• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Newlove

My download speed started off well but now I'm at 53% and it's stuck at 2mb a second. Probably won't be able to play tonight at this rate :(

GHG

m8HsDrH.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11171-1390414625-5.gif

Played about 30 minutes. Game is amazing. Ultimate edition here I come. See y'all on the 23rd.

f@luS

More than a member.
This game haa HDR right one Xbox ?
Will get my S on September 22... Can't wait to try it on my oled

Can I play it offline ? The full game. I won't take gold on the Xbox. Or is it mostly a MP game ?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Seeing [GAF] tags on friends in-game, I guess this is from the ForzaGAF club because I can't find any clan functionality in the demo or am I missing something?

Noobcraft

Can I play it offline ? The full game. I won't take gold on the Xbox. Or is it mostly a MP game ?
It's a single player racer. It pulls data from the cloud (your friends list too) to dictate AI behavior. It also has a free roam multiplayer mode.

Yeah this game is primarily a single player experience, you'll be fine.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Arghhh I want to play that :c

Was this captured in game or is it from a trailer? Because I still can't tell if that is actual video game footage of if it's real life
Considering that you can't see the actual car in the reflections... I'd say it's the game :p

But it does look puuurty

You can 100% play offline, if you can connect online once in a while it'll download drivatars and populate the world with those as drivers.

You can 100% play online as well, with up to 10 people (I believe, the limit was 10 anyways in the first few zone of FH3 I played) racing around in the same world as you and doing multiplayer events. Can host or join friends in public or private lobbies.

And you can mix and match, playing solo in your own world with drivatars and going online for races and matches whenever you want.

ekim

Was this captured in game or is it from a trailer? Because I still can't tell if that is actual video game footage of if it's real life

Most probably ingame with all hud disabled. The game looks like this. I very often do look left and right. The motion blur is fantastic. And without much foliage on the screen the IQ is very clean.

I keep on forgetting that people drive on the left side in Australia lol. Something I still need to get used to, I constantly drive into npc cars while free roaming.

You can 100% play offline, if you can connect online once in a while it'll download drivatars and populate the world with those as drivers.

You can 100% play online as well, with up to 10 people (I believe, the limit was 10 anyways in the first few zone of FH3 I played) racing around in the same world as you and doing multiplayer events. Can host or join friends in public or private lobbies.

And you can mix and match, playing solo in your own world with drivatars and going online for races and matches whenever you want.
Just... so fucking good. They covered all the bases here.

veidi

How can I get the Free Roam Intro video? That looked fantastic and makes me really excited!
I also want to show this to a friend to get him into Horizon =D

The game looks absolutely fantastic and I mean that. But mate, if you are seeing pop in like that in real life somewhere then you either need to see a doctor or talk to a physicist and document the parallel universe that is bleeding into ours. I blame CERN personally.

Played about 30 minutes. Game is amazing. Ultimate edition here I come. See y'all on the 23rd.
That gif makes the FOV issues I'm going to have very obvious, wide-angle effect to make it feel faster, like all Forza games. I wish Forza and GT would get more shit from the community for not having FOV options (GT kinda has it with triple-monitor trick, but it's far from great) even some shooters have it on console these days, they don't need it anywhere near as bad as a racing game. I want one meter distance in the game to look like one meter in real life to judge my distance to a corner, to the apex and to other cars on the street.

Edit: And seat position!

A couple of observations.

-The cars feel a little different. A little more weighty.
-The crash effects also sound much better
-Overall sound effects seemed improved as well
-The demo has a good mix of FH1 and 2 vibes
-The location looks wayyy more interesting that 2
-Keira is much better than that douchebag from 2 already. "amirite mate!"

I was a little apprehensive but I'm loving it so far

leng jai

I really hope this is the case, the audio in Horizon 2 was pretty mediocre. The crashes in particular sounded pitiful.

Seeing [GAF] tags on friends in-game, I guess this is from the ForzaGAF club because I can't find any clan functionality in the demo or am I missing something?

