• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

I'm so sad lol, I sold my xbox ones back when this was announced for PC, since then made a new PC and planned on playing it with my wife on hers.

-find out no game sharing, sooo have to buy 2 copies
-got ultimate to test out both PCs after a bunch of screwing around finally got it working on mine, played great aside from the bugs everyone noticed
-pos refuses to start on her PC, redownloads 3 times uses up my monthly bandwidth, and still just opens the app screen and hangs or closes right away, looks like some server encryption bs from the log.
-can't copy files since they too are encrypted beyond even admin somehow.

Give up and get refunds. If I had unlimited fast Internet maybe I could fuck around more but I'd have to wait a month to even download it thanks to Rogers shitternet.

TLDR: MS Store and their bs encryption is the devil and ruined one of my favourite game series for my wife and I. Also Canadian Internet is garbage.

Gowans

Love this put in 8 hours last night across Xbox and PC. Level 20 and still want to et back home quickly to get back to it.

Just wish my buds had it for campaign coop, gona leave a few events down too.

Klocker

Zomg it failed 2 times in a row on my main gaming rig now, and I just got the "your monthly bandwidth is up" msg from Rogers.... Fuck it I'm just getting a refund, now I gotta go 2 weeks on overcharges because the stupid thing kept downloading and crapping out.

Well the game itself seemed ok aside from some bugs but fuck me the Microsoft store is the worst pile of shit on the planet.

That sucks. Download limits are the worst especially in this day and age.

I love the new way they buy parts now with shopping cart until your done... Also auction is back! And blueprint mode... Love this game

So do you have to do anything to get the Warthog once you get the code? I've redeemed it but I don't see it in the garage, or the autoshow, or in DLC cars, or the message center, or anywhere really.

Did everybody else just have it show up in their garage? Is my code messed up?

Klocker

So do you have to do anything to get the Warthog once you get the code? I've redeemed it but I don't see it in the garage, or the autoshow, or in DLC cars, or the message center, or anywhere really.

My code said it was successful and yet I have not found the warthog anywhere

TheKeyPit

Banned

I redeemed the code while the game was running and once I went into the main menu of the game, a message popped up that a car was added to my garage. I didn't look there yet.

terrible

Banned
Can you pin the game to the desktop or task bar?

Yes to both. Use search in Windows and type Forza, then right click and select pin to taskbar. To add a desktop shortcut press Windows key + R and type shell:AppsFolder and press enter, then find Forza Horizon 3 and right click it and select "create shortcut".

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Mine wasn't showing up on PC. Just booted up on Xbox and it shows up immediately and I have my little crown too. Going to try on PC again now to see if that carries across

IMACOMPUTA

Late reply, but yes. That is working for me,

I think i was having problems because i have an older than dirt bluetooth dongle. Audio through the 3.5mm headphone jack is pure crap and the rumble triggers don't work.

I ended up using USB and I ordered a new bt 4.0 dongle. Hope that one works out for me.

Thanks for the reply.

Xater

Any PC players figured out how to get the warthog? I redeemed the code a few days back but it's not in game? All my VIP and PreOrder cards were there under dlc. I don't have my Xbox One anymore to try that route either sadly.

I have the same issue on Xbox. :(

willbsn13

I'm having the same issue. Helios, any work arounds?

Lettuce

Yes to both. Use search in Windows and type Forza, then right click and select pin to taskbar. To add a desktop shortcut press Windows key + R and type shell:AppsFolder and press enter, then find Forza Horizon 3 and right click it and select "create shortcut".

Thank you sir!!!

pronk420

Thanks to whoever mentioned simplygames were shipping it, got my standard edition today.

taking forever to install though, it seems to be doing some weird combination of installing from disc and downloading slowly from the internet.

Caayn

Nice OT, but... where's the release date?
In the OP ;)
Pd4n2qN.png

Specs:
27-09 for everyone.
23-09 for people with money.

Gerdav

I think all the code stuff (Warthog) + VIP are ducked for now
on PC

The Warthog is not not just broken on PC I'm only playing on two Xbox One's a OG and a S in different rooms, I redeemed the code directly through the messages it told me it was successful and I have checked everywhere in game and have nada, the VIP and all stars pack are fine, if I redeem the code again it tells me it's already been redeemed, when checking manage game there is no warthog listed but everything else is there, VIP, all stars, car pass, and the expansion pass I bought yesterday.

And on a related note I got another message through live last night with a code for a pre order bonus 2016 Mercedes-Benz E63 S Coupe, if I click use code through the message nothing happens and if I type it in manually it tells me the code is invalid😡😡

Xater

I know we have someone from Turn 10 reading this thread. Would be nice to know if they are working on the Warthog situation or if we need to contact support or something. I was really looking forward to driving that thing around Australia.

Evo X

Yo, what the FUCK. I feel like I just came out of a time warp.

Got home from the gym, figured I would turn my Xbox on for two minutes to install the Warthog before preparing my meal. Ended up playing for FOUR HOURS.

Now I am super hungry and tired and have no idea what the hell just happened.

Neil_J_UK

So, did I miss the first ForzaGAF meeting ~8-9 hours ago? :(

Yup! Had an awesome time, thanks for the invite Zorbs - I think we all need to have an all Robin Supervan race next time!!

It was my first time playing on PC and playing / chatting to people on Xbox too - very impressive stuff, worked seamlessly.

Yo, what the FUCK. I feel like I just came out of a time warp.

Got home from the gym, figured I would turn my Xbox on for two minutes to install the Warthog before preparing my meal. Ended up playing for FOUR HOURS.

Now I am super hungry and tired and have no idea what the hell just happened.
Yeah, I just thought I'd see how the xbox version looked compared to the PC on my monitor and ended up playing for another four hours :/

Dominator

Got home around 3am and wanted to mess around for like 20 minutes...

I just turned my Xbox off and its almost 6:30am lol

Addicting is an understatement.

HeliosT10

I know we have someone from Turn 10 reading this thread. Would be nice to know if they are working on the Warthog situation or if we need to contact support or something. I was really looking forward to driving that thing around Australia.

Yeah, it's a known issue and we are working to resolve it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm finding the rewind feature pretty essential. Even on early races I can end up flailing from side to side trying to get the cars under control. Feels weird having to back off the power in an arcade racer

Top Bottom