• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Szczepan

Neo Member
Yeah I had this (noticed when Helios asked me to check the store). Going to the FH3 ultimate page shows VIP as owned, but clicking on it suddenly changes to 'buy' with a price.

I'd bought and refunded the standard version and then bought the ultimate, not sure if that's common with others?

I see this as well. I bought the ultimate code from newegg and redeemed on PC. Never played on Xbox. VIP not showing in game.

Finally unlocked Clubs!!!!

I signed up (GT: KidInsomnia) on the spreadsheet but heard earlier that invites haven't gone out yet?

Looking forward to it, y'all!!!

Dartastic

I'm kinda super interested in thi sgame all of a sudden. So how does Play Anywhere work exactly? Is it possible to use my GCU discount at Best Buy for the PC version? It doesn't seem like I can apply my DCU discount to an Xbox One digital download code... I'm basically just trying to find the best price on this...
Nobody? :(

ekim

PC version is attached to your MS account when you buy it digitally. Cheapest variant would be to buy from the Hong Kong store but you need a HKD gift card and need to go through the Chinese storefront. Play anywhere is digital only. Doesn't matter if you buy the game on your Xbox console or on the Win10 store.

Goddamn, this game is the greatest. Set up my custom playlist through Groove Music (the built-in rock stations aren't up my alley) and just drove (and drove and drove). I accepted anything Anna suggested to me, did barn finds, Stunt PR things, raced drivatars and randoms, etc. It's just such a joy to drive around this world.

One small gripe, which is probably just because reality isn't as good as fantasy for me - some of the cockpit cam windshields really knock the colour out of the world. I'm assuming this is because they actually do that. But a few times I've assumed I was driving near dusk and when I switch camera angles found it was actually mid-day sunshine out there on the outback. Hah!

Echoes

Any tips on finding barn houses? I got a mission in the rain forest and I'm pretty sure I scrubbed the area clean with the drone but there's nothing... I did find two spots but when I drove to them nothing triggered. Hmm.

forzahorizon39_24_201b5ssv.png

forzahorizon39_24_201ctstn.png

If you play for fun, you probably want to keep assists on. Turning them off adds more realism, which makes the game harder, which sounds like the opposite of what you want in a racing game.

Good point! I was wondering if there were options that I could disable and that would maybe give me more control without being too overwhelming.

ekim

Goddamn, this game is the greatest. Set up my custom playlist through Groove Music (the built-in rock stations aren't up my alley) and just drove (and drove and drove). I accepted anything Anna suggested to me, did barn finds, Stunt PR things, raced drivatars and randoms, etc. It's just such a joy to drive around this world.

One small gripe, which is probably just because reality isn't as good as fantasy for me - some of the cockpit cam windshields really knock the colour out of the world. I'm assuming this is because they actually do that. But a few times I've assumed I was driving near dusk and when I switch camera angles found it was actually mid-day sunshine out there on the outback. Hah!

Yah it makes the picture darker during certain times of the day but I also guess it's normal for windshields. (Didn't drive a car for years now)

Any tips on finding barn houses? I got a mission in the rain forest and I'm pretty sure I scrubbed the area clean with the drone but there's nothing... I did find two spots but when I drove to them nothing triggered. Hmm. Good point! I was wondering if there were options that I could disable and that would maybe give me more control without being too overwhelming.
Get the skill where you can use your drone to mark barn finds. Should speed up the process quite a bit.

0racle

Added myself to the list and sent request for joining ForzaGAF. Gamertag is Doikor.

Can you provide me with the link to add myself?

I'm in dire need of GAF friends. I'm 31 and a my friends have moved on from gaming many years ago.

I honestly don't have a single soul to play with.

GT: Time Splitter

Can you provide me with the link to add myself?

I'm in dire need of GAF friends. I'm 31 and a my friends have moved on from gaming many years ago.

I honestly don't have a single soul to play with.

GT: Time Splitter

It's the last thing in the OP. Also I'll add you. :)

GT: KidInsomnia

T Ghost

Here's the FH3 special edition controller stand with the skin applied to a regular black controller.
Looks very cool, makes good pair with the FM6 limited edition console and controler.

kDkuMoi.jpg

JwBIfSe.jpg

Stand is a Best Buy for all FH3 pre-orders and it is also for sale for $20.

T.O.P

Banned
Here's the FH3 special edition controller stand with the skin applied to a regular black controller.
Looks very cool, makes good pair with the FM6 limited edition console and controler.

kDkuMoi.jpg

JwBIfSe.jpg

Stand is a Best Buy for all FH3 pre-orders and it is also for sale for $20.
Gorgeous! No sign of this in Europe I guess?

I just got my warthog code a few hours ago , cant wait to play it.

Got mine last night and redeemed it via the Xbox app on PC, still no hog. No preorder bonuses from gamestop either. Bought digitally through gamestop since I was having issues with the MS store. Any tips?

I have no access to an Xbox, is that related to it?

Does anywhere at all have the Ultimate Edition digitally cheaper than $129CDN?

I'm not sure I can justify such a high pricetag,

Not really. Now that you have to buy gift cards for the full purchase on the HK store you'll only save about $10. It's easier to just buy points cards from Costco where you save ~$7 due to their pricing.

Has anyone on PC managed to get the Warthog to work?

RS4-

So what the fuck. My game CTDs, I try to play, it immediately CTDs again.

I try going to the Win 10 Store to play from there, now it says I have to buy the game.

Not really. Now that you have to buy gift cards for the full purchase on the HK store you'll only save about $10. It's easier to just buy points cards from Costco where you save ~$7 due to their pricing.

Has anyone on PC managed to get the Warthog to work?

Damn. I think I'll stick to the regular edition then and wait until Tuesday. Thanks.

Glomby

Appreciate the offers of assistance, if we need additional data I'll be sure to reach out!

If you like more data I would like to help as well. I only played the game on PC (the demo on X1 obviously). I'm not getting any of the ultimate rewards. After like 6 hours of playing I then started it up on my Xbox for the first time and all the ultimate stuff is there. I also put one of the cars in my garage. When I go back to PC I can see the DLC where I got the car from but not the other one and the car is in my garage but when I'm trying to use it the game tells me to buy the DLC.

It is completely irgnoring the fact that I own the ultimate edition on PC. A friend of mine also bought the ultimate edition on X1 and we have game sharing active. So I wouldn't need the game on my X1 to play it, maybe this messed something up as well?

Where does one find the Warthog? I redeemed my code online but nothing downloaded and I can't find it in game.

Having the same problem. I redeemed it weeks ago, couldnt find it in the game, so then i deleted it and was going to reinstall it but now i cant see any of my "ready to install" content for my account at all. :(

purg3

slept with Malkin
Picked up the ultimate edition at BB, and get home to install. 47GB update, really now? Time to go make sandwiches...

Strider

So I can't redeem the new messaged code for the preorder bonus vehicle.

But the bigger issue is I also noticed that the 10mb file I downloaded when I redeemed my warthog code is just gone now on my xb1. Totally disappeared which seems just weird to me. I hope that gets sorted soon because I really wanna drive that thing lol

dragoncdf

so just got my warhog code. earlier i had launched halo 5 just in case. for those wondering where it is in game it looks like it's not releasing till the 27 according to the message with the code. something strange happened couldn't redeem the code via xbox had to use the computer to redeem. when i clicked the redeem button on xbox it just closed the message center.

Top Bottom