I don't think it's from the ForzaGAF club since those clubs are different than the in-game clubs.

I saw Zorbs' tag, which I figured Helios/PG set up for him since he's a club leader. Not sure about anyone else, and yeah, the club stuff isn't in the demo.

jond76

Banned
They need to add an on foot exploration mode. These vistas are fantastic. Some of the caves.... I want to stop and look around!

Deception

Do games download faster if you turn off your Xbox?

Asking for a pretty desperate friends here.
I find if it's starts to slow down on the DL speed, hard reset your xbox and it should go back up. For reference my DL was down to 6-10 Mbps, hard reset and I'm back up to 55-70.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what the "drop in drop out co-op campaign" is made up of? Is it more than just doing the single player campaign races, but racing against some friends as well?

atomico

It seems "Ready to play" means you can load up the logo video and watch a slideshow of pretty car pictures as the game finishes until the game finishes downloading.

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter I couldn't play the game before leaving for work :(

I really hope this is the case, the audio in Horizon 2 was pretty mediocre. The crashes in particular sounded pitiful.

It's not perfect but It's an improvement over all the previous Forza games for sure.

There's some complaint about the LOD but I distinctly recall FH2 having that issue as well. I'm thinking that it was very prevalent initially but lessen over time. Perhaps they improved it updates or maybe they cached them on your system over time. Or I might be remembering wrong

f@luS

More than a member.

Any online feature like this without gold or it's needed ? Beside Multiplayer

So were they showing PC and saying it was Xbone? These shots are showing a different game. Draw distance and foliage being the main gripes. Again.

This demo gives off an amazing first impression of this game, even more so than the FH2 demo did. There are so many interesting environments and the driving is just so much fun. Definitely day 1 for me, and I might even talk myself into the Ultimate Edition.

So were they showing PC and saying it was Xbone? These shots are showing a different game. Draw distance and foliage being the main gripes. Again.

Probably, and usually is always the case if possible. The game looks gorgeous regardless though, I wouldn't worry about it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Digital foundry said their footage was from a Microsoft press event running on an Xbox One S.

Lego Boss

I wish she would stop calling me boss, l'm not Solid Snake

Laws00

So the game keeps asking me if I want to buy the game already.

im wondering if anybody has bought the game when its promoted any dialog has or does change if you bought the game before hand

Download speed is fine for me.
Can anyone tell me how long is the demo?

It's the intro race, a mandatory showcase event, then you can free roam (for as long as you want it seems) between what looks like four race events. I assume once you finish those it's over but I haven't done it yet.

Also, has anyone noticed the landing physics seem a lot bouncier and realistic? I can't wait to throw something soft like a Range Rover about in this game.

willbsn13

Demo Impressions (From playing at a mates, still downloading on my actual XB1 unfortunately)

• FH2 was already a good looking game. FH3 makes it seem bad in comparison. PG are wizards. One of the best looking games on the XB1 to date, although they may have sacrificed a bit of performance (bigger LOD pop in, less AA) but the trade-off was worth it, definitely.
  • The physics feel refined; even more responsive than FH2 and just fun to drive. The feeling when you go through a body of water is a nice touch.
  • Drone Mode is awesome. Wish you could go a little higher though.
  • SKYBOXES
  • Sounds are amazing. Even things like crash and bump sounds are better than FH2.
  • The map feels way more open and alive than FH2. I feel like there's definitely more of an element of "I can see it, I can go there". (Atleast more than FH2). The varied terrain is going to add wonders to replayability

So far its such a huge step-up from FH2 in so many ways. I'm loving it and can't wait for release. Hats off to PG/T10 again.

RoKKeR

This game... absolutely incredible. I knew I was going to love it, but once you are racing through the world, admiring the cars and scenery, listening to the sublime soundtrack... it all just comes together so well.

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

kkxrEja.gif

Now, whether or not to shell out for the Ultimate Edition...

Oh, and Drone Mode is fucking awesome! And that SunhiLegend .gif is ridiculous.

Top Bottom