• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Noobcraft

dhVJ5Gc.gif

You'll never want to go back! Absolutely loving mine for gaming and programming :).

So true. I went from 2x 27 inch monitors to a 34 inch widescreen last year and never looked back. Yes, work and gaming is so much better. Can't go back to dual/triple screen setups now.

Yeah let's go back to the fast travel system from 1 where you were only able to fast travel to the outposts (and had to pay a fee too until you did all PR stuns for an outpost) and had to pay real money to unlock fast travel anywhere.

I don't personally remembering the real money part, but yes, I actually did enjoy the PR stunts more than driving around destroying pointless signs. Also, I don't think fast travel should be accessible from every point, similar in open world RPGs like Morrowwind. Eventually just becomes menu navigation to reach your next destination. But that's all just personal preference of course.

Noobcraft

I know Gears has co-op crossplay only (because of m/k vs controller), but why would FH3 have this limitation?
If I had to guess I'd assume they're doing it because of the framerate advantage PC users will potentially have, but I don't know. They announced it as a co-op thing at E3, BUT it looks like on the Forza forums it includes every mode including competitive. Helios pls clarify.

What they said at E3 said:
We’re making the most of that cross-platform play with our four-player campaign co-op. Everything that is in Forza Horizon 3’s solo campaign can be played with up to four players in cooperative mode.

What a Turn 10 employee said on the Forza Forums said:
Cross Play in Horizon 3 covers all online modes, co-op, competitive, and "playground" modes like King, Infected, and the new Flag Rush modes.

terrible

Banned
I miss money meaning something. If you drive with assist off it feels like cheating, because of all the extra money you get that I will never use.

I play for the driving, not the collecting or grinding. It's just a needless barrier that prevents me from enjoying all the content that the devs worked their asses off to create. To each his own though.

roMonster

I'm a firm believer that the 1080 isnt good enough to push 1440x3440 but this game has me researching evga 1080s and their step up program.

Lego Boss

I play for the driving, not the collecting or grinding. It's just a needless barrier that prevents me from enjoying all the content that the devs worked their asses off to create. To each his own though.

It's just so relaxing cruising around exploring. Forza Horizon is one of the best stress busters after exercise. The rest is up to you, but having that freedom? I don't know any other game, that just ALLOWS you to do that.

In that sense it is unique. Do the other stuff or not, but just enjoy it for what it is, possibly the best open world franchise of the last five years.

If it's anything like FM6, then the money from winnings is absolutely meaningless compared to the level-up wheelspin money. Overall, the winnings-money is probably less than 10% of the money you've made after 200 driver levels, even if you turn pretty much all assists off and drive on pro-difficulty. Well, it's definitely under 20%... hmm, now I'm tempted to calculate that, I still got my driver-level winnings table saved.

LostDonkey

So wait what? I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly.

Say I'm on my PC and I just want to go for a random cruise in freedrive with my buddy on Xbox one. Can I do that?

I'm a firm believer that the 1080 isnt good enough to push 1440x3440 but this game has me researching evga 1080s and their step up program.

I've been rocking my 3440x1440 with a GTX 980 Ti Classified for a while now. Some games I have to knock some settings down, but for the most part It's been just fine. No reason to jump to a GTX 1080 just yet.

GKB

No. It's nothing like The Crew in that sense.

Money gets thrown at you from left and right compared to the Crew. If the money you get from races and challenges is not enough you can get free money from the Forza rewards and/or use the VIP program which increases the payout and gives you free cars.

Money will be the least of your problems in Forza Horizon or any Forza game for that matter.

That's good to know, thanks!

I'll pre-order/buy as soon as the game supports my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. Kind of weird that they already announced support for MOMO, even though DFGT seems to be more commonly used.

AMUSIX

The demo looks to be about a third of the map (or more?). Not bad, but somehow doesn't feel like it'll be bigger than Horizon 2. I know it's supposed to be twice the size, but it's just not coming across that way. Maybe it's the fact that the space feels more open this time, and Horizon 2 was more sectioned?

In any case, absolutely loving the demo. I've rerun it three times to try the different cars they offer you, and still can't decide on which one is the most fun.

Just wish they had my control scheme available. I still do not understand any developer that doesn't put in the ability to customize controls. Just let me put e-brake on RB! Well, there is one preset that has that, but it also puts camera controls on the face buttons, so that's useless.

The demo looks to be about a third of the map (or more?). Not bad, but somehow doesn't feel like it'll be bigger than Horizon 2. I know it's supposed to be twice the size, but it's just not coming across that way. Maybe it's the fact that the space feels more open this time, and Horizon 2 was more sectioned?

In any case, absolutely loving the demo. I've rerun it three times to try the different cars they offer you, and still can't decide on which one is the most fun.

Just wish they had my control scheme available. I still do not understand any developer that doesn't put in the ability to customize controls. Just let me put e-brake on RB! Well, there is one preset that has that, but it also puts camera controls on the face buttons, so that's useless.

I wonder if it's just more open than 2? 2 was plenty open, but there was still a lot of cases of just arbitrary fences stopping you from going everywhere. Even in the intro part of the demo there was a lot more variety and freedom than it felt like 2

The Xbox One has an app to remap all of the buttons to anything else. You could try that.

Fishook

Never played a Horizon game, I presume you can play most of the game single player, as I tend to play games at unsocial times and never bother with co-op or multiplayer these days.

PC user by the way

Vitacat

Never played a Horizon game, I presume you can play most of the game single player, as I tend to play games at unsocial times and never bother with co-op or multiplayer these days.

PC user by the way

Definitely. You don't have to play coop or mp.

Fishook

Cool, Its just the cost which putting me off ATM (but if its going to last me for ages I don;'t mind, but I did enjoy Forza 2 on my Xbox 360. I am itching to play a new driving game on my new rig. The Forza beta thing was excellent for a few hours

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is it saving the game at all during the demo? Or am I wasting my time discovering all these roads and will have to do it again in the full game?

Haines

Banned
I've liked the demo for 2 and 3.

I wonder if it makes more sense to grab 2 on sale before this one or is this one going to be a vast improvement.

I liked the offloading bucket list for sure.

terrible

Banned

I wonder if it makes more sense to grab 2 on sale before this one or is this one going to be a vast improvement.

The correct answer is the buy both if you have the time and money for both. FH3 seems like a pretty clear improvement over FH2 but that doesn't stop FH2 from being really fun too.

So reviews should hit on Tuesday then?

Would be great to see Playground getting into that 90+ Metacritic territory.

I cant wait to read more about how it all comes together with the career, co op, blueprints etc.

I'm in the same boat, I don't know whether should I wait for 3 or get 2.

I've never played a Forza Horizon game before but the demo sold me.

Top Bottom