• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

Noobcraft

Some gameplay screenshots from Drone Mode.
screenshot-original4or4n.png

screenshot-originalmaob4.png

screenshot-originaly1qs2.png

screenshot-originalvbrrd.png

Any word on if they removed the annoying "road trip" bullshit after each series of races from 2? I mean, It was fine when it was introducing each new area of the game, but eventually it was really tedious. Also, does anyone wish they would bring back the fast travel system from 1? It made you work for each destination instead of just paying a fee to travel.

dedhead54

Any word on if they removed the annoying "road trip" bullshit after each series of races from 2? I mean, It was fine when it was introducing each new area of the game, but eventually it was really tedious. Also, does anyone wish they would bring back the fast travel system from 1? It made you work for each destination instead of just paying a fee to travel.

I'm actually curious about this as well. For the first 15 or so hours I didn't mind it but eventually it grew a little tiresome. As much as I loved just driving in the world I didn't like always having to make these trips with no option to just fast travel there.

HMC

My wallet (in Chris Tucker's voice): I TOOOOLD yo dumbass not to play dat damn demo MANNNNN!

Seriously, Playground/Turn 2 should license that sky tech.

AsianOni

It'll we like 2 for the fast travels I think (with the fast travel pannels to destroy).

ElNino

Might have been the case at one point but a lot of newer models added in are American versions.

For instance the XJ220 used to be RHD but with the newer remodelled version it's a LHD.

Also the black wheel nuts for the XJ220 make it over from FM6 even though they were fine in FH2.

T10 are weird.
But that's the point. They model the car based on the region they get it from Sometimes they are NA models and sometimes they are EU/JPN. But the wheel position should be correct for the one they model, they don't just make it left or right because they feel like it (at least I don't believe they do).

My wallet (in Chris Tucker's voice): I TOOOOLD yo dumbass not to play dat damn demo MANNNNN!

Seriously, Playground/Turn 2 should license that sky tech.

If you thought the demo was good... just wait til you play the full game. Your wallet may hate you but you're gonna love it!

Always pays to wait with digital pre-orders.

Got an email for $25 off any purchase of $75 or more from the MS store.

So I got the ultimate digital edition for $75 plus they were offering $10 in MS credit for ordering FH3 from there, so I basically got it for $65.

GKB

I've never played Forza Horizon before, how grindy is it?

I recently played The Crew, it took several hours just to get a mid-level car. I'm hoping that's not the case with Horizon.

But that's the point. They model the car based on the region they get it from Sometimes they are NA models and sometimes they are EU/JPN. But the wheel position should be correct for the one they model, they don't just make it left or right because they feel like it (at least I don't believe they do).

I was pretty sure back in the early days they tried to get every car from their original region. I remember every japanese car having RHD but now a lot of them in newer Forzas are LHD.

Any word on if they removed the annoying "road trip" bullshit after each series of races from 2? I mean, It was fine when it was introducing each new area of the game, but eventually it was really tedious.

Not sure, but this new convoy feature makes me think road trips are still in.

Also, does anyone wish they would bring back the fast travel system from 1? It made you work for each destination instead of just paying a fee to travel.

FH1 lets you just pay a fee too. I don't think the systems are that much different, but I think I prefer FH2 because it lets you eventually earn free fast travel in game.

I recently played The Crew, it took several hours just to get a mid-level car. I'm hoping that's not the case with Horizon.

No. It's nothing like The Crew in that sense.

Caayn

Money gets thrown at you from left and right compared to the Crew. If the money you get from races and challenges is not enough you can get free money from the Forza rewards and/or use the VIP program which increases the payout and gives you free cars.

Money will be the least of your problems in Forza Horizon or any Forza game for that matter.

Lima

Yeah let's go back to the fast travel system from 1 where you were only able to fast travel to the outposts (and had to pay a fee too until you did all PR stuns for an outpost) and had to pay real money to unlock fast travel anywhere.

And even the outpost challenges only let you earn a 75% discount. Love FH1, but it's kind of obnoxious in regard trying to generate microtransactions.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'd pay for a road radar that would highlight areas that I haven't uncovered yet. Wouldn't even mind if it didn't kick in until I'd found 90+% of roads. In FH2 I literally drove laps around the map in an attempt to find the last few bits of undiscovered road. Wasn't fun anymore but I had to finish it.

gossi

It's an incredible demo. It sets the tone perfectly, it's really fun, it's quite a big demo, and it looks better than any driving game I've seen before.

LostDonkey

I'd pay for a road radar that would highlight areas that I haven't uncovered yet. Wouldn't even mind if it didn't kick in until I'd found 90+% of roads. In FH2 I literally drove laps around the map in an attempt to find the last few bits of undiscovered road. Wasn't fun anymore but I had to finish it.

It's highlighted which roads you hadn't been down on the minimap in FH2.

I remember doing it myself. The roads you hadn't been down were broken lines on the minimap and the completed roads were completed solid lines on the minimap.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's highlighted which roads you hadn't been down on the minimap in FH2.

I remember doing it myself. The roads you hadn't been down were broken lines on the minimap and the completed roads were completed solid lines on the minimap.

On the in-car map or the paused world map? I thought they were just grey or a lighter grey depending if you'd uncovered them? In that case I think I had a problem where a road wasn't quite uncovered but I couldn't see any dashes. It was annoying anyway.

In FH3 it just seems to have the dark grey/light grey, with dashes for off-road sections

LostDonkey

On the in-car map or the paused world map? I thought they were just grey or a lighter grey depending if you'd uncovered them? In that case I think I had a problem where a road wasn't quite uncovered but I couldn't see any dashes. It was annoying anyway.

In FH3 it just seems to have the dark grey/light grey, with dashes for off-road sections

They might have actually been a lighter grey haha I could be remembering that wrong. It wasn't the best solution but it did help you out. It's been a while since I played.

Daffy Duck

It's almost white to me when you've driven a road on the mini map, and dark grey when it's not been driven on, the problem comes when you get tiny little roads that link two like the bit at the airport that you can only really see when you zoom in on the full size pause world map.

Novocaine

Forza Horizon 3 OT : Holden for ya life.

I reckon Holden Ford your life.

Loving the demo, shame it doesn't save your progress and you have to start from the beginning again each time. Looks great though, so colourful. And I'm happy you drive on the correct side of the road!

Outrun

I reckon Holden Ford your life.

Loving the demo, shame it doesn't save your progress and you have to start from the beginning again each time. Looks great though, so colourful. And I'm happy you drive on the correct side of the road!

Are Holden owners civil to Ford owners? :p

We could do:

Forza Horizon 3 OT : Launch Control to Captain Falcon.

Novocaine

Are Holden owners civil to Ford owners? :p

We could do:

Forza Horizon 3 OT : Launch Control to Captain Falcon.

Well my Holden driving friends can be pretty uncivil to me. Until they're pissed and need a ride of course. Still, I'd be okay with sharing an OT title providing it was witty.

GlamFM

Banned
Catching up on all your beautiful screenshots and one thing is already super clear:

The troubles the went through for the skies pay off SO HARD!

I expect this to be the new standard - everybody will do it just like this from now on.

Wow.

Top Bottom