• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Well Narcian is here - 10 and 15 stam. Up for 3 days.
4 Survivors - cannot use Lights Blessing.

Lets do this.

Edit: Stage Setup on 15stam

narciant9pou.jpg

Damn, wasn't expecting this much challenge from the Narcian thing. Considering you can just kinda blow through everything normally. Guess I need to farm some levels or something.

edit: This may have been asked but I don't know for sure, are the daily characters farmable? And if so will Narcian? Other gacha I've played (DBZ and OP) have had the event guys farmable even though they're incredibly difficult.

cw_sasuke

Yeah you really get ganged up on that Narcian stage - you better have high level units for 15 stam lol.

Damn, wasn't expecting this much challenge from the Narcian thing. Considering you can just kinda blow through everything normally. Guess I need to farm some levels or something.

edit: This may have been asked but I don't know for sure, are the daily characters farmable? And if so will Narcian? Other gacha I've played (DBZ and OP) have had the event guys farmable even though they're incredibly difficult.

Yeah - the Special Arena stages offer farmable units.

???

I must have had it easy with my flying team against Narcian.
...well that and not everyone here runs max lvl squads already. Stage will be too tough for alot of players who just started out, while the Dailys can be handled right away.

Yeah you really get ganged up on that Narcian stage - you better have high level units for 15 stam lol.

Awesome thanks, I've only ever done them with the first play through bonus and went back to playing story/training so I hadn't tried. Dunno his stats or abilities but may be worth farming if he's gonna be a pain in the ass to get like it seems.

Disappointing event - I hoped it would be something that can be done multiple times to accumulate score towards more diverse rewards.

And it turned out to be clear once get 3* guy.

Are you sure ? I tried farming one day (to get 10 copies of healer ;) ) and ended with only one.

mstevens

My temp comp is going to get bodied in that choke point by that blue mage. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just run the lower level one and upgrade the guy if I want him? There's no orbs for completion, right?

cw_sasuke

Awesome thanks, I've only ever done them with the first play through bonus and went back to playing story/training so I hadn't tried. Dunno his stats or abilities but may be worth farming if he's gonna be a pain in the ass to get like it seems.

Def. worth to try to get every farmable unit as f2p, they will come handy at some point - especially since it will get easier to evolve/level units over the time. Always good to have more choices.

And it turned out to be clear once get 3* guy.

Why would you expect something else ? The game came out a week ago. They wont drop a Holiday season type event when most people havent even cleared all normal story missions and are still leveling their main units.
Are you sure ? I tried farming one day (to get 10 copies of healer ;) ) and ended with only one.

Well for farmable as in you can get a copy of them as reward. In general everything that isnt coming from Gacha or costs stone = farmable for me.

chrono01

My temp comp is going to get bodied in that choke point by that blue mage. Is there any reason why I shouldn't just run the lower level one and upgrade the guy if I want him? There's no orbs for completion, right?
Yeah, I have no way to deal with that mage. If I send up Fae, the red sword user at the top demolishes her. If I send up Takumi/Tiki, the mage kills them.

Oh well, I did the 10-stamina, got the 2*, I'll just upgrade him. Not worth brute-forcing my way through, when I can run other things (such as story for more orbs).

Def. worth to try to get every farmable unit as f2p, they will come handy at some point - especially since it will get easier to evolve/level units over the time. Always good to have more choices.

Why would you expect something else ? The game came out a week ago. They wont drop a Holiday season type event when most people havent even cleared all normal story missions and are still leveling their main units.

Well for farmable as in you can get a copy of them as reward. In general everything that isnt coming from Gacha or costs stone = farmable for me.

get a single copy only isn't farmable. you can farm upgrade stones but you can't farm characters

OVDRobo

Accidentally brought my healing team composition into the Hard Narcian map with a level 22 Lissa. RIP 15 stamina. Settled for 2* Narcian because I honestly couldn't give less of a damn about the guy. Gotta catch em' all, though.

