• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

leng jai

I'm in the same boat, I don't know whether should I wait for 3 or get 2.

I've never played a Forza Horizon game before but the demo sold me.

Pretty pointless getting two now when this is out in a week. It looks to be a vast improvement that will have hours of game play anyway.

RawNuts

Not if Tom Chick is still reviewing.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2014/10/10/cares-forza-horizon-2/

The Crew was his game of the year btw.
Damn, that review is hilarious, and the score is just icing on the cake. Had to Google the guy since I never heard of him before and it seems like he's famous for these off-the-mark reviews, as far back as Deus Ex.
It can always be said that reviews are opinions and always subjective, but after a certain pattern of reviews, it becomes obvious when someone can't recognize greatness. Oh well.

terrible

Banned

Interesting review. From reading that I'd just assume he didn't like racing games but you say The Crew was his game of the year?

What's with his obsession over the driving aids and corner cutting in regards to rival times. It's Forza Horizon, it's supposed to be fun for anyone. This isn't Formula One lol. I can only imagine what he thinks about blue shells and shortcuts in Mario Kart.

GHG

Gold Member

I agree with his sentiments regarding the driving line, the way the VIP pass works and rewind times being included in leaderboards but the rest... Opinions and all that I guess.

To be honest I had more fun with the demo for Horizon 3 than I have with certain full games that have high metacritic scores (shadow of mordor I'm looking at you). So with that said, I don't really care what "reviewers" or the metacritic score for this game will read in the end. I know I will have a ton of fun with it along with other like minded individuals and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Daffy Duck

Had to order the digital ultimate edition in the end as GAME had reached allocations for the physical version, and there was some sort of payment error in my favour too as I only ended up spending 69.99 for £80 credit.

I think it was to do with payment cards and my game card wallet.

Roll on Friday, pre loading now.

I play for the driving, not the collecting or grinding. It's just a needless barrier that prevents me from enjoying all the content that the devs worked their asses off to create. To each his own though.

As do I, I only use 10% of the cars in a forza game if that. But when the reward system is completely pointless the single player campain suffers, and I used to like doing them to earn money.

Lego Boss

I remember laughing at this two years ago and it's still hilarious today. What l like is that he slates the game for having a driving lime and then negs it for having the option to turn it off.

The fact it is an arcade (cartoon?!) game is just overlooked. I can understand a review which tries to critique something, but he feels like he has an agenda.

The Crew? Yeah right.

mike4001_

So reviews should hit on Tuesday then?

Would be great to see Playground getting into that 90+ Metacritic territory.

I cant wait to read more about how it all comes together with the career, co op, blueprints etc.

I think from what we have seen from this game 90+ is really possible.

Unless there are some strange things going one we have not heard about :)

about 85-90 should be a given

So reviews should hit on Tuesday then?

Would be great to see Playground getting into that 90+ Metacritic territory.

I cant wait to read more about how it all comes together with the career, co op, blueprints etc.

Embargos are up on 9/20 at 6AM PDT / 9AM ET. Expect the reviews to go live then.

Strootman

An 85/90+ metacritic would of course be nice but for me the player sentiment is more important!

dbp4mvk
Honestly FH2 already deserved a 90+ metacritic.

Blam

Helios is there somewhere I can look to see the details on cross platform play between Win10 and XB1 versions of FH3? At E3 it was announced that it would support Campaign Co-op but on the T10 forums one staff member said everything is crossplay.

What well thats what he means.

ekim

Helios is there somewhere I can look to see the details on cross platform play between Win10 and XB1 versions of FH3? At E3 it was announced that it would support Campaign Co-op but on the T10 forums one staff member said everything is crossplay.

Coop and cross play. Yes.

psychotron

Am I crazy or is the steering heavier in this? There's turns I feel like I should be able to make, yet I go off the road. I know they're pushing drifting a bit more, but idk. May just need time to adjust.

I miss my wheel and cockpit setup the most when games like this come around :(

Still, I'm glad I have an Elite controller for some reasonably nice manual gear changing!

JP

Just played through the demo for the first time and I'm loving it.

I seem to say it each time a new Forza Horizon is released but Playground Games games seem to be leagues ahead of Turn 10 in making fantastic games. I really miss the old games and I know that F6 was a major improvement over F5 but I do think these games have now surpassed what they offer.

I'd even go as far as saying that the really bright, arcade stylings to the cars looks so much more at home in these games.

I have to decide now whether I'm going top upgrade to the full game, I would normally be very happy to pre-order this but I do have a few other things pre-ordered and they'll probably be where my gaming goes over the next few months. I'll definitely pick it up at some point though as it should be fantastic.

JP

This makes no sense since what PG does isn't possible without T10.
I would imagine it doesn't make any sense at all when you reduce what I said to a portion of a single sentence and by doing that completely removing the context of what I actually said.

I was specifically talking the Horizon games in relation to the main franchise. I'm aware that neither team works in isolation and that technology will of course be shared between the two studios.

Now, you may not agree with my opinion in relation to whether you think that Playground Games make the more enjoyable games or not. That's OK, I have no issues with people having a different opinion to me, that's the way these things work.

golem

I seem to say it each time a new Forza Horizon is released but Playground Games games seem to be leagues ahead of Turn 10 in making fantastic games. I really miss the old games and I know that F6 was a major improvement over F5 but I do think these games have now surpassed what they offer.

I think alot of it is preference obviously but also that Horizon is allowed to have fun. Motorsport feels so serious alot of the time and after years of GT and Forza I think I've gotten my fill of those kinds of "shrines to driving/motorsport" games really.

Top Bottom