• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

T.O.P

Banned
K8cCyQH.gif

MEmRi97.gif

giphy.gif

JaggedSac

Holy helios does it look like your sharpness setting is WAAAY too high.

Also, the image seems washed out. Your TV might be RGB Range Full (PC) while your Xbox One is set to RGB Range limited (TV).

Looks like it was cropped from a photo taken from a phone, not sure you can make those assumptions given that.

Popsickles

Am I missing something or didn't Microsoft say that the UWP platform was universal across devices, surely that would mean that the Xbox demo should run on PC or was that usual MS bullshit PR.

Game looks incredible !
mobile.2055gul4.jpg

Drew Scanlon is in this game!

Can't wait to play this on PC, if in fact the store lets me download it... Unlike Apex, that won't let me because it says my PC is missing hardware or features.

What a fucking piece of shit that store is.

MouldyK

Lol, Drift Zones with a wheel.

20 minutes? Could only muster 3,000 Points...

...first time with controller? 35,000...

...still using the Wheel for 99% of the game which don't want me drifting.

DirtyLarry

I'm just waiting as well. Gonna be busy with Recore for a few days anyway.
Same. I also picked up Recore as well, and I just have limited time to game these days, so do not want to play the same things twice if that is indeed what happens, and I am pretty sure it does iirc.
Confirmation would be nice though.

Trup1aya

Am I missing something or didn't Microsoft say that the UWP platform was universal across devices, surely that would mean that the Xbox demo should run on PC or was that usual MS bullshit PR.

lol it's not that the pr is bullshit, but you have an extremely simplistic understanding of the development platform.

You CAN write an application that runs on both PC and Xbox, but the more you optimize for specific hardware, the more variance there will be between versions.

You'll never see a complex AAA game written for Xbox that will run well on PC without a significant amount of extra work.

GWX

Man, the demo was already downloaded when I got home, what an awesome surprise (I really thought the download would take ages). We eatin'!

Metzhara

The Microsoft Store has a 2.8 out of 5 rating because the PCMR is apparently in the belief that it's justified to tank a gamescore because a demo isn't supported on your platform at this moment. I think I read maybe 2 complaints which seemed "legit".
And we think we're not entitled at times.

I'm glad to read people are loving the demo. Those photo mode images are... well let's just say I couldn't stand and my eyes were bleeding.

finalflame

So this finally dropped? XBO only or PC as well? Windows 10 still doesn't support sending an HDR signal, right? So SDR only on PC?

Shit wasn't up before I left my house for work this morning.

Bubba77

Finally get to put my 4k hdr tv to the test on xbox one S. Will download later. FH2 is my game of gen so far hands down so if this is even equal to that game ill be in love. Camt wait to play on new tv and then compare on my 1440p 144hz display on PC.

One question. Do they have the full intro cinematic available in the demo? Is it as amazing as the FH2 one was? I loved that intro.

First impressions. Game feels as great as ever. Water hazards are wonderful. Game looks as great as ever too, but shadows and a lack of AA make the road look noisy in forested areas.

Wish there were better replay camera options, and road signs are still unreadable unless you come to a full stop within 10 feet of them, and there's no road or area information on the HUD that I could see (maybe I had something disabled?).

Loved hunting down a Drivatar from my friend's list (Zorbs!) to sign him on an event racer. Nice touch :)

Played like a dream until the game stalled on a loading screen after the first circuit event :/

Velikost

Does playing the demo unlock anything in the full game? Already planning to get it, so I don't really want to download an 18 gb demo for nothing

Night.Ninja

Banned
Download speeds were fine for me, i was actually surprised how fast it downloaded. just loading it up now.

Killer instinct is soooo fucking addictive
ahh4.png

Top Bottom