Cerium

Yo that Narcian map actually looks brutal. I don't want to be the one to step into that choke point.

I have Cordelia but there's the damn archer...

Razmos

A couple of questions:
1) is the healing spell Physic broken? It says it heals all allies within 2 squares of the target but it simply doesn't. It's still worth using because it's a ranged heal but the in game description definitely seems wrong.

2) Why is my Arena defense always empty? I'm getting friend requests from people who have clearly fought me in the arena but defense is always blank

Yo that Narcian map actually looks brutal. I don't want to be the one to step into that choke point.

I have Cordelia but there's the damn archer...

Yeah, I've got Camilla and tried rushing her at the archer but she doesn't kill him in one turn. Even if she did I'm sure they'd have the mage kill her. Takumi almost tanked through the first turn for me but figure it's best not to waste the stamina and level while I can.

OVDRobo

A couple of questions:
1) is the healing spell Physic broken? It says it heals all allies within 2 squares of the target but it simply doesn't. It's still worth using because it's a ranged heal but the in game description definitely seems wrong.

2) Why is my Arena defense always empty? I'm getting friend requests from people who have clearly fought me in the arena but defense is always blank

1. Mistranslation. It can heal an ally 2 squares away. Not all allies within 2 squares.

2. They won. Can still request after a victory. Only get Defense for the AI winning on behalf of your team.

FireVoa

That Narscian Hard map is straight up bullshit. My Hector can tank a single turn but then OOPS, blown up my a gangbang of mages, swords, and arrows. Whoever steps into the point to begin combat dies or, dies a moment later.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I'm going to have to actually get a decent party together to get Narcian. I'm still have event completed Hard mode. Nice to see the maps are actually difficult though.

cw_sasuke

Got him - but yeah just get the 2* version on the lower stamina mission if you dont have the right team. Not worth wasting stamina just to get the 3* when you can easily upgrade the 2* one.

get a single copy only isn't farmable. you can farm upgrade stones but you can't farm characters

But thats how "farmable" works in this game so far. Unless they introduce mode or challenges where we can amass endless copies of units.

Okay maybe Reward units makes more sense, so yeah dont sell them off...because we dont know how or when we can get them again.
That Narscian Hard map is straight up bullshit. My Hector can tank a single turn but then OOPS, blown up my a gangbang of mages, swords, and arrows. Whoever steps into the point to begin combat dies or, dies a moment later.

I guess your Hector isnt near max or max lvl ? He def. can survive being hit by all the units on that point.
But you will need to heal him after that turn asap otherwise he is done for lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I mean, you can refarm them as they rotate back (Assuming Nintendo doesn't update the Rotation right away, and it loops a few times)

OceanBlue

I sent Tiki to tank the mage and sword guy hits and then ran the fuck out lol. I'm lucky and Narcian got in range for me to just pick him off as I was running.

FireVoa

Yeah he's only 31. I'm not too proud to fold to a bullshit map design in order to get a 3 star version. I'll take the 2 and be content. If combat began immediately and you could hang back this would be so much simpler.

cw_sasuke

I mean, you can refarm them as they rotate back (Assuming Nintendo doesn't update the Rotation right away, and it loops a few times)

Do we know if you get rewarded again once the rotation starts over ? Might be a one time clear reward same way like you dont get a second orb for clearing a story again.

Just to be sure i wouldnt sell them off for now.
Yeah he's only 31. I'm not too proud to fold to a bullshit map design in order to get a 3 star version. I'll take the 2 and be content. If combat began immediately and you could hang back this would be so much simpler.

...well its supposed to be challenging - units are around lvl 35, so it would be weird if a lower level unit could tank multiple hits and survive. Then again you have Hector...so you could beat it once you level him up some more.

Only benefit would be that you would have 2 Narcians instead of one - but well....who knows he will likely be back and you can get the 15stam clear then.

