• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced for Xbox One

a.wd

It does, but its pretty much just a replica of the MK1 GT40. At least they're changing it up a bit.

I love the direction the new one has, like fuck you Ferrari, porsche and mclaren can suck my dick super aggressive, the 90 was always beautiful but I always felt not as aggressive as the 40. This, this thing would prowl around supermarket car parks at night looking for werewolves to eat.

I think they should have showed something else. Ultra detailed car models is something (real time or not) the public was already used to see in their last gen iterations or GT on ps3. It's just not very impressive anymore.

That trailer wasn't for gamers, its for the car show audience. For them it was impressive.

I love the direction the new one has, like fuck you Ferrari, porsche and mclaren can suck my dick super aggressive, the 90 was always beautiful but I always felt not as aggressive as the 40. This, this thing would prowl around supermarket car parks at night looking for werewolves to eat.

Do you write for jalopnik?
http://jalopnik.com/these-are-the-ford-gt-photos-that-will-make-ferrari-shi-1678957668

TheBIG

Banned
IiUDM5I.jpg

Duykffw.jpg

I honestly wouldn't mind if FM6's cover looked like that.

The game cover is official, it's on the Xbox twitter accounts. The boxed Xbox One isn't. The poster has repeatedly posted images like that, and just stays silent no explanation or anything and never posts again in threads. Check his history.

Grassy

Love the new game, but the Ford GT looks not good. Way to many strange design decisions, it looks like the have totally scrapped the original design and used more of a futuristic design.

Yeah so they've changed the Ford GT up a bit. Tried to progress the design. Do you want them to just make the same thing over and over with a few minor cosmetic differences to remain safe? Standardise it like the Porsche 911 perhaps? Fuck that...I give them props for giving their designers a bit of freedom.

It's sexy as all hell, makes me want to move to the USA so I can fucking buy one.

What the fuck at this thread man. It's been an eye-opener.

I just bought Fora 5 in the sale. :/

So what's the problem? Go and play it. You've got 10 months until the next game arrives.

ShamePain

Banned
The game cover is official, it's on the Xbox twitter accounts. The boxed Xbox One isn't. The poster has repeatedly posted images like that, and just stays silent no explanation or anything and never posts again in threads. Check his history.

Well, of course it's fake, it has Day One Edition written there.

saladine1

I understand that we wont be seeing any game-play footage until E3, but does that mean we wont be getting any other information regarding content, features..etc before then too?

OrangeOak

Don't you dare saying that Lance Hayes' music is bad. FM3/4/5's menu music is among the best ones for a racing game IMO, up there with PGR2's !

I couldn't care less about in-game music though as I always turn it off...

One thing I really hope for is a proper HUD-less mode. By that I mean being able to get relevant informations easily. For example having a button to ask your current position, your fastest time, etc... to your pit crew.

Don't you dare saying that Forza 5 main menu music is on the same level as that awesome Forza 3 and 4 main menu themes :p
I don't know what happened there but music in Forza 5 is reall bad for the most part.Some tracks are downright annoying (that female singing).
I was really suprised by that since two previous games had as you said music that is among the best in racing games.

As for Forza 6 I would really like them to ignore that silly 2d crowds complains and focus on something that really matters like day/night cycle,more tracks,better campaign(something like grid) with longer or adjustable race lenghts and maybe working pits or at least give some meaning to them.
I love Forza 5 and I am still playing it but that series needs some new features badly.

Stevey

Shame they put the Ford GT on the cover, but it'll be day one regardless.

All I really want is weather and for them to bring back Suzuka, couldn't believe it when I realised it's not in 5.

veidi

Soo Jalopnik had the right guess yesterday =D
I am stoked for new infos.....hope there is something before E3, usually there were plenty of them.

You know the answer to that.

5's pre-launch build up was a mess, going by the way tracks were released as they finished them T10 were probably feeling the strain.

Hopefully everything's settled down a bit since then and we get some proper hype.

Oh and if there's no weather or night get that shit answered honestly asap.

All cars are unlocked in career....you just need to afford them.
With Forza Rewards and earnings patch, you can essentially buy whatever you want, and if you just want to mess around with a car go to freeplay.

As for the rental service, you must not have played Forza M 5 in a very very long time, cuz all cars are available in freeplay, you just dont earn credits which is fine.

What cars are hidden behind microtransactions?
Please tell me, cuz i just booted FM5 and FH2 and havent found any cars hidden or whatever behind microtransactions?

Good to know they fixed it. Considering freeplay mode was gimped you either had to do the tour to get enough cash to get the car you liked which I had no interest in doing (playing all the tour modes from the prior games I know what they are about and don't add anything to the game apart from a false sense of progression) so the other option was to purchase the cars via microtransactions which there was no chance of me doing either. All quite a strange thing considering they had it on point in the prior games.

5's pre-launch build up was a mess, going by the way tracks were released as they finished them T10 were probably feeling the strain.

Hopefully everything's settled down a bit since then and we get some proper hype.

Oh and if there's no weather or night get that shit answered honestly asap.

I'm not sure I'll bother upgrading if it has neither, new cars and tracks are always nice but It's a new title, it should bring new elements to the table.

So, what is everyone hoping for, more tracks and weather ?

Weather/day night cycle, rally racing, proper pit stops, qualifying and tyre branding!

jem0208

How many Forza games do we need? Annual release?

The amount of times this has been posted in this thread is ridiculous.

Horizon and Motorsport are two very different games. The Motorsport part of the franchise is not an annual release...

I like the way you're thinking.

saladine1

Yes, my thinking too.

As always a few points i'd like addressed:

Properly simulated straight cut trans whine( was told that this was not a priority because of time constraints)

Better implementation of driveline flex influencing accel/decel loads, trans wobble/oscillation..etc

And (this is something I'm dying for), stock,civilized sounds for stock cars, and upgraded, more aggressive notes for modified vehicles.( You know, it was only yesterday that I found out that the Nissan 240sx is the only car? that actually changes sound quite significantly after upgrades.)
Anyway, whilst FM5 sounds amazing, the cars do sound beefed up from the get go.

And please, please..if I upgrade my car to full race spec, I would really like to see my transmission swapped from standard H shift for example, to a full race spec sequential gearbox. (see GRID AUTOSPORT)

eso76

Well, we know..or we have evidence that T10 was laser scanning Imola.
Or was it Monza ?

And Barber Motorsport Park

Or something.

That was before FM5 came out, so i think they've been sitting on (rather: polishing and optimizing) a few tracks that were probably expected to debut with Fm5.

GHG

So, what is everyone hoping for, more tracks and weather ?

Dynamic Weather
Dynamic day night cycle
All cars and dlc cars from fh2 and fm5, less dlc this time
More tracks, good balance between real world and fantasy.
Proper pit stops with animations and pit options etc.
More realistic tire degredation and fuel usage simulation
More mods/ upgrades
Option to do full race conversions on most cars
Proper endurance races
Drag racing and drag strips
Adjustable cockpit view
Full HUD off options
Options to drive vs normal but competent AI instead of crazy drivatars
Porsches (!)

Certinty

Car looks stunning.

I've had every Forza game and admittedly I have lost interest in the Motorsport games but no doubt I will get this on day 1 regardless.

Top Bottom