• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

SMlR0t3.png

SCo4v7S.png

Vxo6Bcf.png

Still downloading... but

Does this follow the formula of the previous Horizon demos? Unskippable intro, lead in to first race with default controls (all assists), followed by two or three more events that you can avoid to go exploring the world a bit?

Outrun

Still downloading... but

Does this follow the formula of the previous Horizon demos? Unskippable intro, lead in to first race with default controls (all assists), followed by two or three more events that you can avoid to go exploring the world a bit?

Yes. Same pattern here.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Game is gorgeous so far, but is there no HDR in the demo? My TV isn't in HDR mode and I don't see a setting for it.

I love the fact that recorded so many names and it defaulted to my RL name.

How?

How have they done this?

Helios you have some explaining to do.

I imagine no longer being a cross-gen game probably helps. They can go crazy with the map and such knowing there won't have to be a 360 version.

Now just imagine a PC exclusive version...

I just want to say that it's easy to find imperfections in the screenshots, but overall and in motion the game looks absolutely incredible.

I just want to say that it's easy to find imperfections in the screenshots, but overall and in motion the game looks absolutely incredible.

I'm actually struggling to find them in the still shots. The most I can come up with is the aliasing on the edges of the vegetation. If that's all I can see then this must be the best looking game yet lol.

HeliosT10

Game is gorgeous so far, but is there no HDR in the demo? My TV isn't in HDR mode and I don't see a setting for it.

I love the fact that recorded so many names and it defaulted to my RL name.

The demo on Xbox One isn't HDR enabled, but the full game on Xbox One will be.

Game looks absolutely gorgeous on xbox, although I am not really in love with Australia (the game setting! not the country) yet, whereas with FH2 I absolutely loved Italy from the start.

The new drivatar follower stuff is interesting, new to the series. You can recruit drivatars into your team (?) by beating them in head to head races, not sure exactly what you get for that.

Otherwise it seems to more or less follow the forza horizon games

Starting the game in the Lambo Centenario seems unfair, the car sticks to the ground like a dream. Its going to be rough driving the shit cars after this.

I'm actually struggling to find them in the still shots. The most I can come up with is the aliasing on the edges of the vegetation. If that's all I can see then this must be the best looking game yet lol.
The main one I notice in the screenshots that I don't notice in gameplay is grass draw distance, in gameplay it loads in pretty quickly.

Zojirushi

Those 30fps feel just as fantastic as in FH2 I don't know how they do it.

Hopefully this will be as good on PC in case I wanna go nuts and play this in 4K or something.

Trup1aya

I imagine no longer being a cross-gen game probably helps. They can go crazy with the map and such knowing there won't have to be a 360 version.

Now just imagine a PC exclusive version...

FH2 wasn't really a cross-gen game.

The 360 version was made by a different studio, with a different map, based on FH1's toolset.

PG made The Xbox one version of FH2 without being shackled by the 360 in any way. This game looks so great because PG is awesome, has learned their way around the hardware, and shares tech with The Motorsport team.

I highly, highly recommend turning off skills and notifications off in the HUD menu, and setting driving line only to braking instead of full. Gets rid of the clutter on screen and gives a significantly more clean and enjoyable look to the game. The constant skills and notifications popping up on screen can be a bit annoying and you don't really need them imo.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The pictures posted in here are insane. And that's without seeing it run on an HDR-enabled screen.

I had lost interest in HDR for this year due to reading about the lag input, but not only do I want to see this game HDR like now, but I am definitely getting a monitor/TV with HDR with the lowest amount of lag possible for the Scorpio launch.

My goodness.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The demo on Xbox One isn't HDR enabled, but the full game on Xbox One will be.

Well poop.

Still, it looks amazing as is, it should be even better with HDR.

GWX

I'm going to tackle this demo the same way I'm tackling Forza Horizon via BC: ABS enabled, cosmetic damage, and everything else disabled (incluing rewinding and driveline). I'm terrible at racing games, but I'm slowly getting better :p. Can't freaking wait.

Is there going to be a Friend thread for this game? I want a lot of Forza players on my friends list.

Anyway, gamertag is Fleet of Foot

I'm still playing a lot of FH2 while I wait. Definitely going to play this demo a ton too.

I'm going to tackle this demo the same way I'm tackling Forza Horizon via BC: ABS enabled, cosmetic damage, and everything else disabled (incluing rewinding and driveline). I'm terrible at racing games, but I'm slowly getting better :p. Can't freaking wait.
Same, except I kept getting slammed and t-boned by other racers when exploring the open world that I eventually had to turn off even cosmetic damage.

desu

Demo is really meaty, almost too much. If you don't like what you've played you won't like the full game either.

Game looks fantastic on XBONE, loved what I've played. Really hope the PC version won't be messed up at launch. This will look so rad in 4k/60fps with extra AA.

DirtyLarry

Please refresh my memory...
If one plays the demo and then plays the full game (I already have it preordered), nothing they do in the demo carries over to the full game correct?
If so as tempting as it it, I will just wait for the full game.

If progress somehow does carry over, I will be checking it out tonight.

Copying my post from the other thread:

How can you upload from the photo mode? where is the picture on the xbox to share?
Is it possible to access the photo you took from the PH mode inside FH3 demo itself?

Video 1
Video 2
Also: videos and gif I just made amazing looking game can't wait! :D

Those transitions from loading to gameplay are amazing :D

K8cCyQH.gif

MEmRi97.gif

JaggedSac

Please refresh my memory...
If one plays the demo and then plays the full game (I already have it preordered), nothing they do in the demo carries over to the full game correct?
If so as tempting as it it, I will just wait for the full game.

If progress somehow does carry over, I will be checking it out tonight.

I'm just waiting as well. Gonna be busy with Recore for a few days anyway.

Top Bottom