• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Derko1

Neo Member
Just purchased on PC... can not download. Only says that I own the product and then that the software does not work on this device. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Still not fixed VIP yet? The hell...

Lame as hell. I was really hoping they'd get this fixed over night. How hard can it be when everyone playing on PC currently should be VIP?

Shame on me I guess as I know better than to buy games, especially PC games, at launch.

I think I'm just going to hold off playing now until the VIP stuff and what have you is fixed which is hopefully no later than Tuesday. Maybe a performance patch isn't too far away also.

Sucks because the game is incredible, but I got other stuff I can be doing anyway.

Tankshell

Where the save files stored for the PC version?

C:\Users[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.OpusPG_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

Delete the save folder thats at the above location.

Launch the game, just before it hits the main menu, disconnect from the internet. It will start a new save. Play for a bit, beat the intro races and get to the point where you can exit the game from the pause menu.

Connect back to the internet and launch the game again. At the main menu it will ask whether you want to use the local save (new) or the cloud save (old). Obviously select the new save and you're sweet :)

from: https://m.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/548ct2/fh3_pc_delete_save/

TheKeyPit

Banned
Drivatars are broken for me.

I wanted to do a Street Race on "Pro". No chance. The two guys in the front drove so fast and so perfect that I couldn't get to them.

I tried it on "Expert". No chance. The same as with "Pro".

I tried "Highly Skilled". No chance. The guy in the front had a huge headstart.

I tried "Inexperienced" just for fun. Guess what.

Something's not right here.

Edit: It's like the difficulty got a HUGE increase over the last couple of days.

Edit2: They drive godlike on tracks that don't have any bends/turns.

AsianOni

I wanted to do a Street Race on "Pro". No chance. The two guys in the front drove so fast and so perfect that I couldn't get to them.

Edit: It's like the difficulty got a HUGE increase over the last couple of days.

Street races are insanely more difficult than the rest of the game. I think it needs some adjustments.

IllumiNate

Can someone help me find where we can find the install location of Forza on our PC's so IU can add it to my Steam library? I'm having a difficult time trying to locate the folder.

willbsn13

Yeah the festival events are fine.

Having done all the street races in the game - It's definitely just them. Maybe because there are cars locked behind them (through Midnight battles) they wanted them to be a challenge for the fans of street racing in FH1.

RS4-

Another day without VIP.

Apparently people on reddit have been getting refunds, then purchasing the game again to get their VIP working.
Others that didn't have the VIP issue bought their games on the Xbox store.

Me unfortunately, had both the Xbox and MS page open...and I bought it on the latter.
And just now, was denied a refund lol.

CryptiK

Yeah, it's a known issue and we are working to resolve it.
Can we expect compensation for not working VIP since I have used all my spins without realising VIP wasn't active. Considering a refund, due to not getting access to things I paid a whole lot extra for.

Daffy Duck

What's the deal with the groove stuff?

I thought i could stream music for free, but in game it said I needed to pay after 14 days.

kudoboi

Can we expect compensation for not working VIP since I have used all my spins without realising VIP wasn't active. Considering a refund, due to not getting access to things I paid a whole lot extra for.

I would expect so. It wouldn't even be hard to provide compensation. Just give players who had broken VIP an x amount of spins according to the player's level

What's the deal with the groove stuff?

I thought i could stream music for free, but in game it said I needed to pay after 14 days.

It's a bit misleading, Groove is a randomised music streaming thing like Spotify that you do need to subscribe to. However, you don't actually need that to play your music in-game, you just need to put some songs on OneDrive and make sure to make a playlist of them. Then you can select the playlist in the game's audio options.

CryptiK

I'll see if they have this working by Sunday night if not Im getting a refund per Australian law. And will just re buy the non ultimate edition.

Daffy Duck

Ok cool, I've got a playlist on groove called Forza but it fails to load it when I'm in game, just says can't get playlist at this moment try again.

Right,for some reason the playlist I did on one drive didn't work so I created a new one in groove on my Xbox and added my songs and now I have my music, sweet.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think I'm just going to hold off playing now until the VIP stuff and what have you is fixed which is hopefully no later than Tuesday. Maybe a performance patch isn't too far away also.

Sucks because the game is incredible, but I got other stuff I can be doing anyway.

Isn't the only broken 'earning' part the spins? If so I hope playground can fix it to retroactively reward us base don our level. The other broken bits - missing cars etc I don't mind playing while waiting for.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I would expect so. It wouldn't even be hard to provide compensation. Just give players who had broken VIP an x amount of spins according to the player's level

Yeah, I figure they'll do something like that. The game is a ton of fun, and mostly runs great on my rig, so I'm not super upset about it. Just mildly annoyed as I'd like to be getting all my rewards. But I think I'm just going to play, use spins that I have to (when leveling up after a race) and bank the ones you don't have to use immediately until there's a fix/news about compensation.

Top Bottom