to beat over the weekend. Better that than a two-minute yawn of a match, good to see that they have events planned that should challenge good players and elite teams too.

Alucrid

Banned
Consider that a non banner 5* hero has a 3% drop rate. If my math is right that's somewhere in the neighborhood of $80 of orbs to statistically guarantee one.

If it were quick and easy to upgrade 4* units by grinding free content, there would be much less incentive to pay for orbs. You can't have it all.

You're lucky as hell. Thank the RNG gods.

isn't that how most other games work with upgrades? by spending stamina on "free content"? that's what i'd like to be able to do rather than just get to the max they set for the arena rewards.

I was being dead serious. I knew about rerolling and how to do it, and that some dude spent an ungodly amount of money trying to get hector and didn't, and that was the extent of my FE Heroes character knowledge. Thanks for the advice, friends.

Shun

A lot of posts like that are sarcastic brags. There's no harm in it.

Hey guys is this lineup any good? I can't tell.

VJ6PEVX.png

Yes. Though Lyn can kind of hold your team back if your goal is getting consistent lunatic 7 win chains because of her lower attack compared to Ryoma or Lucina.

She should hold her own, the other two just have their own benefits.

The mod Gotchaye has a really similar team composition as me, but with Lucina instead of Ryoma and got top 400 with only 30 less rank points then me.

Having Tiki, Takumi, a fast super offensive red, and a fast offensive flying blue that can take a couple hits should be good enough.

Shinypogs

At least you got 3 * fem corrin. Upgrade her to 4 stat and watch her tank and debuff her way to glory. Tis what I did.

I now spend an unhealthy amount of time poking the mail owl just to see their annoyed awake face. Someone needs to ask the Japanese Twitter account the name of the owl. This is important to me.

cw_sasuke

A lot of posts like that are sarcastic brags. There's no harm in it.

Hey guys is this lineup any good? I can't tell.

Sure for everyone that is already invested in the game - but as a newcomer asking about it...some responses come off unnecessarily hostile.

If he has been posting in the thread for day and obs. knew what the meta is about and asked/posted with these pulls i could understand it. Well...lets just leave it at that.
I was being dead serious. I knew about rerolling and how to do it, and that some dude spent an ungodly amount of money trying to get hector and didn't, and that was the extent of my FE Heroes character knowledge. Thanks for the advice, friends.

You did nothing wrong...

Cerium

Sure for everyone that is already invested in the game - but as a newcomer asking about it...some responses come off unnecessarily hostile.

I think you're seriously misreading the tone of some posts if you detected any hostility.

Yes. Though Lyn can kind of hold your team back if your goal is getting consistent lunatic 7 win chains because of her lower attack compared to Ryoma or Lucina.

She should hold her own, the other two just have their own benefits.

The mod Gotchaye has a really similar team composition as me, but with Lucina instead of Ryoma and got top 400 with only 30 less rank points then me.

Having Tiki, Takumi, a fast super offensive red, and a fast offensive flying blue that can take a couple hits should be good enough.

Fire Emblem King

Are you still ranked 337?

daxgame

just seen the new map...

ohcomeon.gif

no way I'll be near 35 in 3 days sadly. I'll get the 'easy' one though. Don't plan to use this unit anyway

Acerac

Banned
Well unless they massively increase feather drops he'll be a garbage unit at 3 stars forever

How could anyone ever afford 2,000 feathers to upgrade him past 3 stars? That'd take an entire week to save up, no reasonable person could wait that long!

cw_sasuke

I really wish we would get orbs for clearing those Special Arena...thats the standard in pretty much every game - kinda weird that we dont get them here. No big deal...but it would be nice. Would be incentive for people to clear all stages even if they dont need the unit.
I think you're seriously misreading the tone of some posts if you detected any hostility.

Its not about me - i know the Meta and how you meant it. A newcomer might be confused by such response, thats all.
just seen the new map...

ohcomeon.gif

no way I'll be near 35 in 3 days sadly. I'll get the 'easy' one though. Don't plan to use this unit anyway

Just get the 2* version and you are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom