• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

FH3 look great. Driveclub dethroned? FH3 is open world, but DC's got that weather.

qmzfuo.gif

ekim

Crosspost.

Impressions:
- it looks soooo good. I only have to nitpick that the dash cam (the one after cockpit view) makes the picture significantly darker and during mid daytime the picture looks quite busy and jaggy in the forest area
- rain droplets are too many even/especially in chase cam
- driving feels perfect
- music is perfect
- the main progression gameplay seems way better than in FH2
- driving on the left side in free roam will take some time to get used to
- the Byron bay town is just beautifully done
- I like the Australian setting very much. Lots of diversity even in the demo.
- the first intro races even made my GF say Wow multiple times.

I played until I was able to free roam and select my next event.

Questions:
- when I restart the demo, do I need to start from scratch or does the demo save your progress?
- time of day didn't change during the free roam seemingly. You also have the same experience there?
Do I have to progress to enable the day-night cycle?
- can I change the language of the game without having to change the system language?
- will there be a photo mode when in Drone mode?
- the drone does not fly above the height of a car. Is this normal?

FH3 look great. Driveclub dethroned?
Not even close.

FH3 is gorgeous though, and of course its doing a lot more in terms of physics and the whole open world. This is really starting to feel like Test Drive Unlimited with much better driving physics and polish across the board. TDU still has the ginormous map, but each Horizon has expanded its size and scope. Its also feels tight - with a solid through-line of progression, but all the open world freedom ta boot.

Really can't wait for the full release.

Crosspost.

Impressions:
- it looks soooo good. I only have to nitpick that the dash cam (the one after cockpit view) makes the picture significantly darker and during mid daytime the picture looks quite busy and jaggy in the forest area
- rain droplets are too many even/especially in chase cam
- driving feels perfect
- music is perfect
- the main progression gameplay seems way better than in FH2
- driving on the left side in free roam will take some time to get used to
- the Byron bay town is just beautifully done
- I like the Australian setting very much. Lots of diversity even in the demo.
- the first intro races even made my GF say Wow multiple times.

I played until I was able to free roam and select my next event.

Questions:
- when I restart the demo, do I need to start from scratch or does the demo save your progress?
- time of day didn't change during the free roam seemingly. You also have the same experience there?
Do I have to progress to enable the day-night cycle?
- can I change the language of the game without having to change the system language?
- will there be a photo mode when in Drone mode?
- the drone does not fly above the height of a car. Is this normal?

Thanks for feedback - sounds awesome!

Was wondering about time of day too. Didn't see any obvious transitions, but didn't play very much yet. will experiment and free roam some more tonight.

I liked the rain - didn't make the road ahead impossible to see in cockpit view like DC does so often.

leng jai

Not even close.

FH3 is gorgeous though, and of course its doing a lot more in terms of physics and the whole open world. This is really starting to feel like Test Drive Unlimited with much better driving physics and polish across the board. TDU still has the ginormous map, but each Horizon has expanded its size and scope. Its also feels tight - with a solid through-line of progression, but all the open world freedom ta boot.

Really can't wait for the full release.

About time. TDU with handling the isn't dreadful is my dream open world racing game.

Top Bottom