• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

So the official boxart has the Top Gear logo again? Uggghhhhhhhh

It doesn't. The boxart from Xbox's twitter does not have the logo.

B7NzaYqIEAAO2Tz.jpg:large

The_Monk

Good news, I can't wait for the day to be able to get Forza 5, Horizon 2 and Forza 6. It's going to be amazing to have a FORZA machine since I can't explain how much I miss the Forza's gameplay. Why do I have to budget all the time, why...

Also, so warm to the heart to see some good old FORZA-GAF in here, great to see many are still around and excited for the new Forza. Hope Helios is still around GAF as well, amazing person! :)

Majanew

Banned
I'm beyond hyped! Love Forza Motorsport. I can't wait to see some screenshots and gameplay footage. That Ford and cover are sexy... don't screw up the cover by changing it!

saladine1

Well, we know..or we have evidence that T10 was laser scanning Imola.
Or was it Monza ?

And Barber Motorsport Park

Or something.

That was before FM5 came out, so i think they've been sitting on (rather: polishing and optimizing) a few tracks that were probably expected to debut with Fm5.

I think it was Monza.

Good news, I can't wait for the day to be able to get Forza 5, Horizon 2 and Forza 6. It's going to be amazing to have a FORZA machine since I can't explain how much I miss the Forza's gameplay. Why do I have to budget all the time, why...

Also, so warm to the heart to see some good old FORZA-GAF in here, great to see many are still around and excited for the new Forza. Hope Helios is still around GAF as well, amazing person! :)

My God, you still can't get the Xbox and Forza?

c0de

Dynamic Weather
Dynamic day night cycle
All cars and dlc cars from fh2 and fm5, less dlc this time
More tracks, good balance between real world and fantasy.
Proper pit stops with animations and pit options etc.
More realistic tire degredation and fuel usage simulation
More mods/ upgrades
Option to do full race conversions on most cars
Proper endurance races
Drag racing and drag strips
Adjustable cockpit view
Full HUD off options
Options to drive vs normal but competent AI instead of crazy drivatars
Porsches (!)

Then there would be nothing left for Forza 7 :(

G Rom

I wonder where all those people saying "no microtransactions" were during FM4's time, you know, the game that actually debuted the token system in the series...

Well, we know..or we have evidence that T10 was laser scanning Imola.
Or was it Monza ?

And Barber Motorsport Park

Or something.

That was before FM5 came out, so i think they've been sitting on (rather: polishing and optimizing) a few tracks that were probably expected to debut with Fm5.

Quoting myself :

Update to the track list with Bathurst (how could I forget it...)

Rumored

Long Beach Grand Prix Circuit (USA)

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italy)

Silverstone Circuit (England) - New layout

Yas Island Marina Circuit (Abu Dhabi)

Pacific Raceways (USA)

Mount Panorama Circuit (Australia)

Confirmed

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)

Indianapolis Motor Speedway (USA)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (USA)

Praha (Prague ; Czech Republic)

TopGear Test Track (England)

Monza and Pacific Raceways are two of the known tracks that haven't appeared yet.
Hopefully the Smartgeometrics folks made a trip to Japan this time...

no maam

Banned
Throw me in the camp who prefer forza 5 over horizon 2. If they add dynamic time of day I'll probably purchase, if not I'll stick to 5. Don't care about weather.

I want it to be more difficult to get cars. Or maybe a toggle, to voluntarily lower the rewards.

I can't seem to stick to a car otherwise. I loved PGR3's system, where you'd end up saving for what felt like forever to get the car of your dreams, then you'd drive it until the wheels fell off the thing. In Fords 5 (post-patch), cars feel disposable. Not so big a problem in Horizon I think, but it just seems a shame. These cars are so beautiful, so well-made, and I never end up truly savouring them.

Also, bring the auction house back please. And make it actually possible to find decent designs.

Megasoum

Banned
I wonder where all those people saying "no microtransactions" were during FM4's time, you know, the game that actually debuted the token system in the series...

Quoting myself :

Monza and Pacific Raceways are two of the known tracks that haven't appeared yet.
Hopefully the Smartgeometrics folks made a trip to Japan this time...

Hmm never heard of that Pacific Raceway

G Rom

Hopefully, they tell us straight away if there's weather and/or dynamic time of day instead of teasing us like this :
turn_10_office_25.jpg

I wonder if we ever get to see Blue Mountain again...

Considering we now have the real version aka Bathurst, I don't think so...

GHG

Then there would be nothing left for Forza 7 :(

Then Forza 7 can come out 3/4 years later. If they can do it all there is no reason why there shouldn't.

Hell, they could just scrap FM7 all together and keep expanding on FM6 for the rest of the xbones lifecycle.

Flappy

Banned
With FM being a 60fps-only franchise. I wouldn't expect weather to look anything special if it is included.

Unless T10 have a super duper new engine.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
I'd be happy with the weather and the night time from horizon 2 plus the view in drive club where you ate inside the car but can't see the steering wheel, I can already see my wheel so does my head in.

ShamePain

Banned
I hope for all FM5's circuits + around 7 or 10 new ones.
The ones I hope they add:
- Suzuka (must have)
- Infineon
- Willow Springs (love it in GT6)
- Monaco
- Monza
- Hockenheim
- New Showcase track obviously
- I'd love Montserrat to return, great layout
- Twin Ring Motegi / Tsukuba

Jaeger

That is one fugly overdesigned car :/

What does that even mean? I don't understand. You know most cars, especially supercars are designed in a wind tunnel. All creases and panels, and gaps are there and serve a purpose. Mostly channeling down-force to help keep the car on the road at high speeds. You must consider all supercars that came out in the past several years to be "overdesigned" too, huh?

