• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Rocketz

Just got back from GameStop after trading in Garden Warfare 2 for $30.

Pre-order is now set but I can't really play until Wednesday at like 1am when I get off work.

Echoes

So, what's the best way to go on with turning off assists? Keep in mind that I don't really understand cars and I'm a big fan of racing games just for the fun they provide. Is there a primer on this? Also wondering if I should do it gradually, or just turn everything (that you guys recommend) off and venture into the wilderness.

squared

Anyone else who can't join online sessions? Tried multiple times now, getting this error. And I have no idea why, but the server mentioned (in this case Australia East) changes every time, had three different US servers too. And i'm in Europe...

A friend who is playing can join a session no problem..

PNsmn1p.jpg

CSX

Servers have been quite slow. Takes forever to load paint designs.

It wasn't like that on midnight launch :\

DirtyLarry

No leaderboards when I try to check them out.
Cars taking upwards of a minute to download.
VIP working for some and not for others.
Play (Almost) Anywhere. ™
Welcome to the Ultimate Edition!!

I am still very much enjoying the game, and all of these issues luckily does not hamper one's enjoyment to play the game (well except for the VIP not working for some, that sucks).

I just do not get it with a series that has been around for as long as Forza has and also for it being a 1st party title how the power of the cloud still struggles. It probably would have been a real shit show without this 3 day early access and everyone played it the same day.

jesu

How did you get Groove Music to work? It's still showing as locked for me, do you actually have to unlock it at some point in the festival?

After you pick your 4th(I think) radio station, Groove unlocks too.

Groove Music isn't working for me. It says there is a playback error and to check network connection on both XB1 and Win10. Has anyone had this issue and fixed it?

Make a playlist in Groove on your PC with your songs and in the ingame audio settings pick that playlist.

Just got my Warthog code too!
Thanks Cortana.

I preordered the One version at Amazon but I want the preorder car from GameStop. If anyone preordered at GameStop and wants to trade please PM me. I think Amazing gives the Audi R8 but I want the Hellcat Challenger.

deoee

Make sure you're using your e-brake? The drift challenge with the GTR right? That one was pretty easy, just spam e-break and make as many turns as you can.

Yes I'm using the e-brake. But I have to accelerate after every drift that counts. I can't do it easily :/

Chorazin

So, what's the best way to go on with turning off assists? Keep in mind that I don't really understand cars and I'm a big fan of racing games just for the fun they provide. Is there a primer on this? Also wondering if I should do it gradually, or just turn everything (that you guys recommend) off and venture into the wilderness.

If you play for fun, you probably want to keep assists on. Turning them off adds more realism, which makes the game harder, which sounds like the opposite of what you want in a racing game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do I know if my VIP is working? Should I see something different when spinning, or when getting XP after a race? On PC at the moment. Have access to an Xbox one but won't be able to play on that for a day or two.

HeliosT10

How do I know if my VIP is working? Should I see something different when spinning, or when getting XP after a race? On PC at the moment. Have access to an Xbox one but won't be able to play on that for a day or two.

Two things are: Little crown next to your name, 2x credit rewards from wheelspins

You get those?

RoKKeR

There has to be a better way of getting all of these DLC cars into my garage than individually purchasing them all... right??

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Two things are: Little crown next to your name, 2x credit rewards from wheelspins

You get those?

Next to my name in the pause menu (top left)? No just plain. No idea if I get 2x rewards - if it's supposed to have a big '2x' ion then I don't get that. Buggered I guess.

KlawUK is my gamertag in case it helps.

HeliosT10

Next to my name in the pause menu (top left)? No just plain. No idea if I get 2x rewards - if it's supposed to have a big '2x' ion then I don't get that. Buggered I guess.

KlawUK is my gamertag in case it helps.

Just sent you a PM with some questions, hopefully you can help. You've only played the full game on PC to date right?

ekim

Finally got the time to discover a bit of the map. Holy moly it's really much more diverse than FH2. I'm already in love with the pink lakes.

desu

Urgh, offroad races with fast cars are still total pain in the ass, my most hated part about the game (or Forza Horizon in general).

shandy706

I have this on PC and X1. Looks incredible on X1.

Game is drop dead gorgeous on PC!!

I don't know what was up with some people's early PC screenshots.

Edit* Just happy I finally got to play!! Went and watched my Clemson Tigers beat Georgia Tech last night then played this when I got home earlier.

deoee

Just sent you a PM with some questions, hopefully you can help. You've only played the full game on PC to date right?

I'm also having the same issue if you need more feedback/questions answered. The Windows store does some weird stuff when looking at the UE add-ons with flipping back and forth between owned and showing a price.

Don't seem to have any of my bonuses added yet like VIP cars but I did get my loyalty cars. All up to Tier 8!
I wonder if the VIP stuff etc is only on the account that bought the game on PC. I had to make a new account on Xbox with my PC windows ID because I wouldn't get the free xbox version otherwise. I'll have to check the Xbox version once I've downloaded it.

No idea about the Warthog. Pre-ordered the game last week on the Windows Store.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
First Horizon game and I love it! So happy to finally have something I'm really enjoying with my racing wheel. I'd been regretting the purchase some as I didn't get into DriveClub or Project Cars as much as I hoped. This I love, and I like the little I've played of Forza 6 Apex as well.

Going to take a break though since the VIP shit is still borked on PC. Already wasted one spin, and I have a cold and could stand to play something a little more relaxing than a racing game with a wheel for a bit. Hopefully they get it fixed by morning and I can dive in more tomorrow.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm also having the same issue if you need more feedback/questions answered. The Windows store does some weird stuff when looking at the UE add-ons with flipping back and forth between owned and showing a price.

Yeah I had this (noticed when Helios asked me to check the store). Going to the FH3 ultimate page shows VIP as owned, but clicking on it suddenly changes to 'buy' with a price.

I'd bought and refunded the standard version and then bought the ultimate, not sure if that's common with others?

Momentary

Banned
The same credits I earn in the FOrza hub are the same credits carried over into the game?

Also I can't seem to find my All stars DLC... I have the VIP one. I'm on PC by the way.

Edit: I don't have the VIP cars and the game crashes whenever it ask me for my key.

Dartastic

I'm kinda super interested in thi sgame all of a sudden. So how does Play Anywhere work exactly? Is it possible to use my GCU discount at Best Buy for the PC version? It doesn't seem like I can apply my DCU discount to an Xbox One digital download code... I'm basically just trying to find the best price on this...

Yeah I had this (noticed when Helios asked me to check the store). Going to the FH3 ultimate page shows VIP as owned, but clicking on it suddenly changes to 'buy' with a price.

I'd bought and refunded the standard version and then bought the ultimate, not sure if that's common with others?

I just straight bought the Ultimate Edition.

The warthog code came today for me, it's on my ready to install list but won't install so I am assuming maybe the file isn't live yet, so can't be installed?

Screw it, I just bought the Ultimate Edition on Xbox One, and I'll return my preorder copy to Best Buy since it won't be here until tomorrow. Had my heart set on playing today, and NOTHING WILL GET IN MY WAY!

Do I need to wait until I get to the ingame car club to send a request to join, or can I do it now LOL.

Top Bottom