• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

RS4-

Oh, well apparently I'm not the only person that has problems starting the game now. Quite a few people in the last 20 mins or so can't even play.

so just got my warhog code. earlier i had launched halo 5 just in case. for those wondering where it is in game it looks like it's not releasing till the 27 according to the message with the code. something strange happened couldn't redeem the code via xbox had to use the computer to redeem. when i clicked the redeem button on xbox it just closed the message center.

I think the servers are janked right now across the board but I can assure you, you can drive the Warthog right now. I've done it.

A lot.

Seems like we have some licensing issues going on?

FH3 won't load on my non-home Xbox or either of my PCs but works fine on my home Xbox.

Oh, well apparently I'm not the only person that has problems starting the game now. Quite a few people in the last 20 mins or so can't even play.

Yeah. Not just you.

So I can't redeem the new messaged code for the preorder bonus vehicle.

But the bigger issue is I also noticed that the 10mb file I downloaded when I redeemed my warthog code is just gone now on my xb1. Totally disappeared which seems just weird to me. I hope that gets sorted soon because I really wanna drive that thing lol

As dumb as it sounds, the Warthog was a major selling point for me to spend the extra money to get the Ultimate Edition so i could play it early and im now pretty much having the same problem you are..

Played it once on PC and now the game just won't load at all. Splash screen comes up and then closes.

Tried a restart and nothing.

Edit: This might be a greater issue?

Do you have to be in a region that has Groove Music service (China is not supported) to use the onedrive streaming? I put music into Onedrive but it is not showing up in my Groove Music app.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm still waiting for Microsoft to cancel my request and the more I go the more I feel like telling them to never mind and just wait until Tuesday.

I'm deep into the new WoW expansion and I want to continue the F1 2016 career.

Also I don't really care about the cars so the car pass is kinda useless for me. I wish there was an ultimate version with the expansion pass instead of the car pass

zorbsie

Servers are messed up. Going to continue to add people to the GAF car club tomorrow. It's just taking too long and coming up with errors. Wish there was a website for the clubs. It would be so much easier to maintain it. Also, if I've added you as a friend and then stopped following you it's to make room for others. The system only shows the first 100 from my friends list. So I can't see everyone to add them. I've been trying to add people from the leaderboard of the #1 bucketlist, but the server is not playing ball. Tomorrow will be better I hope.

So I'm still waiting for Microsoft to cancel my request and the more I go the more I feel like telling them to never mind and just wait until Tuesday.

I'm deep into the new WoW expansion and I want to continue the F1 2016 career.

Also I don't really care about the cars so the car pass is kinda useless for me. I wish there was an ultimate version with the expansion pass instead of the car pass

They can do it during a live chat session. Not sure why it's taking so long for you, but it shouldn't.

Played it once on PC and now the game just won't load at all. Splash screen comes up and then closes.

Yeah. This is a known thing now. :/

Just got home to install the game. Getting an issue when trying to redeem my add ons. Looks like a documented issue. Hopefully it's fixed soon!!!!

The Timeless DJ is fantastic. His utter contempt for youth culture and the Horizon Festival is really funny.

Re Groove. I found it would play your own OneDrive music once you'd created some playlists in the Groove Music app.

Megasoum

Banned
They can do it during a live chat session. Not sure why it's taking so long for you, but it shouldn't.

So I contacted live chat yesterday when I got home from work. She told me they had "system problems" and that she would call me back.

When I still hadn't heard back by 11:30pm I re-contacted live chat and got bumped to a supervisor (I didn't ask or complain or anything...they just bumped me directly) and she told me that they had issues and would do it in the next 24 hours.

Still haven't heard back so now I'm in queue to ask them to... cancel the cancelation... Shit ok this is gonna be tricky to explain in the chat haha.

ncslamm

As buggy as this game is on PC, It's still a blast to play. I started playing this morning around 10am and played nonstop up until a few minutes ago. Once all of the issues get resolved I can see myself playing this for a long time.

Yeah.

Something Janky This Way Comes.

The readout adding up and showing my Skill Point Progression to the next level is gone. It's still doing the math and giving me Perk Points but...

I MISS IT

Ascenion

So when they are about to give you the SUV for the all terrain races, one of my dumb ass roommates turned on the Xbox One downstairs, which I ask them to keep offline, and I was signed out. So basically when I restarted my bedroom XB1 and signed back in it just never gave me the SUV or prompted me to get it so yeah I don't have a SUV, I am unable to buy one because the auto store isn't open yet and I can't win races in a BMW M4. Fuck my goddamn worthless roommate's life. I put a decent amount of time in exploring and getting billboards so I'm not about to restart this goddamn game. I refuse.