GHG

With FM being a 60fps-only franchise. I wouldn't expect weather to look anything special if it is included.

Depends on how they implement and optimise.

Pcars has it without it having too much of a burden on performance anymore. I say anymore because when it was 1st introduced my god was it a performance hog.

And like I said before, the GT games had it last he at 60fps (unstable).

It doesn't have to be driveclub quality in terms of visuals, bug it needs to be there and it needs to effect the racing/physics in a meaningful way.

c0de

Why would it have to look special in a sim? If anything it should play special depending on weather conditions.

Throw me in the camp who prefer forza 5 over horizon 2. If they add dynamic time of day I'll probably purchase, if not I'll stick to 5. Don't care about weather.

Same here. While I am enjoying Horizon 2, I'm much more interested in simulation oriented gameplay. Forza 5 is the king on consoles right now in that regard. I know the game got much flack for a variety of reasons, but they delivered an improved game in all aspects that mattered in my opinion (e.g. laser scanned tracks, updated physics engine/models, open wheel cars, etc.). Forza 6 will just build content on top of this and improve the game further. All in all it is shaping up to be one heck of a year for simulation driving fans. Project Cars in a couple of months and Forza 6 towards the end of the year.

Flappy

Banned
Why would it have to look special in a sim?

Because people have been spoiled by other games. So they automatically expect the same level or they will be disappointed. It's a natural human trait.

It doesn't bother me personally, I take gameplay over visuals. But I know what will happen if it doesn't (Hell, we all do lol). That thread will be 500 pages long.

Jaeger

I do. They have lost the art of art.

Especially the latest mclaren abomination. It looks like it was designed by Criterion.

I still don't understand what you are saying, nor did you give a proper explanation. They lost the "art of art"? I still don't get it.

saladine1

Hopefully, they tell us straight away if there's weather and/or dynamic time of day instead of teasing us like this :
turn_10_office_25.jpg

Considering we now have the real version aka Bathurst, I don't think so...

I think they told us rather early on that it wouldn't be featured in FM5. So I hope they afford us the same courtesy this time around too..

Mr E.

Because people have been spoiled by other games. So they automatically expect the same level or they will be disappointed. It's a natural human trait.

It doesn't bother me personally, I take gameplay over visuals. But I know what will happen if it doesn't (Hell, we all do lol). That thread will be 500 pages long.
I don't care about others thoughts. As long as I enjoy it myself.

If FM6 does weather I'm hoping for more than just a uniformly slippery track, they've supposedly played with differing grip levels on certain surfaces (cool areas, marbles) and ideally I'd like to see more as in the racing line drying out over time.

c0de

Yeah, you are right, I guess. People won't care that a game at 1080p60 can't look as good as a game at 1080p30 on more powerful hardware.

Unless they have completely overhauled the lighting engine dynamic weather and day/night transitions are out of the question because of the way they bake all the lighting in. The best you can hope for is Gran Turismo 3 style night tracks and wet tracks and even then I'm sceptical because Dan doesn't like driving in the rain because according to him it's 'not fun'....

Flappy

Banned
I still don't understand what you are saying, nor did you give a proper explanation. They lost the "art of art"? I still don't get it.

Well, old supercars had an elegance to them. They were more romantic. Designed by artists.

Modern cars are designed by engineers on computers.

Now, before you flip out, I know that modern designs are more aerodynamic, go much faster, are safer, and appeal to some people.

But I would take this:

used-1971-lamborghini-miura-p400s-9423-5854346-1-640.jpg

Over this ugly shit:

Lamborghini-Aventador-626x382.jpg

saladine1

Well, old supercars had an elegance to them. They were more romantic. Designed by artists.

Now, before you flip out, I know that modern designs are more aerodynamic, go much faster, are safer, and appeal to some people.

But I would take this:

Over this ugly shit:

lol, I think you and I are the only guys who feel this way..

Unless they have completely overhauled the lighting engine dynamic weather and day/night transitions are out of the question because of the way they bake all the lighting in. The best you can hope for is Gran Turismo 3 style night tracks and wet tracks and even then I'm sceptical because Dan doesn't like driving in the rain because according to him it's 'not fun'....

Well unless they are aiming for a larger grid, higher level LODs or some dumb shit like 3D crowds T10 should be better equipped for this game than the last.

I'd prefer something like 1280x1080 with all the fancy effects they can cram in.

lol, I think you and I are the only guys who feel this way..

But I would take this:

Over this ugly shit:

You guys know it. Especially Lamborghini... ugh, their cars are so ugly nowadays.

Jaeger

But I would take this:

Over this ugly shit:

I hate the way you present your opinion. Its very condescending, and to all the artist who do work on modern automobiles, it's disrespectful. The same love and care that went into auto design is still very much present, now. Yes, of course they would use aids and tools that didn't exist back in the day to design their cars. They use those same advantages with every part of automotive creation. And your rose-tinted view of "older cars being better!" is nothing new. And every several decades someone proclaims their cars to be the better looking one. See, 30s, 40's, 50's, 60's, and so on.

The Miura is beautiful. And also like "modern" cars designed by engineers. Gian Paolo Dallara, Paolo Stanzani, and Bob Wallace. Don't know where you are getting your information from.

Noting wrong with having your own opinion though. No matter how uninformed and obnoxious it comes off.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures

But I would take this:

Over this ugly shit:

Amen brother

Top Bottom