• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

AristoCat

I hope the fujimi kaito is back with night racing ! It would be glorious after the disapointment that was 5 over 4.... And please bring back the store front !

TheBIG

Banned
cpNpzMz.jpg

GHG

Anyone shocked by this? I was hoping for a Wii U relase :)
Seems that we will be getting a Forza every year, swapping with Horizon. I just hope it doesn't go the way of AC or COD in the long run.

Looking forward to the new micro transactions, then the subsequent patch to remove them.

You forgot to post the screenshot of the cardboard cutouts.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yep, i'm dying to finally see some sidewall lettering and some widebody kit options.

Even things like custom front mounted intercooler/oil coolers would be nice.

vDRYJBy.jpg

I mean, they added some headlight cover options, but it would've been nice to see my Hakosuka Skyline with the fenders and external oil cooler..

Jeez exactly what id be hunting for, just some nice over-fenders they dont need to be Rocket Bunny, just something to give our cars a more aggressive stance.

SideWall lettering something ive always loved, such a simple touch to a car but it looks so good.

Hopefully this has some radical next-gen additions instead of the small incremental updates were used to. Forza 5 was basically a Forza 4 port with less cars to me.

Really hope they will add more current cars. Like Golf 7 GTI/R, 2014 or 6th gen Camaro, 2014 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, 2013 Jaugar F-Type, 2014 BMW i8, 2015 Honda/Acura NSX, etc.

SmokyDave

I'd pay a lot to have RWB/Rocket Bunny/Liberty Walk bodykits in the game..
I can't see RWB without Porsche, but the other two ought to be a piece of piss given they're 'flavour of the day'.

I wish they'd take a look at how Shift 2 handled the racing 'versions'. Best thing about that game by far. I could sit and customise cars all day long.

AsianOni

I can't see RWB without Porsche, but the other two ought to be a piece of piss given they're 'flavour of the day'.

I wish they'd take a look at how Shift 2 handled the racing 'versions'. Best thing about that game by far. I could sit and customise cars all day long.

Speaking of Porsche, the exclusive deal with EA is supposed to end this year. :D

Estocolmo

What's with these stupid comments?

We get it, we knew Forza was coming and we don't give a crap if you thought it was obvious.

+1

So tired of reading those stupid comments. How often do you need to repeat the same uninteresting comment? Enough already.

ekim

My wishlist for FM6:
- better presentation, especially for the career mode including music
- option for longer races in career mode + qualifying races
- dynamic weather and time of day

But I guess they will stick to the clean High-Society "Lounge" style.

c0de

My wishlist for FM6:

If this is true, the OT will be even worse than this thread, for sure.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
So essentially what you are saying is that because there is an option to use real currency to purchase cars it is using a free-to-play esc model?

Even though the microtransactions are far far from intrusive....its literally one line under the CR price of the car.
The XP accelerator and CR accelerator arent in front of you, you kinda have to hunt to find them.

SO i dont get why it bothers you so much.

It doesn't bother me and I didn't call forza 5 a f2p game. I was just pointing out that the "unlock everything without spending a penny" statement is a poor defence as it can apply to f2p games. Obviously, F5 is a retail title with optional microtransactions. Touchy, much?

As far as I'm concerned, this is happy news because it means Forza Horizon 3 is closer.

Forza 5 was a big flop to me. Will follow this upon release though.

c0de

Why? I didn't really follow the thread here.

Aside from "shocked"-comments a lot talk about Forza releasing yearly, milking the franchise, micro-transactions and so on, nothing with substance. It's on the wrong system, so... :)

Phinor

My wishlist for FM6:

I have even shorter wishlist:

-Support for existing multiplatform wheels

Since that isn't happening thanks to $$$, it's not much of a decision to pass. Again, when my current wheel breaks down, whether that's in one year or ten years, I'll look into buying a new one.

saladine1

Shift 2's 'works conversion' were amazing!
I would love to see a converted cabin in Forza.

Although fenders greatly enhance a car's visual appearance, it's the practicality it offers that I'm more interested in...

G Rom

My wishlist for FM6:

Don't you dare saying that Lance Hayes' music is bad. FM3/4/5's menu music is among the best ones for a racing game IMO, up there with PGR2's !

I couldn't care less about in-game music though as I always turn it off...

One thing I really hope for is a proper HUD-less mode. By that I mean being able to get relevant informations easily. For example having a button to ask your current position, your fastest time, etc... to your pit crew.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Don't you dare saying that Lance Hayes' music is bad. FM3/4/5's menu music is among the best ones for a racing game IMO, up there with PGR2's !

I couldn't care less about in-game music though as I always turn it off...

The menu music was fine. The in race music was hilariously out of place.

Bgamer90

Banned
Already?

Guess this is going to end up being the first in the series I'll be forced to miss out on.

Yes "already". The series has always been every two years so I don't get why it's surprising.

What's funnier is that there were so many posts during previous months of people saying Forza Motorsport 6 would come this year. Don't remember anyone making a "too soon" reply. If anything many said, "Yeah -- obvious based on the series' pattern" or something similar to that.

Now that it's confirmed though there seems to be many "surprised" at how "fast" it's coming out.

Shaneus

One thing I really hope for is a proper HUD-less mode. By that I mean being able to get relevant informations easily. For example having a button to ask your current position, your fastest time, etc... to your pit crew.
Or Kinect voice control.

"What's my current position?"
"You're currently placed fifth"

"How far am I through the race?"
"You're currently about two-thirds through"

Wabba

Love the new game, but the Ford GT looks not good. Way to many strange design decisions, it looks like the have totally scrapped the original design and used more of a futuristic design.

Because the original is basically perfect :)

It all started when someone looked at the GT40 and said "Will you make a big one for tall idiots like me?" It was the one thing that suited short people over tall people, and they took away its identity. Also, it gradually took away its style as well.

I think Forza 4 and 5 did more to harm the brand than Horizon did. Took the franchise into Madden/Gran Turismo territory of iterative cash-ins.

Handling model of 4 was a massive upgrade over 3, and 5 even more so. You need to look deeper than the rantings of folks on forums.

The handling model is the most important thing in the game, the thing that makes it so good.

ekim

I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it's not a good fit while in a race.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It doesn't bother me and I didn't call forza 5 a f2p game. I was just pointing out that the "unlock everything without spending a penny" statement is a poor defence as it can apply to f2p games. Obviously, F5 is a retail title with optional microtransactions. Touchy, much?

I cant even remember who i was originally talking to, but the conversation seemed to keep going.
I just didnt find Forza 5s Micro Transactions intrusive, that was pretty much my point, people listing MTs as a major downpoint against F5 seemed to be taking it a bit far and i seemed to have gone down some other path with my argument.

Anyway

Or Kinect voice control.

"What's my current position?"
"You're currently placed fifth"

"How far am I through the race?"
"You're currently about two-thirds through"

While that's a great idea, I would rather they disable all Kinect features to get as much power as possible for the game.

The salt in this thread is crazy.

The MT options weren't even that bad for a game that has a hiatoey of grinding anyway.

yeah i dont get it either. Do most of the people complaining about it actually own Horizon 2 or Forza 5? Because if not, why would you bother to come in here?

Business

I think they should have showed something else. Ultra detailed car models is something (real time or not) the public was already used to see in their last gen iterations or GT on ps3. It's just not very impressive anymore.

Top Bottom