Dominator

So when they are about to give you the SUV for the all terrain races, one of my dumb ass roommates turned on the Xbox One downstairs, which I ask them to keep offline, and I was signed out. So basically when I restarted my bedroom XB1 and signed back in it just never gave me the SUV or prompted me to get it so yeah I don't have a SUV, I am unable to buy one because the auto store isn't open yet and I can't win races in a BMW M4. Fuck my goddamn worthless roommate's life. I put a decent amount of time in exploring and getting billboards so I'm not about to restart this goddamn game. I refuse.
Damn dude, relax. They probably just turned the Xbox on and it auto signed in. Doubt they did it on purpose.

Kssio_Aug

For study and work reasons I'm totally outdated about any gaming news.

I did LOVE Forza Horizon 2, bought it at launch and it is my favorite racing game ever. Never played Horizon 1 though (neither through GwG cause since I'm not playing recently I haven't renewed my GwG that unfortunately expired last month).

That said, I'm interested about getting the game as as soon as I get more time to play.

How is this game compared to FH2? I mean, specially about drivability gameplay and progress mechanics (such as events and stuff).

psychotron

Ultimate Edition installed and running on XB1 but my Warthog won't install. Keeps saying to check XBOX live services. Helios...help!!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Great. I can't play online cause it fails to resolve server address. Its not my DNS as I've tried my normal and google.

How the hell do I fix this? I even DMZed myself

squared

Great. I can't play online cause it fails to resolve server address. Its not my DNS as I've tried my normal and google.

How the hell do I fix this? I even DMZed myself

Same issue here :( I've tried joining online sessions like 25 times, never works.

According to the Xbox app, all connections are fine.

choco-fish

WOW!!

If you use the Drone to find a Barn Find it shows up on the map immediately so when you return to your car you can drive right to it.

AMAZE.

ooooh gonna have to try that, I only tried the drone in a suburb and it kept hitting invisible walls on the side of the roads, sounds like it works loads better in open space.

Spasm

this game.. this is the game
This is really the first time I've gotten to use my racing chair and wheel from the start of a game... I kinda sat down, and just lost myself in it for a couple of hours. Can't wait to get back to it. Stupid human body and its caloric requirements.

KAOS

Forza Horizon 3 is a Love Affair! Didn't think it would be better than FH2 and so far I've been proven wrong. Kudos to Playground Games! You did it again!

So I contacted live chat yesterday when I got home from work. She told me they had "system problems" and that she would call me back.

When I still hadn't heard back by 11:30pm I re-contacted live chat and got bumped to a supervisor (I didn't ask or complain or anything...they just bumped me directly) and she told me that they had issues and would do it in the next 24 hours.

Still haven't heard back so now I'm in queue to ask them to... cancel the cancelation... Shit ok this is gonna be tricky to explain in the chat haha.

I've found they work faster when you actually call support.

Bravoexo

29590306820_c1d4862311_z.jpg

PG, please fix 5760x1080's photo mode and Xbox Game DVR interface at 5760x1080. In photo mode, instead of a 5760x1080 screenshot, we get a 1920x360 pic.. If you bring up GameDVR game bar, it's on a different overlay... (blank screen) while the actual game is behind it.... (including when notifications pop in (like dropbox..etc), the whole screen blanks out, with the actual game running behind it)

Jorav

Gold Member
Does anyone else think the inclusion of race cars ruins the game? I'd like to drive the S2 class cars such as the Aventador SV, Regera etc though every event they include race cars which totally dominate the race.

While you can blueprint most events, even then i'm not sure you can exclude race cars from the events. Street races however can't be modified, so i basically only do events S-class and down.

denshuu

Yep, this is happening to me now too. I didn't have any issues at all besides the VIP stuff not showing up.. Now it won't even launch. :/

rrs

seems like the DLC stuff is in a state of being available and not at the same time.

Currently driving this in class A and just dominating every street race:
Does anyone else think the inclusion of race cars ruins the game? I'd like to drive the S2 class cars such as the Aventador SV, Regera etc though every event they include race cars which totally dominate the race.

While you can blueprint most events, even then i'm not sure you can exclude race cars from the events. Street races however can't be modified, so i basically only do events S-class and down.
I drove the BMW and man that thing has buckets upon buckets of tasty grip, perhaps placing such machine in X class could solve the fact I can go a zillion MPH through city curves

AcridMeat

Banned
Sit through 90 minutes of traffic getting home, only for the fucking game to fail on launch.

God damn my life.

edit: thankfully only took a restart. I was about to lose it.

Top Bottom