Razmos

1. Mistranslation. It can heal an ally 2 squares away. Not all allies within 2 squares.

2. They won. Can still request after a victory. Only get Defense for the AI winning on behalf of your team.
Ohh well that is really lame. The range is still worth it but that is just a massive tease.

And I guess I need a better defense team then lol

Thank you :)

GenG3000

Is it better to do several full-5 pulls in a row instead of spending 20 orbs every day? Because I read that the pull rates reset every day at 8 am and there may be a bonus for those who do several pulls on the same day.

But thats how "farmable" works in this game so far. Unless they introduce mode or challenges where we can amass endless copies of units.

Okay maybe Reward units makes more sense, so yeah dont sell them off...because we dont know how or when we can get them again.
yeah it's more about the term use. some people might laugh if you said something that isn't farmable "farmable" :>

I recall someone here said you can't get them again even after rotations looped

cw_sasuke

Felicias stage setup is hilarious. So many options...lol
yeah it's more about the term use. some people might laugh if you said something that isn't farmable "farmable" :>

Yeah you are right about that - i will just refer to them as Reward units for now.
Makes more sense - i dont want anyone to sell of those units and blame me for it later lol.

ggx2ac

So I've noticed a lot of people are spending their 20k feathers on Effie.

Has anyone done it here? I'm just curious how she handles Takumi. How much damage can she take from him, how hard can she hit him? etc.

1upsuper

Do you guys suppose that we'll get these two banners again at some point? I'm not really familiar with how gachas work in this regard. I still want several of the special highlight characters but part of me thinks I should wait until next week.

Shun

How I finished Nacien map on hard.

Team: Tiki, Ryoma, Takumi, Katua all at Lv40.

As long as you have a Red or Blue character that can tank the blue mage and red knight, a red unit to OHKO Nacien, and a ranged unit to take care of the remaining mages and archers you will finish this map with ease.

You can replace Tiki with a Red/Blue tank, preferably dragon.
Replace Ryoma with any fast, high attack red unit.
Replace Takumi with any fast ranged unit that can beat archers/mages
Replace Katua with any lance or axe flier.

I will be labeling map spaces Horizontal by letters, Vertical by numbers.

What I did:

Step 1.
Send Tiki to A-6
Send Takumi to A-7
Send Ryoma to B-7
Send Katua to D-7

Step 2.

Send Tiki all the way to A-4 in range of the blue mage and red knight.
Send Takumi behind her, and Ryoma behind Takumi
Send Katua as far right as possible.

Step 3 (Enemy Phase)

Tiki should be able to tank a hit from the blue mage and the red knight.
The archers and Nacien will try and follow Katua for advantage.

Step 4 (Your Phase)
Send Takumi to A-7, Ryoma to A-5, then Send Tiki to A-6
Get Katua out of Nacien and archer range.

Step 5 (Enemy Phase)
The red knight will attack Ryoma and die.
Nacien attacks Ryoma and dies.
Remaining mages and archers try to chase you down.

Step 6 (Final)
Hide everyone else out of range.
Use Takumi to kill everyone else.

That's it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I put my hector in the choke point and that was that. Hope later events are more substantial.

Quonny

Yeah, the hard mode map Is dumb. All you need is a specific unit to tank the first volley of attack and not die. If you don't have that, it's over.

Shinypogs

Bless you Merric for you give no fucks about the narcian map. Need to level up fem corrin a bit more tank the hard mode versio. But I really only needed those two to do normal.

Tubobutts

I beat Nacien by using Nowi to lure the enemies out and then retreated back to the lower left corner immediately where I used Nowi and Roy to kill everyone with Elise healing.
--

This game really wants me to spend money since my last 3 full five summons have been complete crap and since I'm on the last chapter of lunatic, I don't have an easy way to get more orbs quickly.

For the hard mode narcian map, I had a flyer (Camilla) take out the archer by flying over the mountains, which then lured narcian down too. Then just lured the mages and sword guy to the bottom right to take them out.

That's not what the word farmable means. It's not simply getting something for free. It has to be repeatable as many times as the player could reasonably do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom