• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only level 23 or so, so I'm sure this'll probably stop working eventually as I get higher, but it seems I win most arena battles by getting Selena to throw Corrin (with the reposition skill) forward and immediately kill the most threatening unit on turn 1. It makes a nice break from having to lure things in with 1 unit and my Corrin is so tanky that she somehow doesn't die from the abusive treatment of being bowled into the middle of the enemy army :p

I was surprised when she 1v1'ed a 5 star marth too after the talk of how the advantage against dragons made the falcion users scary for dragon characters, but I suspect they were more likely thinking of green/red characters ike Nowi and Tiki :p
I can't even begin to imagine what she'll be like when I get her to 5 stars too, it's crazy to me that she gets an even more powerful breath weapon when she's already stomping most threats in a single turn as it is :eek:

vaporeon

So was Ephraim and Eirika.

C4Yf1iBUcAE3ceK.jpg

Man, they really upped the overly intricate and complex armor for them...

Kouriozan

I know gatcha games aren't exactly F2P or casual friendly.. but is this better than record keeper or FFBE? Both were horrible especially FFBE with its abysmal rates and rapid hastening power creep.
We're getting tons of gifts so far, and the 5* rates are 6 times higher than Brave Exvius.

vaporeon

I know gatcha games aren't exactly F2P or casual friendly.. but is this better than record keeper or FFBE? Both were horrible especially FFBE with its abysmal rates and rapid hastening power creep.
You get tons of free orbs for playing so far - enough to give you a fair chance of getting a decent pull. Just try not to be someone that is very dedicated to getting certain characters.
The pull rates for FE Heroes are way more generous than most gacha games out there.

Mupod

If other games are even worse than this that's insane. I'm pretty much at the point where I can't progress any more because I simply don't get anything.

Dragner

If other games are even worse than this that's insane. I'm pretty much at the point where I can't progress any more because I simply don't get anything.

FFBE is ultra bad. With 1% 5* rate. And theres even wort games like the idolmaster gacha games that have under 1% rates.

The new sword art game also seems abusive with 2 separated gachas for characters and weapons with low rates.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So is having a healer worth it at all at higher end play? Main team still only around 18-20 but I've been rocking Azama most of the time and he's been a pretty constant lifesaver. Just wondering if it's worth upgrading him from 4* to 5*

PK Gaming

So is having a healer worth it at all at higher end play? Main team still only around 18-20 but I've been rocking Azama most of the time and he's been a pretty constant lifesaver. Just wondering if it's worth upgrading him from 4* to 5*

Healers aren't particularly great in the arena. They're pretty good for the main campaign though.

Kouriozan

Was reading this : https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...ently_effie_gone_up_to_stier_and_here_is_why/

Recently most tier list sites updated Effie to S-Rank, why this slow one-tile moving unit is so good right now?
Highest total stats, mine is 184 equal to Hector's (may be 182-184 depends on RNG). I think the best Effie is -Speed +Res, unlucky mine is -HP +Res;
Base 55 Attack + 6 Attack (Death Blow 3) = 61 Attack just melt away everything not green, oneshotting the most common neutral units. (Rip Takumi and Robin);
Ultimate Red Killer = +20% vs Red equal wopping 73 Real Attack stat, oneshotting meta Red Lords is just too easy. (Rip Lyn, Lucina, Marth, Roy)
In the meta right now is basically trying to oneshot enemies before they oneshots you... Effie is so tanky, she just can't be oneshotted with Wary Fighter by denying double attacks when HP is above 50%.
Green mage can't oneshot her in one blow, they just get ass-spear'd the turn later with their crappy def stat.
Camilla low ATK stat does nothing vs Effie, allows your takumi to pick her easily the turn later.
Hector is only real 1vs1 viable counter vs Effie, due to Hector's high rarity in arena and low movement you can easily avoid him. (Bring Chrom or Tiki to counter Hector).
EDIT (Thank you for adding these):
1. Smite. Shove on steroids that allows your characters ridiculously high movement and can also push units over unpassable terrain like mountains/lava/river, very good for protecting a unit or getting that extra movement for the crucial kill.
Other counters tips are:
- Fredrick with Hammer + Luna defense shredding coming from nowhere Cav high 3 tile-mov and Wing of Mercy skill. - Mage/Dancer combo. Just chuck some magic, dance, then remove the mage from harms way. Repeat until Effie is under 50% HP and she's done. Olivia will be free tomorrow, you should pick her up.
- Effie can also lose to a mage 1v1 if you take advantage of untraversable terrain in the map, like pillars or mountains.
tl;dr.
What do you think of "Army of One" Effie? "Time to say Goodbye" - Effie 5*

And I'm even more glad I got her when I spent all my orb the other day.

Was reading this : https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...ently_effie_gone_up_to_stier_and_here_is_why/

And I'm even more glad I got her when I spent all my orb the other day.

Yea Effie is great, I only have her 4* but once I get enough feathers and blue badges she is one who is worth the mats to upgrade. She is a 1v1 monster and great at baiting ai forward, though green mages need to be avoided (who else besides cecilia though). Plus her smite to shove a unit 2 spaces is very great to get at an backliners.

Dragner

Effie is good, I have her at 4 * may update her in the future, right now with hector I dont have why, I can eat effies and takumis and opposing hectors all day.

rpmurphy

Hectors are pushovers in the arena. Often they block other teammates or get blocked themselves.
Well, the thing is that I don't have good red units to counter him at the moment, and the chip damage done by my colorless units and my armored lance knight has not been enough to overcome a lvl 40 Hector without being completely destroyed in a single turn or two, playing offensively or defensively. I've thus far only been able to beat a lvl 40 Hector team once.

lupin23rd

It's all RNG of course but I really prefer just pulling from the colors I want for specific banner characters. So deep devotion I was just opening the colorless for Takumi and then ending the summoning if there werent any. It might not be the most cost effective but I do have a decent amount of 5* now.

I was normally waiting until 20 and just going with it, but last night had 13 and with needing to level a but to finish the Lunatic story to get more, thought hey I just wanna summon. Got a board with two blue and one colourless so picked those hoping for Linda or Takumi.... got the latter :)

Firemind

Well, the thing is that I don't have good red units to counter him at the moment, and the chip damage done by my colorless units and my armored lance knight has not been enough to overcome a lvl 40 Hector without being completely destroyed in a single turn or two, playing offensively or defensively. I've thus far only been able to beat a lvl 40 Hector team once.
Mage or dragon will also suffice.

Good to see the improved Effie ranking. She was the first character that outperformed for me as a 4* early on, not that my team is all that great overall (still only one 5*, Marth). Nice art, too.

Firemind

Effie is good, I have her at 4 * may update her in the future, right now with hector I dont have why, I can eat effies and takumis and opposing hectors all day.
The point of Effie is that she can kill the red units Hector has trouble with. Completely different roles.

_woLf

We're getting tons of gifts so far, and the 5* rates are 6 times higher than Brave Exvius.

You get tons of free orbs for playing so far - enough to give you a fair chance of getting a decent pull. Just try not to be someone that is very dedicated to getting certain characters.
The pull rates for FE Heroes are way more generous than most gacha games out there.
This is extremely subjective. I re rolled for 6 hours on launch day and only saw one 5 star unit ever. I've rolled on that account another 5 or 6 times since and still haven't seen another 5 star.

It's the same as others to me.

Clov

How do you get some of those large gems? I need a bunch of different colors to level up my over level 20 characters, but I'm not sure where to earn them.

Wiseblade

Takumi is OP as fuck and needs nerfed extremely badly.

That is all.
He's great, but there's definitely counters to him. The real problem is that there's so few cavalry units in the current meta. He hits the ever-present sword users from range and debuffs them as they approach. A cavalry unit that could sneak in with a brave weapon would obliterate him.

He's great, but there's definitely counters to him. The real problem is that there's so few cavalry units in the current meta. He hits the ever-present sword users from range and debuffs them as they approach. A cavalry unit that could sneak in with a brave weapon would obliterate him.

You can also defeat him by bringing along a unit to fling people at him in a single turn from outside of his range. Effie's smite or the reposition skill for example. I'm assuming the unit you toss in would one-shot him of course :p

I'm lucky that I have some units that can kill Takumi. Hinoka is actually decent at taking him out, wait till he comes forward, then just go in and she will kill him before he retaliates, making it a clean kill. Ryoma also can 1v1 Takumi by going into his attack range, getting hit first, then killing him when it is your turn. I have a 4* Setsuna, but her freaking kit is extremely specialized, it basically makes her a ninja and bow hunter, since they can't followup on her.

That's the one name I'll never accept, why couldn't they just call him Seti or something since the tome is Forseti ;_;

Maybe they thought naming him after a magic tome was kind of dumb, but then again that's kind of in-character for Levin... I'm sorry, Lewyn.

Shouta

It'll remain to be seen. They haven't added any real content or more characters to the game yet so we don't know if it'll be better or worse than other gacha games. I can see the potential for it to be worse but they might not do that though.

Games that are around longer tend to do strats to help retain the userbase to. So there's a chance this will have those down the line like when FFRK added Guaranteed 5 stars and higher rates

I'm getting shitty rolls on these summons. A couple of good 4 stars but most are just duplicate 3 stars and for some reason I got 2 Robins. All I want is Takumi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom